• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

ohhh yeah!!

dazzledavey36

you lil beauty so proud of our baby demons well done boys!! also welcome back colin garland :) well done to dean bailey coached well today!

oh and some ppl will eat humble pir after bennells efforts tody ;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you lil beauty so proud of our baby demons well done boys!! also welcome back colin garland :) well done to dean bailey coached well today!

Perfect thread!

There will be a lot of people that will wish they never posted some things they have, and then they expect to come back as if they said nothing!

Well done Bailey, contract extension surely approved by some members now?

Well done Benny, played your guts out!

Well done Junior - I was a doubter, but today was the best game I have seen you play, great leadership.

Well done everyone else, you bloody beauty!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah agree with Bennel he is getting better with everygame looks like a confidents player and when he backs himself he is a good player. Like the games of most today except bruce is far from his best at the moment

Gutsy win today MFC. One of the ugliest games you will ever see but great to run all over the top of them in the last quarter. Who would have thought we could get home with only 1 goal on the board in 1st half.

Great win. Was a good atmosphere at the ground.

Go Dees

Jamar, has become one of the strongest ruckmen in the AFL, Bennell was great, 29 more effective tackles than adelaide, a well deserved win by the boys, plenty to work on in the forward line but endever was fantastic, backline amazing lead by Frawley.

Always love a win!!! Great for confidence etc. In saying that I feel it was a somewhat fortuitous win, as we did get the 'rub of the green' for once re umpiring decisions, and Adelaid took a battering personnel wise.

In essence we stumbled across the line. I am happy that we won and thrilled with some individual performances, but I hate to say if we were up against stronger opposition today we would have been pumped. Very low scoring affair and it is so apparent we lack a permanent strong bodied forward with skill it is not funny.

BASIC SKILL ERRORS UNDER PRESSURE ARE THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUBS DOWNFALL.

BASIC SKILL ERRORS UNDER PRESSURE ARE KILLING US!!! Not only do they create turnovers and opposition scoring opportunities- they also put the clamps on momentum. These are basic errors- handballing out of ideal reach, missing short targets by foot, marking, finding space.. all the basics we plain suck at and today’s win was unglamorously grinded out.

I heard Dennis say something a while ago.. “if it’s not perfection, it comes undone”... so so pertinent... our basic skill errors under pressure are KILLING us... they are basic!! With that out of the way...

- With Green in the forward line we look ALOT better. Problem is this is also true when he's back..

- The Dunn experiment is drawing to a close... I can't see him making it forward... what else can he offer?

- Bennell played a blinder today and deserves alot of applause. I am happy for him making me look the fool!

- Jamar is tapping beautifully and if we let this ruckman go I am going to loose faith in our culture.

- Usual suspects good today, kids good, lack of genuine, full time, big bodied skilled forward obvious.

Overall- happy with a win of course, concerned with SKILL ERRORS UNDER PRESSURE. We need to get this sorted!! I have faith in our kids, and it's going to rock when we become more calm in the heat of the battle. Can't wait till Richmond next week!! Go Dees!!!

Edited by nostradeemus

Great atmosphere at the end, which is something considering at half time the place was flat as a tack.

A win's a win, a good cliche to use here. First half was appalling, second half was encouraging and definite improvement.

To hold Adelaide to 1 goal for the second half is a testament to our hard-working defence. Frawley, Grimes, Warnock, MacDonald, Bruce, Bartram all played their parts today (despite Bruce being beaten a few times early on by Burton). It's a strong platform for us.

Always love a win!!! Great for confidence etc. In saying that I feel it was a somewhat fortuitous win, as we did get the 'rub of the green' for once re umpiring decisions, and Adelaid took a battering personnel wise.

In essence we stumbled across the line. I am happy that we won and thrilled with some individual performances, but I hate to say if we were up against stronger opposition today we would have been pumped. Very low scoring affair and it is so apparent we lack a permanent strong bodied forward with skill it is not funny.

