Cameron Bruce - enough is enough

Stand up rank and file all the flogs calling for Bruce's head and appologise.

After that have a look at yourselves and slap yourself in the face twice then add an upper cut.

Bruce collected 30 posessions 80% effectiveness 8 contested posessions 6 tackles. He showed

class under pressure and was fantastic in horrid conditions.

I'm no bandwagoner of Bruce's but all you flogs calling for his head haven't got a clue.

Agreed. The Bruce bagging is disgusting.

He is not a complete player. He does have limitations. But he has been good this seasons (not fantastic), and well deserves his place in our starting 18.

Great game last night

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His contract may end in October this year, and expect him to be offered a 2 year deal by the end of the year.

Best game I have seen in years! Bruce was sublime.

Played well again last night.

I reckon he's turned it around. He played well last week too. Not a moment too soon, either.

great game from bruce & scully

weve turned a page, devastating to loose last night

Edited by dees2010

After that have a look at yourselves and slap yourself in the face twice then add an upper cut.

Bruce collected 30 posessions 80% effectiveness 8 contested posessions 6 tackles. He showed

I'm no bandwagoner of Bruce's but all you flogs calling for his head haven't got a clue.

He was good last night, no doubt about it. IMO, the conditions & the wet weather footy suited him. Other than that, I haven't changed my mind one Iota.

He needs to bring that game the next fine weather game & play attacking footy & stop the hospital passes to his teammates.

He was good last night, no doubt about it. IMO, the conditions & the wet weather footy suited him. Other than that, I haven't changed my mind one Iota.

He needs to bring that game the next fine weather game & play attacking footy & stop the hospital passes to his teammates.

Agree with all that. Bruce was good last night. He needs to keep it up.

Others have improved in these aspects as the Dees overall have shown great improvement especially in growing confidence. Jones for instance.

Bruce was fantastic last night, he made an occasional error here and there (mostly ineffective disposal by hand), but he really did play a brilliant game. Set up numerous attacks from the back, with creative use of hand. He needs to continue this and cut out the missed handballs that he often commits across half back and the wing. Last night showed he still has an important role to play.

Bruce was magnificent. Some of the critical comments about him on this site have been pathetically off the mark, even comparing him unfavourably with Martin! Laughable. He did last night what his defenders have said all along that he can do. Didn't spoil his defensive efforts with poor disposal, either. Bruce and Grimes are important pieces in a very good defence.

Have to admit that I have been critical of his disposal in the past but his last 2 weeks have been much better. Last night he was one of our best... very cool under pressure and set up alot of play. He still managed to give 1 hospital pass to Trengove with the opposition right on his hammer but even that spillage turned to our favour. Overall it was the kind of quality performance I expect from a player with Bruce's ability and experience and I hope he continues this current run of form.

How predictable... ahhh the pain of last night is still raw- now to add insult to injury we once again have these long winded bullcrap harps about how good Bruce was, and all these mythical Bruce head hunters should fall in line and swallow our medicine... It is bloody tiresome mate!!

Morons- Noone has been calling for Bruce's head, also- Bruce threads always originate by those trying to unnecessarilly defend him, always coincidently by some self confessed "non Bruce bandwagoner" [censored] who sits on a fence, and then comes down hard on those who have previously pointed out his floors (which are obvious but not ommitting worthy), with such an un-earned sense of authority and arrogance- it just makes me sick.

Get off your high horse buddy, don't exactly know who your telling to uppercut themselves..

Lots to say about CB's last few years but c'mon he's having a ripper season in the backline.

Beaten every opponent, mostly guys taller than him incl. Travis Cloke. and has allowed the backline to be mobile and move the ball quickly.

Other than Scull was our best fourth quater player

Main problems with Bruce still exist.

1. He hand balls to a player standing still with opposition all over who he is handballing it to as soon as he feel a tackle, Does not seem to be able to pick a free player or a player in a better position.

2. his ball drop whilst kicking is still terrible and causes his kicks to float. Never use to drop it like that.

But he was much better last night.

Main problems with Bruce still exist.

1. He hand balls to a player standing still with opposition all over who he is handballing it to as soon as he feel a tackle, Does not seem to be able to pick a free player or a player in a better position.

2. his ball drop whilst kicking is still terrible and causes his kicks to float. Never use to drop it like that.

But he was much better last night.

His handballing isn't great, but he makes up for that with often good defensive work and strong running to provide an option. His kicking has always been with a high drop, they just used to go through! Grimes has a complete different technique, but is similar in the way he can have off nights.

Fantastic game last night, keep it up Brucey.

Lots to say about CB's last few years but c'mon he's having a ripper season in the backline.

Beaten every opponent, mostly guys taller than him incl. Travis Cloke. and has allowed the backline to be mobile and move the ball quickly.

Other than Scull was our best fourth quater player

Travis Cloke,,,,,Who's that???

His contract may end in October this year, and expect him to be offered a 2 year deal by the end of the year.

Best game I have seen in years! Bruce was sublime.

happy to give bruce another contract but at his age we should only do a year at a time...once players get over 30 it should be a year at a time. i believe the hawks already do this for players over the age of 30.

Having not seen the replay (well, I did, but that was 3am Saturday morning so probably not the most reliable) I thought his last quarter, especially, was fantastic.

I don't care how good Bruce was on Friday, it doesn't make jrod's posts wrong at all.

Everything said in those posts I agree with 100%.

Bruce's time has come, but forunately for him I think there are other players on the list who are more deserving of delisting at season's end.

Have to admit that I have been critical of his disposal in the past but his last 2 weeks have been much better. Last night he was one of our best... very cool under pressure and set up alot of play. He still managed to give 1 hospital pass to Trengove with the opposition right on his hammer but even that spillage turned to our favour. Overall it was the kind of quality performance I expect from a player with Bruce's ability and experience and I hope he continues this current run of form.

"quality performance I expect from a player with Bruce's ability"

When will people get it. He is not a star player but a good honest player who deserves his spot at this point

in the team.

I like Bruce but accept his limitations. He is a better player than Bartram Dunn and a few more.

Can demonlanders just accept he is a good player and when the time comes that he doesn't deserve a game

DB should retire him

happy to give bruce another contract but at his age we should only do a year at a time...once players get over 30 it should be a year at a time. i believe the hawks already do this for players over the age of 30.

Well, go through your MFC list & find 4 senior spots to go, & maybe 3 or 4 vacant rookie spots.

Then tell us who you think may go.

It's getting tougher. But, we need to keep refreshing the list, & churning those on the fringe.

Junior is, 33yr 7mth - DOB, 5 Oct 1976

I'd keep Junior no Q?

I would keep Junior only if he thinks he can go another year... by the way he has played so far I would say he could go a couple more.

The end can come quickly, see Tyson Edwards at the Crows, but Junior has played long enough and well enough to choose when to draw the curtains on his career.

Bruce is going nowhere. Another solid effort, in trying conditions on Friday night. He was the best of our 100 game + brigade.