Just a thought

Demon_Tingles

Seeming a lot of people on here want Patrick or Grimes and since we are a long way under out Player Payments can we afford to delist Juice and Meesen and pick up Patrick and Grimes as rookies. We can pay out Messen and Juice and because Grimes and Patrick are rookies we do not have to pay them much. For memory its about $60,000 ?

Seeming a lot of people on here want Patrick or Grimes and since we are a long way under out Player Payments can we afford to delist Juice and Meesen and pick up Patrick and Grimes as rookies. We can pay out Messen and Juice and because Grimes and Patrick are rookies we do not have to pay them much. For memory its about $60,000 ?

Patrick is not good enough and Grimes is hardly worth paying out contracts to get. Move on

[censored]..... patrick aint good enough..... you base that on what? the highlights i saw with this bloke got me excited enough to jizz my pants.. your pretty much saying you would rather keep newton on the list.. AGAIN! him and jurrah running around would make me cry in happyiness.

[censored]..... patrick aint good enough..... you base that on what? the highlights i saw with this bloke got me excited enough to jizz my pants.. your pretty much saying you would rather keep newton on the list.. AGAIN! him and jurrah running around would make me cry in happyiness.

Exactly Howie I would rather some unproven and untapped talent than newton who has shown he is not interessted and not good enough.

Ill back you up [censored]!

Did you go to the Draft night function? The club dont think he is good enough, Connolly said so himself. He said he is nowhere near as good as the hype surrounding him, and is nothing compared to Jurrah. So I reckon thats what he is basing it on.

What are you basing the fact that he is 'jizz in your pants' worthy? Highlights? They are exactly that, highlights. The best bits. He has played a lot more footy than 4 minutes of youtube footage, which the recruiting staff would no doubt have seen.

Ill back you up [censored]!

Did you go to the Draft night function? The club dont think he is good enough, Connolly said so himself. He said he is nowhere near as good as the hype surrounding him, and is nothing compared to Jurrah. So I reckon thats what he is basing it on.

What are you basing the fact that he is 'jizz in your pants' worthy? Highlights? They are exactly that, highlights. The best bits. He has played a lot more footy than 4 minutes of youtube footage, which the recruiting staff would no doubt have seen.

12 months ago Lewis Jetta wasn't good enough either. I'd pay Newton out for Patrick in an instant. Give the guy 2 years and who knows? Give Newton 2 years and he would of been out of the AFL for 1 year.

12 months ago Lewis Jetta wasn't good enough either. I'd pay Newton out for Patrick in an instant. Give the guy 2 years and who knows? Give Newton 2 years and he would of been out of the AFL for 1 year.

He was good enough, and we dread not taking him. They very strongly considered it with a late pick.

He was good enough, and we dread not taking him. They very strongly considered it with a late pick.

Sure they considered him but clearly they didn't believe he was good enough or he would of been picked.

Put it this way, Would you swap Patrick for Newton?

I would prefer Majik Daw over both these blokes this bloke has some serious raw talent..... but i agree on 2 fronts

1 - i would love to get rid of newton he is a complete waste of space on our list

2 - i agree that we should not be known that we brake player contracts its not right!!

We need to uphold a strong club culture by honoring our word and retaining Meesen and Newton.

I would prefer someone fresh and new, but our word is our bond and if we are to attract future players then we need to be viewed as a reliable club when it comes to player treatment and negotiations.

All we can really hope for is another team to pick them up in the PSD or the Gold Coast takes one of them in the rookie draft which is very very doubtful and more just hope!

- Meesen is a possibilty to Hawthorn. They will consider Cloke more likely though I would think.

- Newton I just dont know who would consider him. Hopefully something stupid might happen and Richmond take him. Ha Ha! I could only hope!

Great points...

No there not. You could say that about any player that didn't get drafted.

Everyone here is getting caught up with the hype of getting new players on the list.

The draft was weak. Probably the weakest its ever been. And these guys got overlooked.

What does that tell you?

I have been very surprised this year about how many posters on here got excited about Patricks highlights.

He would need a lot of work.

Everyone here is getting caught up with the hype of getting new players on the list.

The draft was weak. Probably the weakest its ever been. And these guys got overlooked.

What does that tell you?

I have been very surprised this year about how many posters on here got excited about Patricks highlights.

He would need a lot of work.

The other thing is the recruiters did not see Lewis Jetta play last year they were only alerted to his ability by his Granny who suggested they look at him, I believe this happened as they were leaving to come back to Melbourne. The Club have seen Patrick and are not keen so we should accept their judgement.

The other thing is the recruiters did not see Lewis Jetta play last year they were only alerted to his ability by his Granny who suggested they look at him, I believe this happened as they were leaving to come back to Melbourne. The Club have seen Patrick and are not keen so we should accept their judgement.

Yeah, exactly. BP was alerted to his talent by the word of Jetta's relatives only.

He did not have time to watch him play and consequently would've been derelict in his duty to risk picking a player sight unseen.

I happen to agree that Liam Patrick is/was not good enough and if you go back through my posts I think you'll find that.

Shame, but true.

Edit: to clarify, is/was not good enough... compared to what else was one offer at any of our picks.

Could still be something, but won't be close to Jurrah's standing.

Edited by Keyser Söze

What does that tell you?

95 % of the players from the National Draft have not played a game. To say the draft is the weakest ever is a ridiculous statement.

Dazzler, I love your work usually. But I think you may have gotten a bit prematurely excited here.

The guy was playing ruck at 185cm. What does that say about teh quality of the competition in the footage we see? I know of a WHOOOOLE lot of players who had the skills to make it at AFL level, who can do more amazing things with a footy in their sleep than 90% of the guys currently listed. Simple fact is, though, that it's not enough.

He may be good, but I don't think there's any proof anywhere to suggest he's more capable than either Newton or Meesen. Meesen has had injury after injury (and showed a bit) and Newton has all the gifts, just none of the desire. That doesn't mean Patrick will out-do both of them in those stakes. If he WERE that good, he'd have been sounded out by more people. Even the INCREDIBLY lucky pickup of Jurrah was based partly on the fact the Pies took him under their wing ages ago. The Dons inviting Patrick to Melbourne was not the same thing.

Dazzler, I love your work usually. But I think you may have gotten a bit prematurely excited here.

The guy was playing ruck at 185cm. What does that say about teh quality of the competition in the footage we see? I know of a WHOOOOLE lot of players who had the skills to make it at AFL level, who can do more amazing things with a footy in their sleep than 90% of the guys currently listed. Simple fact is, though, that it's not enough.

He may be good, but I don't think there's any proof anywhere to suggest he's more capable than either Newton or Meesen. Meesen has had injury after injury (and showed a bit) and Newton has all the gifts, just none of the desire. That doesn't mean Patrick will out-do both of them in those stakes. If he WERE that good, he'd have been sounded out by more people. Even the INCREDIBLY lucky pickup of Jurrah was based partly on the fact the Pies took him under their wing ages ago. The Dons inviting Patrick to Melbourne was not the same thing.

Well stated Dappa- furthermore some players mature/ develop differently- talls do not seem to reach their peak until they are around 25/27. Therefore both need time. Furthermore Essendon flew Patrick down for an interview, didn't turn out fruitful. Actually it could be a major distraction to Jurrah,unsettle him if Patrick could not either cut the mustard or handle city life.- therefore not concentrating on own development instead of trying to help a relation.Let's bed down what we have got know. Their is ample skill and ability let's develop it.

Edited by jayceebee31