• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

DRAFT NIGHT!!!

Dee tention

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Stevens of the HUN considers the first 6 picks now a lock and then the following 3 likelys:

1 Jack Trengove Melb

2 Tom Scully Melb

3 Dustin Martin Rich

4 Anthony Morabito Freo

5 Ben Cunnington North

6 Gary Rohan Syd

7 Lewis Jetta "West Coast is almost certain to follow Fremantle's lead and go local ... Sources say Jetta may have the edge in the three-way fight to stay close to home."

8 John Butcher "The mail suggests Port wants a key forward and a midfielder. Expect it to take Gippsland's John Butcher, regarded as the brightest key-position prospect, "

9 Jake Melksham "Port would then top up its midfield with Calder Cannon Jake Melsham"

I take most of these draft predictions with a grain of salt but this one doesn't sound too far fetched.

Mitch Thorp is to train with us from monday. If he is chosen to be our PSD 1 pick then that could change our thinking at 11, 18 or 34. Personally I would go KPP for the three with a Ruck/forward as one of them.

I would let BP trust his eye on each pick.

But with Affirmative Action for taller players...

I would have traded Jamar to get us an earlier pick!!!

Why, just to complete the hatrick of White Deciples who went on to better things at other clubs? Starting the season with no real option in the ruck would have been madness, plus his end of the season was STRONG, damn strong. This will be his year, mark my words

Yeah, you're right - we should have traded Davey, Newton, Jamar and Brad Green for pick 8, 2 farmer's union iced coffees and a box of cheezels.

Hey! Nothing's wrong with a farmer's union iced coffee! ;)

Especially x 2 of them...

Why, just to complete the hatrick of White Deciples who went on to better things at other clubs? Starting the season with no real option in the ruck would have been madness, plus his end of the season was STRONG, damn strong. This will be his year, mark my words

Well I hope your right!

Jamars end to the the season is something we have been waiting for a long long time! I thought a top 10 pick would have been worth the trade. Actually I think anypick upto 15 would have been tradable after looking at the draft pool again.

I think we pick up a prospect ruckman like Daw etc with Pick 34.

Spencer, Johnson and Martin to play ruck. Meesen I would possibly delist.

Picks 1,2,9,11,18 and 34 would have been brilliant!

But hey! I am hapy with what we have got and Jamar! Nothing against the guy but I thought his currency was high for a player who has showed so little.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/in...7247793126.html

Carlisle and Griffith both have injury concerms I wonder if clubs will take a punt on whether to select them early or not.

1. Sculley

2. Trengove

3. Tapscott or Melksham or Lucas

4. Any of the ones still left at three or Black or Panos or Carlisle

5. Any of the ones still left at four or Dylan Grimes or Ryan Bastinac

PSD ? Attitude Thorp - Ball if he only nominates for the PSD.

Been watching some highlights on the AFL site and so far my favourites are

1. Callum Bartlett

2. Kane Lucas

3. Daniel Talia

4. Levi Casboult

5. Myles Pitt

6. Tom Scully

7. Jack Trengove

8. Ben Cunnington

I know our first 2 picks are locked but if we pick up any of the others with our next 3 picks I'll be happy.

Been watching some highlights on the AFL site and so far my favourites are

1. Callum Bartlett

2. Kane Lucas

3. Daniel Talia

4. Levi Casboult

5. Myles Pitt

6. Tom Scully

7. Jack Trengove

8. Ben Cunnington

I know our first 2 picks are locked but if we pick up any of the others with our next 3 picks I'll be happy.

Great list..... hadn't heard of Callum Bartlett before but he looks sensational

Given our need for talls ,the one who really interests me is Levi Casboult - big boy with very strong hands

Guest hangon007

I want to change my selections ... more information has come to hand.

