We're back ..... for now

Demonland

Cheers Andy for your efforts and kind service.

By moving to a new host, do we lose the rich (and not so rich) posting history of Demonland like we did when we moved from Aimoo?

I don't believe so. All the files and data will be moved across from one computer/server or another. Hopefully there will be minimum disruption. Unfortunately when you change the server it sometimes can take up to 72 hours until the change reaches all the ISPs around the world. I will let people know before we make the move that we might appear to be down for the next couple of days.

I don't believe so. All the files and data will be moved across from one computer/server or another. Hopefully there will be minimum disruption. Unfortunately when you change the server it sometimes can take up to 72 hours until the change reaches all the ISPs around the world. I will let people know before we make the move that we might appear to be down for the next couple of days.

hey, andy, demonology is there for you guys... :rolleyes:

if it is just a money problem in the future, please send me a pm on here and we will get it sorted...

love this site and appreciate your time and efort... :wub:

regards,

rollo

What's the annual cost of running this board? Whatever it is,divide it by the number of users and those who don't pay,don't use.We have enough users already.

Failing that,i'm sure Kapersky and Hankook would send some coin our way for a couple of banner ads or even some of our bosses could sponsor us in exchange for a small ad.

Advertising isn't ideal, but it's either advertiser pays or user pays.

Glad I read this thread through to the end. For a moment there I was wondering how I was going to fill a massive void in my life...

I seriously don't know what I'd do without Demonland. So I thank those who donate to this site. And I thank Demonland, Nasher, and anyone and everyone else who kept this site going.

You guys are fantastic in what you do for the club and us devotees. This site means so much to many people in more ways than you know. Please keep up the good work, it leaves a big hole when you're not around!

top post jackattack!

i'd like to echo everyone elses sentiments and say that it would be a very sad day if demonland went under. unless of course you were a member of talking carlton, then you would be celebrating the chance to win a forum footy match again!

top effort everyone on here, especially Bruce G and your company!

top post jackattack!

i'd like to echo everyone elses sentiments and say that it would be a very sad day if demonland went under. unless of course you were a member of talking carlton, then you would be celebrating the chance to win a forum footy match again!

top effort everyone on here, especially Bruce G and your company!

Thanks for the nice words, Deanox. But, I can't take the credit. Didn't receive the Royal Nod on this occasion. Seems someone else has has kindly stepped into the breach. So, I'll just wait in the wings and be ready to help if the need arises again.

Just looking forward to a few great seasons from the Mighty Dees!

Cheers!

Thanks for the nice words, Deanox. But, I can't take the credit. Didn't receive the Royal Nod on this occasion. Seems someone else has has kindly stepped into the breach. So, I'll just wait in the wings and be ready to help if the need arises again.

Just looking forward to a few great seasons from the Mighty Dees!

Cheers!

Didn't mean to snub you. :)

The offer is greatly appreciated. A mate of mine has given me an offer that was too good to refuse. I hope you understand.

Was there a reason my post was deleted? Mods getting in the habit of deleting members posts without so much as an explanation these days?

I'll say it again.

If it weren't for 'land and 'ology there would be little or no useful news for those of us living overseas. And when MFC supporters can't support their membership groups, you know there's a big problem. This is one of the few public places I feel like frequenting to talk footy, even when I'm at home. And as a direct result of 'land, I feel 1000% more a part of the club than at any other time in my life.

I cringe at the thought it's not permanent, as I worry that other wayward MFC fans may not know to come here, and may fall by the wayside. Lord knows we need every one we can get!

Was there a reason my post was deleted? Mods getting in the habit of deleting members posts without so much as an explanation these days?

You sure you didn't imagine posting it? There's nothing in "trash can" (where all deleted posts go). The most recent deleted post was from about 4 days ago.

Didn't mean to snub you. :)

The offer is greatly appreciated. A mate of mine has given me an offer that was too good to refuse. I hope you understand.

No problem, Andy. Just glad you got it sorted.

You sure you didn't imagine posting it? There's nothing in "trash can" (where all deleted posts go). The most recent deleted post was from about 4 days ago.

Ta for that.

I reckon it may have been a browser issue. This connection I'm on regularly is temperamental.

Good luck with the new hosting, and for the love of God, keep us up to date.