MFC V WC 28K, NM V ADE 16K

Alf Stewart

I'm reluctant to stick the boot into North, because I know without the energy Jim Stynes has brought to the club, we'd probably be in the same position.

We only got 13k to the MCG last year against Fremantle -it was an atrocious day, and in the midst of all that tank talk. But I agree, the fact that only 16k turned up to see a very winnable game in good conditions is very concerning.

Edited by wisedog

Watched Brayshaw on the Footy show today express his disappointment at

scheduling 4 home games at Etihad against lowest drawing Teams. Included interstate

sides Adelaide, West Coast, Port annnnd MFC. Then I thought to myslef it was mid 20K

at Etihad against MFC and I swear the majority were MFC supporters in attendence.

In another interesting fact attendences at our games are up by almost 10,000 people on average.

Up by almost 30 percent so far compared to last season while North's has dropped by about 6 percent.

We are currently infront of StKilda on average attendance by 1,500 people.

However when it comes to the faithful and non bandwagoning supporters you really have to take your hat off to

Richmond supporters while in their darkest of recent periods they're averaging 1k more supporters

than us down only by about 5 percent on last year.

If we continue to track in this direction we are looking at a increased attendence of 100-200k over the season

a great result.

Edited by Diablo Deemon

Watched Brayshaw on the Footy show today express his disappointment at

scheduling 4 home games at Etihad against lowest drawing Teams. Included interstate

sides Adelaide, West Coast, Port annnnd MFC. Then I thought to myslef it was mid 20K

at Etihad against MFC and I swear the majority were MFC supporters in attendence.

I reckon they would bemoan the fact they didn't get that game at the MCG as their home game. Would have got a much better return from the gate.

In another interesting fact attendences at our games are up by almost 10,000 people on average.

Up by almost 30 percent so far compared to last season while North's has dropped by about 6 percent.

We are currently infront of StKilda on average attendance by 1,500 people.

It depends alot of who you play and where you play. Unless you look through and analyse the attendances properly you will be drawing incorrect conclusions

I spoke to some mates who went to the Filth v North Game at the G last Saturday night, where i think 52.000 were at. They guessed about only 5,000 were North Supporters.

As a club they are struggling-they have a profile coach and Prez with some good kids, but nobody is going. They are going to really struggle next year and beyond.

They missed the boat in my eyes.

The match Melbourne-v-Adelaide last year was at the MCG on a sunday twilight time slot where the weather prediction was, as Cam Schwab said "The world was going to end". Also Melbourne were playing poor football and were never really considered a chance.

Last night's match was at an indoor venue where weather doesn't come into it, was a very winable game for North Melbourne who were 3-4 and on a saturday night, very popular time slot for football. The fact they only drew 16K is very poor, and I thought the passion and noise their supporters ceated at the Melb-v-N. Melb game was equally as poor, the Melbourne fans were the only ones making noise.

I really do worry about their long term survival, makes me wonder if they'll look at the possability of the Tasmania Kangaroos????

The thing that really surprised me at the North V Melb game was the total lack of noise from their supporters considering they played well that day.

I really do worry about their long term survival, makes me wonder if they'll look at the possability of the Tasmania Kangaroos????

Their supporters would rather North die than re-locate...if you read bigfooty. Perhaps James Brayshaw has the same stance.

28,000 is a very good crowd for a Melbourne V West Coast game. Well done and we'll make a little profit I'd say.

I'm reluctant to stick the boot into North, because I know without the energy Jim Stynes has brought to the club, we'd probably be in the same position.

We only got 13k to the MCG last year against Fremantle -it was an atrocious day, and in the midst of all that tank talk. But I agree, the fact that only 16k turned up to see a very winnable game in good conditions is very concerning.

We got 14k to a Sunday twilight game (4:40pm) in arctic conditions. NO-ONE says that the Cats on the same weekend at 2pm on a Saturday at their HOME GROUND against a Victorian team only drew 15,000!!!!!! It peeves me that the focus is on us when others have crap crowds and our circumstances with scheduling etc is much worse.

The best thing about our crowd figures so far is we have played 3 home games against interstate clubs and our average home game attendance would be around 35,000. Besides this week the remainder of our home games are Collingwood 55-60K, Essendon 45-55K, Sydney 25-35K, Richmond 35-45K and North Melbourne 25-35K. The club would be wrapped with the turn out so far, imagine when we start winning more than we lose.