BASIC SKILL ERRORS UNDER PRESSURE ARE THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUBS DOWNFALL.

BASIC SKILL ERRORS UNDER PRESSURE ARE KILLING US!!! Not only do they create turnovers and opposition scoring opportunities- they also put the clamps on momentum. These are basic errors- handballing out of ideal reach, missing short targets by foot, marking, finding space.. all the basics we plain suck at and today’s win was unglamorously grinded out.

I heard Dennis say something a while ago.. “if it’s not perfection, it comes undone”... so so pertinent... our basic skill errors under pressure are KILLING us... they are basic!! With that out of the way...

- With Green in the forward line we look ALOT better. Problem is this is also true when he's back..

- The Dunn experiment is drawing to a close... I can't see him making it forward... what else can he offer?

- Bennell played a blinder today and deserves alot of applause. I am happy for him making me look the fool!

- Jamar is tapping beautifully and if we let this ruckman go I am going to loose faith in our culture.

- Usual suspects good today, kids good, lack of genuine, full time, big bodied skilled forward obvious.

Overall- happy with a win of course, concerned with SKILL ERRORS UNDER PRESSURE. We need to get this sorted!! I have faith in our kids, and it's going to rock when we become more calm in the heat of the battle. Can't wait till Richmond next week!! Go Dees!!!

Mate it is 4 points, it is a win, take it!! How many times in the last 3 years have we been in the Crows position? Too many to count; last week we should have had the win and didn't, thats FOOTY

Go Dees, 2 in a row!!!!

It feels such a long time since being at a game and happy to sing the song!! Go dees!!!

That was the first time I've been at the MCG for a win since Brisbane in '08. I was interstate all last year, so I basically didn't see any Melbourne footy for 12 months, so that win was extra-sweet.

yes great game from Bennell!

About this time last week some 'experts' on football culture we explaining how he needed to be dropped to teach him a lesson...

Apparently this was to prevent him thinking his shirk was ok..

Also something about getting on a high horse claiming he would end up in trouble like sylvia and didak...seriously..

Well do those 'experts' still want him dropped?

Great stiff Benny and go dees!!

Newton? I thoght he played a better game this week, I hope they keep him in for next week. He seems like he will just build on confidence. Bartram was a surprise for me today, he played quite well.

About this time last week some 'experts' on football culture we explaining how he needed to be dropped to teach him a lesson...

And what about those guys saying that by losing heaps you somehow forget how to win.

It was an ugly win, but for a team that haven't won for so long, an ugly win is sometimes the best kind. We had to fight all day, first to get in front, then to maintain our lead, and we did it.

Adelaide were battered and bruised, but they are a good team. Their midfield was nearly at full force, and yet we SMASHED, that's right, SMASHED them in the clearances. I'm sorry, say what, Melbourne dominating clearances 2 weeks in a row?! :o

When half the players are standing inside the circle singing the song, because they are yet to experience a win, you understand how important the victory was. It's amazing how this young team is so reliant on confidence, and there is no doubt they'll take so much out of this.

Brilliant day, capped off with the sort of mind-blowingly brilliant performances of young stars like Frawley, Grimes, Trengove and Bail.

The future is so bright! :)

Great win (and I tipped it!), but nostradeemus makes some good points.

A calm analysis will show still too many wrong handballs (and consequent turnovers), we do need a second ruckman (even though Jamar is great), we must keep one or two players in the forward 50 at all times (a player must never look up and see nothing to go to) and we must not be afraid to kick to a one-on-one contest. When we kick the ball instinctively rather than handball we look really good - handball has its place but it is second to kicking.

These are all coaching issues - one could also ask why Maric was allowed to repel so many of our attacks in the last quarter.

I am rapt in the performance of our players, but the coaching remains a big issue.

Regardless, this win is the start of something big - time for others to be afraid, very afraid!