Teammates were shocked McLean left

The Big Ticket

F#$K me I love Cale Morton.

I may need to challenge Mr Morton to an arm wrestle for the title of Cale's number 1 fan (If his arms are anything like Cale's, I at least stand a chance :lol: ).

Can't wait for this kid to be holding down either CHF or CHB!

Edited by Captain Jack

you can just feel the excitement and enthusiasm....and belief.!! the guys know they are at the start of something ;)

AFL.com article:

"Down the track, I can see myself playing half-forward or half-back and perhaps not so much on the wing. I might end up playing on the bigger body type players, if I play centre half-forward or centre half-back," Morton said.

"I want to have a real hard crack at pre-season this year and become a more rounded player"

Loving the idea of Morton as our CHF!

He would be a powerful athlete at CHF, with power running and strong marking. His marking in particular has improve out of sight. It's been confirmed by Morton himself and others many times that he has grown to 194cm. If he plays at 95kg, with his skill and endurance, he would be unstoppable.

Bate, Jurrah, Watts and Morton would be such a richly diverse and skillful forward line

AFL.com article:

"Down the track, I can see myself playing half-forward or half-back and perhaps not so much on the wing. I might end up playing on the bigger body type players, if I play centre half-forward or centre half-back," Morton said.

"I want to have a real hard crack at pre-season this year and become a more rounded player"

He would be a powerful athlete at CHF, with power running and strong marking. His marking in particular has improve out of sight. It's been confirmed by Morton himself and others many times that he has grown to 194cm. If he plays at 95kg, with his skill and endurance, he would be unstoppable.

Bate, Jurrah, Watts and Morton would be such a richly diverse and skillful forward line

What does he weigh at the moment? Looks like he will have to put on around 10-15 kgs to ever be a legitimate CHF or CHB, I don't know if that will ever happen.

AFL.com article:

I've always seen this as the long-term plan for him -- to put more muscle on his frame so he can be an Adam Goodes type.

He won't live at CHF, but we'll see him spend a bit of time there in the future

Cale will be like Brendan Goddard. Will have the abillity to play at both ends as well as through the middle. I do recall him playing on Nick Riewaldt in the last quarter of rd 22?

So where does Jack W. play?

I would've thought that was the ultimate position the FD was planning for. CHF.

As for bulking up, some players metabolism simply doesn't allow it, no matter how many pastas they eat and weights work they do.

Down the track, the skinny one will play a number of roles and a fixed, dominating position player is least likely.

So where does Jack W. play?

I would've thought that was the ultimate position the FD was planning for. CHF.

As for bulking up, some players metabolism simply doesn't allow it, no matter how many pastas they eat and weights work they do.

Down the track, the skinny one will play a number of roles and a fixed, dominating position player is least likely.

Anywhere he wants to.

Watts has the class and ability to be a Hird ltype player, floating forward who can go either in the middle or down the back depending on the flow of the game.

Those concerned about him looking even skinnier this preseason (I'm putting my hand up for that one) should note that in the below article, he talks of having septoplasty.

This surgical procedure is common to better clear the airways by correcting the alignment of the septum.

"I'm looking forward to being able to eat properly now … and I'm hoping it will help my aerobic capacity as well."

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsart...76/default.aspx

What does he weigh at the moment? Looks like he will have to put on around 10-15 kgs to ever be a legitimate CHF or CHB, I don't know if that will ever happen.

There is no way he is going to put on 10-15 kg lol. Over the next 3 years I would expect a maximum of say 4-8 kg, absolute maxxx. They have planned to have jack Watts gain about 6 kg by 2011 and he has the body shape to put on weight, Cale does not.

Will be interesting to see if he does in fact play CHF as he could easily run his opponent of his legs. A ball magnet at CHF, it's going to be good to watch.

F#$K me I love Cale Morton.

I may need to challenge Mr Morton to an arm wrestle for the title of Cale's number 1 fan (If his arms are anything like Cale's, I at least stand a chance :lol: ).

Can't wait for this kid to be holding down either CHF or CHB!

We can both love him :wub:

I worry about myself sometimes.

Cale and I share the same body shape (scrawny) lol

Morton put on weight over the last preseason, 3 kgs I think but he grew 2cms and he was back to square one!

Hopefully he will stop growing and will start putting on some size.

With his endurance and ball winning/space finding abilities he could burn CHB's into the ground.

And hes a straight reliable kick.

Bring it on!

guys dream for a body like Lillys :rolleyes:

True. Off topic, but true.

Back to the article, Cale showed real class. I'm not bad mouthing the guy when I say I didn't see that level of maturity in him. Glad it's there because I think

he'll be a gun. That said, I also thought Watts was the one for CHF.

since this thread is semi re brock mclean and I dont know if this has already been reported elsewhere as I have been away but friend from CAAARLTON has told me that our Brock has been bad mouthing Dean Bailey at the club. Has anyone else heard this.

Its called a rumour.

I am surprised its taken this long to surface.

Big deal if its true. Player told he would have limited opportunities going forward and offered a pay cut is not happy with the coach. What controversy! He's gone and MFC have work to do.