• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cameron Bruce - enough is enough

It is juat diabolical how bad this guy is.

30 odd useless possessions, smashed in countless one on one contests and even managed to give away a 50 metre penalty.

He is not part of the future,m he is a liabilisty. So why is he even in the team? Someone pleasse tell me what he brings to the table.

Every game that he plays is one less game for McNamare, Watts, Maric, Gsysberts, Strauss etc etc to learn theiur craft at the highest level.

Trengove and Scully must snicker at the fact he is the Vice Captain of the MFC. I pray they ignore him when he tries to give them advice.

And thank God he is out of contract at seasons end. Denmons should let cut him loose as it will free up 500K in the salary cap to sign some real footballers.

Bruce did not play bad , Joel MacDonald played the worst game by a single person in the history of the afl, he cost us about 5 goals from turnover he had no answer to anything, every one of his position ended up in goals, free v wells a half hearted kick out of 50 in the air for a easy mark to north players, he kick the ball straight to north player out of 50 twice that resulted in goals, you are attacking the wrong player, Bruce played well, but people like only see Bruce's game, macdonald single handedly gave the game to the kaggas, i don't knock our players, and i see it the way it is, not with a pre ideas like you, u are a number of dees supporter that only look at Bruce game and you are predictable,so what he gave one 50 meter planty, is that the only thing you can point out in his game,you are boring, just boring u and all the bruce bashers, there was about 12 players today, that played that poor, that are in front of bruce in playing badly. The thing about Bruce he has no muscles, that is why all of his handballs are loopy, he can't help it. and don't worry trengrove and scully would only have respect for there vise captain, if bruce was so bad do you think DB would keep him, DB is not scared to make hard decision and get rid of deadwood

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might watch a replay later in the week and have a second look, but I don't remember at any stage thinking "that was terrible" as I have in the past. There were even a few instances where I thought his delivery was very good.

Watch Scully's possessions closely.

I almost wet myself a few times. The thought of him in a couple of years time...

The way he so cleanly scoops the ball off the ground and fires it to a teammate.

The way he roved a few packs and fired it out to release a running player before you even realized he had the ball in his hands.

It happens so fast you don't really have time to appreciate it.

I've always found his performances look a lot worse when you watch them on tv, but at the match a lot of the questionable moves look reasonable.

He has a serious shortfall when it comes to skills, which drives me nuts at times, but he is a player with limitations that still manages to play an important part.

We are a worse team without him.

m vtodayoss is lughing right now joal mcdonlad was the worst player

Yes it is.

And it is ridiculous indeed.

YM is taking a break for a while.

It's not player bashing - its reality.

The sooner people (including Bailey) realise Bruce is not part of our future the better. His disposable under pressure and not under pressure are deplorable.

Sylvia?!

Yeah sorry but I thought Sylvia was inept. Too much Footy Show from him. Stats anyone? Looked spent after the first 2 minutes after 1 chase..head down socks down wasn't intersted. Not the heart we require!

The only problem with Bruce is disposal.

Yes it's a big problem too.

He gets a mountain of it and has the right idea with getting it on quickly. We now know that certain players in the side are designated kickers and some are to give it off by hand at all times unless there is no other option.

It's plain as day if you look at the stats over the last few weeks that Sylvia and Davey are designated kickers and Bruce is a handballer (to get it in the hands of the kickers.

This is fine in theory except that Bruce is a bad Handball! Terrible kick as well.

He handball's half-volley players so often I have been left with no choice but to laugh now. If they don't do that then they are either loopy or not far enough in front of the running player so the player slows to receive it then is instantly tackled. This stops the passage of play we were developing and the running players that have done the right thing and "peeled off" in front of the ball are caught out on the rebound and more often than not a goal is the direct result.

Either he fixes his disposal or he must become a forward option. If he goes forward and uses his "tank" to run his defenders ragged and create extra space in the Forward line for Sylvia and Green to do there thing, Then there is a spot for him in the side. If not Casey Beckons

30 odd useless possessions, smashed in countless one on one contests and even managed to give away a 50 metre penalty.

He is not part of the future,m he is a liabilisty. So why is he even in the team? Someone pleasse tell me what he brings to the table.

Every game that he plays is one less game for McNamare, Watts, Maric, Gsysberts, Strauss etc etc to learn theiur craft at the highest level.

Trengove and Scully must snicker at the fact he is the Vice Captain of the MFC. I pray they ignore him when he tries to give them advice.

And thank God he is out of contract at seasons end. Denmons should let cut him loose as it will free up 500K in the salary cap to sign some real footballers.

NOW WE KNOW FOR SURE YOU ARE YZE MAGIC. Only a MORON( or YZE MAGIC) would write that tripe.

It's not player bashing - its reality.

