How many wins will we have next year and who will we beat?

45HG

How many wins will we have next year?  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

when i go through it like that i actually end up with several more wins than i thought originally... am i dreamin'? Our fixture is pretty darn good I reckon

im tipping a huge % of win for the rd12 clash on this poll!

there's a problem with the poll though - it demands an option for the last 2 rounds bit, if you dont tick either of the boxes it refuses to count your vote

Edited by Curry & Beer

I've gone for:

Richmond (G)

North Melbourne (ES)

West Coast (G)

Collingwood (G) (This one was purely sentimental)

Essendon (G) (Maybe this one too)

Sydney (G)

Richmond (G)

North Melbourne (G) (Final Round)

I'm sure that there could be a few extra surprise wins also so I've gone for 7-8 wins for the season.

Gippy

Yeah, the poll only lets you have 20 options, so unfortunately I split it that way - probably should have cut the season in half in hindsight.

I ended up with less than I thought: 7-8. Richmond, Bris, North, West Coast, Essendon, Sydney, Richmond, North with Collingwood as a hopeful.

I think we'll finish above North, Sydney, Richmond and Freo.

I didnt pick the sqawkers in one.. but still managed 10.. aww ok I picked us agaisnt the filth both times..lol.. not without possibility though I dont rate them much.

I agree Hawks will rebound from Hangover.. but wont wipe us either

Almost 1/3 of us think we'll beat the Hawks in round one - interesting.

I see them rising again next year

Agree. I would not underestimate the Hawks if they get their best fit in 2010.

As always a lot depends on injuries/form/momentum - but I could see us having a big finish to the year.

Conversely we have a young list and I can easily see the Class of 2007 to 2009 tiring by round 17-18. I have tempered my optimism somewhat and had us at 8 wins.

Tigers and Roos twice, Sydney, Freo, WCE and Port.

Will be interesting to see if the added investment into our fd, esp wrt fitness will provide dividends in more players seeing ot the season with legs I wont even dare mention the 'i' word but that will play its part as usual. I think 9-10....with almost 8 at worst for next season.

There are always a few upsets. I don't think we'll make finals, and I think 10th would be the best possible result, but we should win a few more than we have the past few years.

I'm going to suggest 6-7 wins. We'll improve, but the fact that we've only beaten interstate sides at the 'G' plus Richmond in the past two years shows that we've got a long way to go.

Scully, Trengrove and other recruits will add a bit, but they won't win us too many games yet.

Looking at the fixture, 8 seems about right.

Great poll.

I had us winning 10 games, maybe a bit hopeful, and picked that we would finish above 6 teams, meaning we will finish 10th. If we win 10 games, we will go close to finishing in tenth spot.

This poll works well if you are realistic!!!

I had 10 wins in a best case scenario.

I really would rather wait to see Rd 1 before extrapolating, but that is fence sitting.

I picked us over Ess and Carl...

A chance?

I come up with 10 as best case... 8-9 probably more realistic.. but its a very sage point you offer about the first round. Until we see some NAB action and see that first fair dinkum round we wont really know where we are at.

I dont think its at all impossible to beat either or both of Ess and Carlton.. In fact on our day we WILL surprise anyone that takes us as a given.

So many games can come down to goals if not points and just depends which side of the gate we find ourselves on those occasions.

I definitely think we can give the Filth a run. North will roo their games with us . Toiges will be fun :)

Some how we can often lift in recent seasons for games against the top teams.

West Coast at the G ought to be ours.

If we can put some solid winning quarters together early enough we can build into some good wins.

Port at Darwin might be more successful than Port at AAMI.

still.. ?? :lol:

Edited by belzebub59

I think we will all be very surprised with how many wins we will have in 2010.

In 2008 we had many thumping losses, in 2009 we still lost games but we had VERY FEW blow outs and a few games were just lost. i recall watching the game against the dogs, we were quite impressive and disappointing to lose by the 2 goals. And the Geelong game (you know where ablett kicked the goal in the first 2 seconds), even though we lost by 40 odd, the boys looked like they were working well. Just my thoughts..

I think 7-10 games look likely, I'm hoping 10, that way we can play finals..

• 3 weeks later...

I had us at 9 wins... so ticked off the 9-10 wins option.

I did go the sentimental and pick us to do over the Pies on QB. This is mainly cos I plan to be there.

I can see us beating all those we did last year so should have added WCE at the G but put the pies in instead.

I think as long as we all see improvement and get a few more wins on the board we will happy with 2010 and go into 2011 with a lot more confidence we can make an impact on the finals then.

I cant wait. There is around 103 days to go till round 1.