Winning the Toss - What would you do

Maybe next year

I think J Mac is a great captain and he leads the way with his tackling. Very rare to see opposition escape his clutches once around them. I have to say I was confused when he decided to kick against the wind in the 1st quarter. I would think it is important to gain momentum early and kick with the wind just in case it changes direction. I assume James wanted to kick with it at the end (risky if there is flooding). In any case, I am interested in what people thought. I think with the amount of control we had in the first 10-15 mins, having the wind behind us may have resulted in 4-5 goals instead of 5 behinds.

Anyway, great win by the boys and I think the balance is good. I look forward to Morton, Sylvia and Jurrah returning soon.

I would always choose to kick with the wind, since even if you want to kick with the wind in the final quarter and kind of run over the top of any team who's beating you, you can't even be sure the wind will be going the same way by then. So yes, it was a strange decision.

There really wasn't an option of with or against the wind. It blew in all sorts of directions, and both side found it hard to kick straight at both ends. I think it would have had more to do with sunlight and/or kicking to the end where all the fans sat in the last quarter.

Or possibly even just picking the end the coaches told him to. You never know.

how much was thewind blowing in a particular direction? it usually swirls around at the g. imo it was blowing across the punt road end goals, not towards them.

The wind was crazy today. Both sets of Flags on the top of the video Boards were blowing hard toward each other!! :)

Generally its better to kick with the wind.

1: Chance for it swinging around or dying later in a game

2: Puts scoreboard pressure on the opposition.

3: Bottle up their forward line in the next qtr.

Downside = Bombing it long and wasting it,

Then in OUR position, We dont have enough power marking fowards to take full advantage.

Then there's the MCG factor, it tends to swirl around at ground level.