• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ball no longer a Saint, confirmed.

Redleg

Thought I would be the first to say it.

The conjecture has been going on for a few weeks now and all of the media reports, especially a few this weekend have him staying at St.Kilda. The fact that Maguire has just been delisted on 99 games ( no possible father/son pick there) to possibly make salary cap room, heightens that view. Goose is a pretty popular guy at St.Kilda and that would cause some distress among his mates. Nevertheless, quotes are coming out from various sources that Ball does not want to play with the wooden spooner. I would have thought that if he was even considering us there would be a different spin in the articles.

In my opinion Ball is considering the Saints offer and also investigating if there is any way he can get to the Pies without being taken by an interstate or bottom side first.

I think we will see an announcement that he is staying put by the end of the week.

We can then look at who else is available. Must add that if I am correct, I won't lose one second's sleep over it.

Edited by Redleg
title.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the point of this post was so you could say it first?

No, the point of the post was to give reasons why I don't think he will be joining us and like all threads on Demonland to promote discussion among Demonlanders.

We can then look at who else is available. Must add that if I am correct, I won't lose one second's sleep over it.

Press "Edit" / Full edit, then edit to your hearts content.

oops...Nasher..well done.

Edited by High Tower

Sure odds seem against a Ball to Demon outcome......

But the fat lady has not sung yet. There is still some chance, more chance than most consider.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've still got the infamous Presentation (Powerpoint) to roll out for him, don't we ?

And lets not forget the impasssioned plea from Bruce and the leadership group.

And Hangon007 has his Think Tank initiative - we are pretty much all baking.

I made chocolate brownies.

And someone is bringing The Goonies.

well..i'll be glad to see this little saga put to bed. Like yourself red I wont lose any sleep. It might have been a handy pickup but certainly not worth any fawning and guffawing by the club.

If his thinking is truly centred on the notion of "wooden spooners" etc and any such idea of becoming contaminated by association then he is both ill-conceptually conceited and lacking of any real self respect. So why should we in return ?

We wont be spooning in any form next year of for some time. We ARE in a group of teams as the next 'likely's".

Seems he covets false idols...and he's welcome to it should he choose that route.

Its all a bit deja vu.. isnt it..lol. Some will no doubt start bleating about why is it no one wants to come to Melbourne...why do they leave..oh woe.. ...going to cry now and eat worms !!

The truth is some do want to come to Melbourne, those with any vision and sense of opportunity would.

Collingwood wont contest a Granny for some time, they are delusional if they think they will without an injection of the 3-4 real players that they need. St Kilda may yet again prove themselves the candle that burned too bright only to disappear for another 10-12 years.

So Ball doesnt like the idea of the spotlight at Melbourne...maybe he doesnt think hes up to it... and maybe thats the real truth of the matter, he isnt.

At first i really liked the idea of him coming across. He had some big raps...was for intents a man of fortitude and principle. One can only think that should he go back tail between his legs to StKilda or continue to seek the mirage of Collingwood that he is neither. In short...not the Mesiah....just a very naughty boy !!

Luke.. we dont want anyone who doesnt want to play for this jumper, nor anyone that considers us but wooden spooners. Still..you do come from a club without the benefit of our heritage and pride.

So roll on 2010 and onwards and more power to those that want to define the journey forwards :)

I really think we as supporters should turn our attention to who is next cab off the rank for the PSD as it seems certain he wont be a demon (his loss) according to all recent media sources. They generally dont all get it wrong.

So who will it be? Joel Mcdonald? Smith?

I really think we as supporters should turn our attention to who is next cab off the rank for the PSD as it seems certain he wont be a demon (his loss) according to all recent media sources. They generally dont all get it wrong.

So who will it be? Joel Mcdonald? Smith?

Smith has loads of talent but is injury prone. If he was ok he would be a great pick up in the PSD.

Oh, you can be very droll...

I blame Microsoft.

Bloody Powerpoint.

We did a presentation last week using powerpoint and I swear there was one blind open in the room and you couldn't see what was being shown on the projector.

Maybe that's what happened with us, Judd and co. were just too polite to tell us they couldn't see any of it.

I am looking forward to winning the premiership in 2013 with a team entirely built from draft picks. Bailey can get up on the stage and shout "Chris Judd, Robbie Warnock, Luke Ball ... YOU WERE WRONG!"

Edited by Maurie Lithen

I am looking forward to winning the premiership in 2013 with a team entirely built from draft picks. Bailey can get up on the stage and shout "Chris Judd, Robbie Warnock, Luke Ball ... YOU WERE WRONG!"

ya know...I wouldnt even bother giving them any form of recognition...not one iota !! They're not worthy of it.. ;)

We did a presentation last week using powerpoint and I swear there was one blind open in the room and you couldn't see what was being shown on the projector.

Maybe that's what happened with us, Judd and co. were just too polite to tell us they couldn't see any of it.

umm...thats not a fault of power point...just your equipment !! :rolleyes:

Happened many a time when I was at uni.....geez, so long ago :unsure::lol: .

Bloody sunlight..... <_<

Judd & Warnock would have had their eyes on the prize........VISY that is.