1. Scully

2. Trengove

11a/ Butcher or

11b/ Rohan, Tapscott, Melksham or best available mid

11c/ Luke Ball

11d/ Vardy, Black, Taylor, Talia, Panos, Moore, Carlisle

18./ Luke Ball

18b/ Vardy, Black, Taylor, Talia, Panos, Moore, Carlisle

Pick 34 & now 50. depends heavily on whats we do with pick 11 & 18 or what we are getting with PSD 1

34/ Bastinac, Bartlett. MacDonald

34b/ Best available ... I do have a slight preference for a tall

50/ Thorp

50b/ Best available ... I super flexible here I must just pass if their is nothing I want

PSD1. Ball, MacDonald or Thorp or if all are already drafted ... my "once" rookie pick

Rookies - Meeson & Newton ... but again I'm prepared to be flexible

I just have this feeling I'm going to have a great draft day.

I want to change my selections ... more information has come to hand.

1. Scully

2. Trengove

11a/ Butcher or

11b/ Rohan, Tapscott, Melksham or best available mid

11c/ Luke Ball

11d/ Vardy, Black, Taylor, Talia, Panos, Moore, Carlisle

18./ Luke Ball

18b/ Vardy, Black, Taylor, Talia, Panos, Moore, Carlisle

Pick 34 & now 50. depends heavily on whats we do with pick 11 & 18 or what we are getting with PSD 1

34/ Bastinac, Bartlett. MacDonald

34b/ Best available ... I do have a slight preference for a tall

50/ Thorp

50b/ Best available ... I super flexible here I must just pass if their is nothing I want

PSD1. Ball, MacDonald or Thorp or if all are already drafted ... my "once" rookie pick

Rookies - Meeson & Newton ... but again I'm prepared to be flexible

I just have this feeling I'm going to have a great draft day.

I wonder if the club have their selections set in stone and just sit there and say "[censored] what do we do now that our pick 11 is gone?"

Times up next club.

Guest hangon007
I wonder if the club have their selections set in stone and just sit there and say "[censored] what do we do now that our pick 11 is gone?"

Times up next club.

Thats what they might do down at Tigerland ... but I'm 100% convinced we are more professional than that. ;)

ah well..a bit of fun

1. Trengove

2. Scully

11. Black/Talia/Carlisle/Vardy ( best of still avail )

18. Vardy or if gone then Daw.. yes..very speculative I know, but ive been an admirer of him from the start and see no reason to jump ship. Hes come right in with a wet sail and cant see him being there at 34 as The Doggies (@ 31 ) or Nth ( @ 25 ) will snare him. Raw is Daw but we'd be silly not to consider his potential ( like Patrick )

34. Daw if still there or Dylan Grimes

50. Liam Patrick

PSD1. Thorp

the thing to keep in mind ( Im sure we all are) is that many of our preferred choices to suit particular needs etc just wont be there. Hence im leaning a little on the speculative side after pick 11. we HAVE quite a few guys yet to hit the paddock for all intents and purposes so we might have a little time up our sleeves to develop a couple of the more left-field selections.

Edited by belzebub59

Now that so far as I can tell we have finalised our list ahead of the upcoming draft and it being 2 weeks away

I thought it poignant to look at who i think MFC is going to draft and why.

Prioty Pick 1 -Tom Scully

Elite contested posession player

Massive amount of endurance

Wins his own ball and is a game breaker

Creates space with the best handball at this years draft

Mature mindset potential leader at any club

Will have to work on gaining weight at 182cm and 74kg looking at

6-10kgs of muscle devlopment development over 2-3 years

Others Considered: There has been speculation Trengove has surpassed Scully and will be taken at 1

While it creates interesting side play I expect they will both be Melbourne players.

However Scully has been identified as a No1 pick for longer and I wouldn't be surprised

If he has already been assured he is number 1.

