Rumblings At Melbourne?

Jerry Lundergard

Not sure if anyone else caught this, but when Greg Denham(The Australian) was talking to KB on his SEN show on Friday morning and the Demons were brought up, Denham stated that "we will talk about Melbourne next week, there are a few rumblings going on there" or something to that effect.

Anyone know what he may have been referring to?

Not sure if anyone else caught this, but when Greg Denham(The Australian) was talking to KB on his SEN show on Friday morning and the Demons were brought up, Denham stated that "we will talk about Melbourne next week, there are a few rumblings going on there" or something to that effect.

Anyone know what he may have been referring to?

Heard the same thing but have no clue on the subject

Tuning in to KB on monday to listen to what Denham has to say

Some of the posts in this thread have been removed because the line of discussion has led to an instance of personal abuse which offends against our Code of Conduct.

I very rarely intervene in this manner but want to make it very clear that this forum is about discussion about the club. If you want to abuse others for having different views to your own, you might have to consider going elsewhere.

Thank You.

Rumblings are not necessarily a bad thing. Greg Denham has been pretty bullish about us for the last twelve months or so. It may well be that he merely wants to spruik about us having a real crack from now on.

So far he's said nothing about Melbourne. Will keep listening till he leaves, a bit annoyed though that he say, "rumblings at Melbourne tune in next week for more".

What a load, he had nothing! He just said, "oh no i was just thinking out loud about possible developments for next year". Apparently he reckons that Cuddles Connolly might want to coach again and Dean Baily will have to improve a lot next year to get an extension (no sh!t Sherlock!). What a joke, i reckon he might've heard a rumour and then found out it was BS so he trying to cover his ass.

What a load, he had nothing! He just said, "oh no i was just thinking out loud about possible developments for next year". Apparently he reckons that Cuddles Connolly might want to coach again and Dean Baily will have to improve a lot next year to get an extension (no sh!t Sherlock!). What a joke, i reckon he might've heard a rumour and then found out it was BS so he trying to cover his ass.

Yes it was. Don't know if you heard me Pates. Was the second last caller prior to 10 o'clock news. I basically said, "Greg, last week you said for listeners to stay tuned, for their is rumblings coming out of Melbourne, yet this week you come out and say that is simply what you're thinking", to which he repied to KB and listeners, "Yes, it's just me thinking out loud, that if Melbourne don't get off well early in the season....blah, blah, blah, Chris Connolly, bla bla,...Sean Wellman, bla, bla...Garry Lyon....bla."

It's just hogwash.

Yes it was. Don't know if you heard me Pates. Was the second last caller prior to 10 o'clock news. I basically said, "Greg, last week you said for listeners to stay tuned, for their is rumblings coming out of Melbourne, yet this week you come out and say that is simply what you're thinking", to which he repied to KB and listeners, "Yes, it's just me thinking out loud, that if Melbourne don't get off well early in the season....blah, blah, blah, Chris Connolly, bla bla,...Sean Wellman, bla, bla...Garry Lyon....bla."

It's just hogwash.

Yep i did hear you, and you said pretty much exactly what i was thinking.

Greg Denham = W@NKER!!!

that was some of the worst radio i have ever heard from a sports reporter, but i think he knows more than what he is leading on

He may know more. He may be protecting a source for all we know, he should fess up. However, when he stated last week, to listen in next week, that there are some rumblings or drums beating down at Melbourne and that he will have something for KB, then not fess-up the way he intended and spruik "his thoughts" is nothing short of p!ssweak.

No substance. No smoke.

PS. He is stating the obvious if we get off to a bad start in 2010, anyway. Blind freddy could tell you that Bailey might find some heat on him if that transpires.

Edited by High Tower

I do worry about people that listen to SEN expecting to be informed.

Its sooo content light that I am surprised it has not floated away.

I don't know why you should worry about listeners to SEN. It shouldn't necessarily be a concern to you. Thought you would have better fish to fry.

I saw this thread last week, and after seeing Pates post earlier today, I thought I would tune in to see if GD had anything of interest regarding our club. If you don't like news regarding the concerns of our club, I'm sorry I can't help you there. I do like news re: our club, as do others.

Edited by High Tower

I don't know why you should worry about listeners to SEN. It shouldn't necessarily be a concern to you. Thought you would have better fish to fry.

I saw this thread last week, and after seeing Pates post earlier today, I thought I would tune in to see if GD had anything of interest regarding our club. If you don't like news regarding the concerns of our club, I'm sorry I can't help you there. I do like news re: our club, as do others.

Well they routinely post on here and comment on how information free the interviews on SEN. No kiddding.

But you keep listening because you never know when they might say something informative. Dont hold your breath though. :)

Greg Denham = W@NKER!!!

that was some of the worst radio i have ever heard from a sports reporter, but i think he knows more than what he is leading on

promo "Denim & Lace" - that's revenge enough!

KB, Fatprick and Denham - "when I am king ..."

Edited by old55

promo "Denim & Lace" - that's revenge enough!

KB, Fatprick and Denham - "when I am king ..."

KB and Patrick Smith were very close to coming to blows yesterdat! It was Great Radio. No opne is ever allowed to disagree with the great KB...!

KB reminds me of Ned Flanders, which is why listening to him at the moment talk about Woods,T. is Hilarious!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

KB and Patrick Smith were very close to coming to blows yesterdat! It was Great Radio. No opne is ever allowed to disagree with the great KB...!

KB reminds me of Ned Flanders, which is why listening to him at the moment talk about Woods,T. is Hilarious!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Has anyone ever heard KB say he was wrong, on anything.

KB annoys the hells out of me... Never wrong on anything, and infuriating to listen to. He has a knack of not understanding simple arguments that are being made to him and then blindly repeating his own inane argument over and over. FRIGGIN annoying old fart.

My favourite moment listening to his show, was when KB was going off about how Gary Ablett Snr should be voted in to the hall of fame, because time heals old wounds, referring to Ablett's involvement in the death of Alysia Horan (I think that was her name) and saying it should not affect his selection in hall of fame, because time had passed. People were ringing in and arguing that unless Ablett publicly apologised or displayed remorse for being involved in the illicit drug scene and his presence in Horan's room when she overdosed, that he shouldn't be selected. KB kept going on and on and on about time healing these wounds and people don't have to apologise. Anyway some genius rang in and asked why if time heals wounds had KB not been involved with the Richmond footy club since they sacked him in the early 90s.... KB was speechless it was GOLD....

Selfish on the field.

Self serving off it.

Cant think of a better person to be Richmond's highest game holder.

Finished his coaching career with Richmond in the most appropriate and traditional Tigers way.....with the boot!

Another issue with SEN.