Round 13 injury list

Rhys Healey (hamstring) - 4-5 weeks

Daniel Hughes (ankle) - test

Max Gawn (knee) - 1-2 weeks

Jordan Gysberts (back) - 2 weeks

James McDonald (hamstring) - 1-2 weeks

John Meesen (ankle) - indefinite

Ricky Petterd (shoulder) - season

In better news for the Demons, youngsters Luke Tapscott and Sam Blease are set to play their first match this season.

Tapscott, selected at No.18 in last year’s NAB AFL Draft, has missed the year after undergoing hip surgery.

He is a chance to line up in the Casey seniors, although Blease, who is in his second season, has been mooted for the VFL reserves.

Bad news regarding Junior, but this bit is great news!

Edited by ox_5_demons

Interesting to see Macca listed as 1-2 weeks, Didn't look that bad on game day, but clearly it was. They were trying to coax the opposition into thinking he might play and really there wasn't any chance at all

Has Junior suffered a re-occurrence ?

Good to see the likes of Tapscott and Blease now off it.

It doesn't sound like it from what Connolly says in the article. It might have been worse than they let on in the first place - and his old body just taking a bit longer to recover.

MelbourneFC Update

Round 13 injury list

I'm starting to read this as the team looking for leaders to stepup...

I hope Junior will go around again.

PS: The Melbourne Football Club's next open training sessions is: Saturday 3 July - Gosch's Paddock - 10:00am

Cnr Punt Road & Olympic Bvd (Swan Street)

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/Season2008/TrainingTimes/tabid/8753/default.aspx

Edited by dee-luded

I highly doubt we are dragging out his injury due to looking to find some other leaders on-field. I too hope Junior goes around again, and on form this year deserves to.

Just had a closer look at the injury list. There is only 2 players on there who would be automatic inclusions to our best 22 - Junior and Ricky.

Gysberts obviously another who would push for selection, but the rest are rookies or Gawn, our project ruckman who was never going to play this year anyway.

There will be some strong competition for spots in the next few weeks which will hopefully make a few pull their head in - or out, depending on which saying you choose!

I highly doubt we are dragging out his injury due to looking to find some other leaders on-field. I too hope Junior goes around again, and on form this year deserves to.

Just had a closer look at the injury list. There is only 2 players on there who would be automatic inclusions to our best 22 - Junior and Ricky.

Gysberts obviously another who would push for selection, but the rest are rookies or Gawn, our project ruckman who was never going to play this year anyway.

There will be some strong competition for spots in the next few weeks which will hopefully make a few pull their head in - or out, depending on which saying you choose!

Yeah, I agree about the best 22, but this year as we all know is about putting games into the kids to fast track as much as is possible. Thats why I think we see some funny selection things from time to time.

MelbourneFC Update

Round 13 injury list

So where's Stef Martin?

Isn't he supposed to be injured as well?

No doubts they are looking for those leaders to step up as you say although dout it would be at Junior's expense. Hopefully the likes of Grimes, Frawley, Bate, Davey and co step up this week and for the remainder of the year...

plus the fact that casey got pasted last round so definately a few players looking at redemption. Hopefully you are right.

So where's Stef Martin?

I guess we can only assume he will be available for selection this week???

or has he gone walkabout and the club haven't let on???

Melbourne's injury list is such a fascinating thing. Players flit in and out of it with remarkable speed and ingenuity. When, for instance, did Jordan Gysberts suffer a back injury?

And what do you have to do to get on this list? Poor old Stef Martin hasn't played a game for weeks either at Melbourne or at Casey but he can't crack it into the injury list while John Meesen's been a fixture there all year.

And about Sam Blease. I do believe he's played a couple of games in the 2's at Casey so if he gets a run this weekend it won't be his first appearance for the year.

interesting blease is picked for vfl reserves and Tapscott is a chance for seniors...that is the spin doctors at work there...both will play in the vfl reserves...bitter sweet injury list...

glad macca is going to stay off the dodgy [censored]-had surface...for the saints game

It doesn't sound like it from what Connolly says in the article. It might have been worse than they let on in the first place - and his old body just taking a bit longer to recover.

Thanks. Next time I won't be as lazy (I'm good at that) and I'll go to the link provided. :rolleyes: (All I read was what you quoted in OP).

And what do you have to do to get on this list? Poor old Stef Martin hasn't played a game for weeks either at Melbourne or at Casey but he can't crack it into the injury list while John Meesen's been a fixture there all year.

Could it be said that Meesen has finally cemented a spot? B)

Nasty injury. If his AFL career was bleak 12 months ago, it was finished 6 months ago.

So where's Stef Martin?

I have the same question where is Stef Martin?

No one seems to know!

I emailed the club a few days ago asking this question and no reply.

Is this a code that I am missing?

Has he gone walk about and no one is saying so!

DOES ANYONE KNOW?

HaHa, yeah.

Seeing today with Junior, I'm going to ask the question now... Who wants the captaincy next Year???

This seems to me the big Issue Now.

PS: I'm starting to think Junior maybe planning to retire...

Edited by dee-luded