Jack Trengove

DeeZee

Unbelievable isn't it? I'm concerned now that he's making a name for himself, that it's going to continue his whole career. What's it going to take? An explanation at the brownlow?

It was "Jimmy Bartels" for years by various moronic commentators until he won the Brownlow and suddenly it stopped completely.

Great work JT, first of many for the Red and Blue over the coming seasons.

Another thing - it's great to see he joins 5 other Demons since 2008 to be nominated. Add Scully (definite chance to be nominated this year), maybe McKenzie, and 2 smokies Watts and Gysberts, and that could possibly give us 10 nominations in 3 years - league best?

One thing about JT, actually, 2 things - did you see how much he celebrated Scully's goal on Saturday night? I LOVED IT!!!

The other thing, and more directed at the older generation - Does anyone see the similarity between JT and one EJ Whitten? Now, I know Teddy was one of, if not the greates player to play the game, and don't for one minute think I am getting ahead of myself, but the obvious comparison is kicking style. JT, when kicking from a set shot, has that high arm spread like Teddy had. It's the closest comparison to EJ's style that I have ever seen (in my 30 years). Both are/were bloody strong overhead, and not affraid to lay a hard bump or tackle. JT has this look in his eye that shows his opposition that he's tough, bloody tough...he is 18 years old and has played 5 games. Jack 185cm 82kg, Teddy was 183cm 89kg. Obviously if he turns out half as good as Teddy he will be amazing, but from what I have seen so far, this kid hasn't got any noticable weaknesses that will hold him back. Where will he stop?

Tony Shaw pointed out on the replay.. there was a moment where he ran past to receive a handball and somebody fluffed it and put it out on the ground in front of him, an opponent approached and he had little support close-by.. he knew he would get there first and so he dived and knocked it on (instead of taking possession and probably getting caught), absorbing a blow, knowing it would either go out for a ball-in and hence save the Lions who had players around running it back into their 50, or he would get a free in the back, which is what happened. So in the end he took a turnover situation into his own kick. Just a little clever thing that there is no stat for, and the vast majority don't have the capacity for.

Edited by Curry & Beer

Tony Shaw pointed out on the replay.. there was a moment where he ran past to receive a handball and somebody fluffed it and put it out on the ground in front of him, an opponent approached and he had little support close-by.. he knew he would get there first and so he dived and knocked it on (instead of taking possession and probably getting caught), absorbing a blow, knowing it would either go out for a ball-in and hence save the Lions who had players around running it back into their 50, or he would get a free in the back, which is what happened. So in the end he took a turnover situation into his own kick. Just a little clever thing that there is no stat for, and the vast majority don't have the capacity for.

Great bit of selfless team play! Put his body on the line knowing he would get crunched, got crunched, and came up trumps.

Great work Jack, it would have been one of the toughest decisions in draft history to split these 2 kids(trengove and scully) Scully's time will come. I really believe Jack loves the club already just little signs like his first goal, singing the song and how excited he was when scully kicked his first goal. No doubt these 2 picks 1 and 2 will become very very good mates and want to stay and play with the dee's for the next decade!

Jack's going to be much more consistent than Naitanui, as long as the judges don't get caught up in him Trengove will win.

Although it's more likely they will fall for Naitanui.

Naitanui's stats V Sydney; 2 kicks,3 handballs. Not in the same class as Jack. He's raw, so raw.

... the media will give more recognition to NN than they will to any of our lads for their entire careers

I hoep it stays that way, just leave the boys alone so they can concentrate on the task at hand and not entertain the fat slobs.

Naitanui's stats V Sydney; 2 kicks,3 handballs. Not in the same class as Jack. He's raw, so raw.

Naitanui has never got enough of the football in any level of his football career

Flashes of brilliance blind those who overate him beyond logic

Class is something that cant be taught

Trengove has class and class players become champions

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Naitanui has never got enough of the football in any level of his football career

Flashes of brilliance blind those who overate him beyond logic

Class is something that cant be taught

Trengove has class and class players become champions

I watched the replay today and paid very special attention to young Jack and Tom and they have some great football smarts. They constantly go to where either the space is (if we are going to win it) or where the ball is or will be (if we don't or it is in dispute). And they do it a second before anyone else is aware of it.

You can't teach that and it is a skill NicNat will never have.

As far as I am concerned he can have the Rising Star and the occasional day out and I'll take 50 quality possessions each week between those two. It will look so much better when they are finding Watts and Jurrah a couple or so times a quarter.