Pick 2 -Jack Trengove

Best midfield mark in the draft

Poise and awareness are tademarks

Penetrating kick

Impressive on both sides of his body

Shown most development over the year of all draftees

No go home factor - Lived on Border of SA/Vic

Ready for round 1 close to being a sure thing for Rising Star

Others Considered: Dustin Martin 3rd best mid, Anthony Morabito Tall Mid with most X factor/upside 4th best, John Butcher best KPF.

MFC will probably place higher priority in creating an elite midfield in the next 2-3 years because Butcher has

too many unknowns. Butcher's consitency, kicking and perceived attitude has seen him slide in people's/media's predictions

on the draft. HOWEVER, i will not be surprised if recruiting department pick Butcher at 2 for a KPF ahead of Trengove due to need and

further comprimised drafts limiting access. Thorp seems to be MFC potential insurance policy if we pick Trengove instead of a KPF.

Pick 11 - Daniel Talia

Versatile

Great Contested Mark

Positions Himself to advantage

Agressive and Great Leg speed

High level of endurance

Hamstring Tendonitis potentially problematic

Others Considered: It's time to look to KPP if MFC take to mids first up. Butcher will go to NM, Syd or Port he wont be

there at 11. Jake Carlisle, Aaron Black, Matthew Panos, Levi Casboult, and Ben Griffiths is how I rank

the rest of the KPF's

Pick 18 - Jake Carlisle

Versatile

Fantastic Contested mark

Great Kick

Posession Winning

Reads the play exceptionally well

Potential Mobile Ruckmen

Repotedly impressed with Bailey/MFC

Back Problems

Others Considered: Port depending what happens ahead of them will take Butcher or Panos. Bulldogs at 15 Potential suitors to Carlisle

as well as Geelong and Sydney. Be an excellent catch if he slips through. If Carlisle is gone I expect Griffiths to be available.

Pick 34 - Max Gawn

Massive 206cm 97kgs

Strong Mark

Relatively mobile

Needs development

Old Sandy Stomping ground

Others Cosidered: From this point on it's needs based, best available speculation

Pick 50 - Dylan Grimes

Impressive at draft camp Speed and Agility top 15% tested

Reads the play well

Brothers united

Great Closing speed

Excellently defensive skills

Others Considered: Must take at 50 if still available

PSD 1 Mitch Thorp

Maintains youth policy

Massive potential and thats all he has so far

KPF Insurance

Pick 6 in 2006

Injury riddled

Delisted

Rumoured attitude problems

Foot problems MFC has poor history with feet See Garland Jamar Meesen(did he have foot problems??? I may be wrong)

Others Considered: Joel Mcdonald not much else impresses

Rookie Draft

Michael Newton

John Meesen

Melbourne will honour it promise they will be overlooked by GCF But I have heard Hawthorn Maybe interested in Meesen

MFC Should not draft Ball in ND it was PSD or GTFO we don't want players who don't want to be invested

in the MFC Bailey has shown his no nonsense approach when confronted with this situation. Ball's Lack of

interest reflects exactly that. Port/Bris/Syd have a new recruit he won't be at the filth

Edited by Diablo Deemon

oh god, i hope newton and meeson get picked up by other clubs, would be a blessing for us!!

Ideally, the draft would go...

Scully

Trengove

Butcher

Griffiths

Patrick

Grimes

Thorpe

with Newton and/or Meeson getting picked up by Carlton/Hawks ect... we could grab one of Daw, Temel, Casboult in the rookie draft as well!

oh god, i hope newton and meeson get picked up by other clubs, would be a blessing for us!!

Ideally, the draft would go...

Scully

Trengove

Butcher

Griffiths

Patrick

Grimes

Thorpe

with Newton and/or Meeson getting picked up by Carlton/Hawks ect... we could grab one of Daw, Temel, Casboult in the rookie draft as well!

Liam Patrick and Troy Taylor are the only other considerations/Likely players I'd consider at 34 and 50.

With regard to Newton/Meeson I wouldn't be surprised if MFC was obliged to pay all/part of their contracts

in the first year with another club.