The sooner people (including Bailey) realise Bruce is not part of our future the better. His disposable under pressure and not under pressure are deplorable.

I invite you to watch the replay to see how very wrong you are! He was clean and precise with his disposal today. Your football knowledge is surely lacking here.

Bruce was better today than in previous weeks & still deserves his spot in the side at the moment for his running and getting to contests. Having said that he still (and always will) gives that floaty little handball up in the air so that he still has time to protect himself with his arms. Has a light frame so i can understand to an extent, but it then puts the next bloke under more pressure and usually ends in a turnover. Today the worst thing he did was in the 4th qtr 10 mins in and we had just kicked 1 to give us a sniff. Bruce got it 40m out from their goals running across goals and had Sylvia another 5m outside him clear... Sylvia is a goal kicker and had already snapped 1 earlier on his left... Bruce decided to snap at goal himself on his left under pressure and the ball floated barely through for a behind. That is just an example of the poor/expensive decisions he sometimes makes.

Many others were worse today but there is a reason people continue to get frustrated with him.

Edited by big tuna

Fool. Seriously, if you have a brain cell, it's lonely.

Also, he was our best player today.

I agree. Bruce played as well, or better than anyone of our players today. I thought that it was great to see him getting into some form.

Really suprised when I read this thread.

I invite you to watch the replay to see how very wrong you are! He was clean and precise with his disposal today. Your football knowledge is surely lacking here.

I don't need to watch the replay - I was there and also there for the last 5 weeks. I suggest that football knowledge is lacking and invite you to watch the last 6 replays as well as last years too - you've been reading too many Herald Sun features. Bruce may have been serviceable early 2000's but anyone with any football knowledge can see that his past it.

I was there. I saw it close up. Bruce looked like he had concrete gumboots on when it counted. Stats mean naff if you stuff it up regularly. Loose man in defence, no opponent, was the best from him today and enabled him to run off a couple of times. Other than that, if he's not at Casey next week we're treading water with little imagination when it comes to team selection.

Absolute rubbish

I don't need to watch the replay - I was there and also there for the last 5 weeks. I suggest that football knowledge is lacking and invite you to watch the last 6 replays as well as last years too - you've been reading too many Herald Sun features. Bruce may have been serviceable early 2000's but anyone with any football knowledge can see that his past it.

Repeat, watch the replay if you dare. I think you will be disappointed.

Edited by QueenC
Please Stop Shouting

REPEAT, WATCH THE REPLAY IF YOU DARE. I THINK YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED.

No they won't be, because people see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe, irrespective of reality.

In terms of our team performance today, it was Cam Bruce...... daylight.....

The premature head wobble that pretensed this game

has been replaced by slagging of Bruce.

How Cliched

How Unimaginative

How Near Sighted

Supporters need to grow up realise our total lack of committment today across the board is why we lost.

We showed up flat and got spanked. Deservedly.

I just hope that the players didn't start believing their own hype

Like so many fair weathered down hill skiing supporters who thought we could make top four.

Reality is we are developing lets not get ahead of ourselves till we are at least half way

there.

Supporters must really love it when players just rack up possessions. Bruce was mostly playing as a loose man in defense, meaning he had the easiest job in terms of actually getting the ball. He did that successful, which he always does, but his decision making and the fact that more often than not he panics under pressure and sells teammates into pressure, makes his 100 possessions redundant.

Was he one of our best? Not even close. He got a lot of ball playing one of the easiest roles in football, and he used that ball in ways which hardly put our team at an advantage. Anyone care to suggest why North never bothered to man him up, even though he was getting plenty of possessions? I would suggest that it was due to his lack of damaging disposal.

And before everyone jumps on me and calls me a Bruce-basher, IMO the reality of the situation is that Bruce is an average footballer these days and that his end is approaching fast. He has had a remarkable career, starting late and managing to play some very good seasons in his time, but to me he no longer contributes enough to be a walk up start each week. I'd rather Strauss make 10 mistakes a game then watch Bruce handball to teammates under pressure. Clearly the footy department disagrees, and they are the experts, so we move onto next week.

Fool. Seriously, if you have a brain cell, it's lonely.

i don't know if anyone here watched the game, but joal MacDonald needs to go to Casey, he was the worst player on the ground, he turned the ball over that many times it was not funny, i can see why Voss showed him the door, very poor game, i hope it was a once off, but he has played a lot of footy

Far from Cams worst game. Disposal at %70.

However, he continues to avoid physical contact and wont wear a tackle, to free up a man in the process.

He brings our running game to a standstill, leaving team mates flat footed or under pressure

Apart from his running ability, i think he sets a terrible example to the kids.

Scully is light years ahead of him.

Martin continues to look out of his depth.