• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

DEBT DEMOLITION

ox_5

Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, DEBT DEMOLITION is back.

There's $767,000 remaining to repay our debt.

Let's hope we can knock it all off this year - I have no doubt we will.

DEBT DEMOLITION

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if the donations to this site completely go to the club.

Yes of course they do longsuffering. The site is run by IMG who run most of the raffles etc for the club, and have run debt demolition all the way through for the club. 100% go to the club.

If you feel more comfortable speaking to someone you can call (03) 9643 1760

Edited by ox_5_demons

Yes of course they do longsuffering. The site is run by IMG who run most of the raffles etc for the club, and have run debt demolition all the way through for the club. 100% go to the club.

If you feel more comfortable speaking to someone you can call (03) 9643 1760

No, I'm happy to donate on the site but I saw the IMG logo and I just wasnt sure so I will be donating straight away. If every member donated $25 we would have this thing licked. Give what you can because if we can get rid of this this month what a a great boost it will be to Jimmy.

get on board everyone, ive just pulled out the credit card out and put $50 towards it, its not alot but for me being a first year apprentice on $240 p.w thats a fair wack, tuna and rice for the rest of the week is well worth the sacrifice of see my my team sucessful!!!! wub.gif

I believe the club bought D.D forward partly because of Tony's Banner for Jimmy.

Well done

down to our last $767,000, after having a debt of $5m 2 years ago.

I'm all for it, one last ditch effort could eradicate the debt forever.

Becoming debt free is one of the last pieces of the puzzle considering we now have great facilities, 2 homes (Casey and Olympic park), a strong sponsorship deal, 33000 members and are bursting with on field talent!

Hopefully the club will never have to go to its members for money ever again

We currently have 33,349 MFC members. If each member donates $23 dollars, we will wipe off the $767,000 debt.

Ha really not that much is it be great if everyone can 1) afford it and 2) actually do it.

I find these things usually get left up to a small number or group chipping in alot rather than alot chipping in a little!

Edited by Daz's Dee's

just in regards too the whole Debt Demolition thing if the club wipes the remaining debt does that mean MFC stand on there own two feet and no longer recieve any payment from the AFL??

just in regards too the whole Debt Demolition thing if the club wipes the remaining debt does that mean MFC stand on there own two feet and no longer recieve any payment from the AFL??

The AFL has 2 choices.

Give us more home games against the high drawing Vic clubs or hand over the cash these clubs make playing each other at our ground.

This whole "balance" fund is corporate Bul**hit. If they balance out the draw then we could easily stand on our own 2 feet.

They like keeping some clubs poor, it makes "little" men feel powerful. It's the same crap the IMF use to keep poor countries poor and big corporations rich.

.....Steps off his soap box and heads off to watch Friday night footy.........

Not sure but i have a feeling that that payment has more strings to it than just to aid debt relief. I believe it will be a constant thing (perhaps on a more diminished basis) to help strengthen the club as they start to try to build an asset / revenue base. i may be way off the mark but that is my feeling.

Guest The Boss

The more money the club has, means there is more money that could potentially end up in the pockets of Dean Bailey and Josh Mahoney.....No thanks

The more money the club has, means there is more money that could potentially end up in the pockets of Dean Bailey and Josh Mahoney.....No thanks

Jim Stynes: "So Boss how much are you going to give to help make the club you support strong"

Boss: "None, because it will end up in the hands of Dean and Josh"

JS: No Boss it will pay off the rest of the debt so we can use the money wasted on debt repayments to further strengthen our club"

B: "Which means paying more to Dean and Josh"

JS: "No Boss you're not listening. Dean has a contract and will be receiving that money whether we pay off our debt or not, as does Josh. Now what's the real reason you don't want to help build the club, come on Boss, remember I work with troubled kids all the time I might be able to help"

B: "No one on Demonland likes me or takes me seriously so I just say stupid things to try and [censored] them off"

JS: "But Boss why don't you try engaging them in intelligent conversation and debate and try getting your point across that way"

B: "I suppose so Jim"

JS: "So how much are you going to give to DD this time around"

B: "Probably around $100, but don't tell anyone"

JS "I won't Boss, I'll let you do that when you feel like becoming an active and useful member of Demonland"

You will find that the AFL will want to remove all assistance to the clubs in future & will expect ALL to stand on their own two feet (except maybe GC17 & W/Sydney for a while). With the debt gone & pokies money coming into our coffers, we won't have a problem in the next 5 years.

FFS that is the WORST post i have read on here in 5 years! You are a disgrace, Say those words in front of Stynesy...Nah you would wet your pants wouldn't ya.

I don't think you are even a melbourne supporter and never have, and if you are well i wish you weren't.

Your Avatar gives me the creeps as well.

Lets get rid of this debt & Take on the Big Teams again....

Wouldn't mind seeing you IP banned