Jamar and Miller Signed to Dees

Armitage Shanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that definitely means miller will be used as trade bait for GC17!

if we cant trade Bell in the next few days i think we will have plenty of players to [censored] off at the end of next season! Newton, Miller, PJ, Bell, etc.. we dont have that many old players left we can force to retire.. so we will finally just ditch the crap

I wonder if anyone speaks of you & your job in the above terms.

Careful how you speak of others, remember this is a very public forum

I am Glad Brad Miller gets another year. The one year situation might be just what he needs to Fire him up & Prove your judgement wrong.

Stuff GC17 If they want any of our players i hope they have to earn them.

I am happy with Miler as I know he may look limited at times but he is a very hard working lead up player. As our midfield kicking gets beter so will Miller. He could be a very handy 3rd tall option in the forward line once some of our other talls come on a bit more. I think this guy has too much pressure put on him by supporters. He has had a masive work load the last few years.

As for Jamar, I believe if we didn't trade him this year, why ruckmen are in demand we should of signed him for 3 years, he is one of the best tap ruckmen in the game and is geting better around th ground, the only reason I can think of is his suspect body. He is still young. If he has a god year next year he could name his price at he gold coast, and would be another Ruckman nutured by Melbourne and sucee elsewhere.

i think that definitely means miller will be used as trade bait for GC17!

if we cant trade Bell in the next few days i think we will have plenty of players to [censored] off at the end of next season! Newton, Miller, PJ, Bell, etc.. we dont have that many old players left we can force to retire.. so we will finally just ditch the crap

Try showing some respect to your teams players will you please......

If thats too hard then take a break.

I guess the dees will be testing out their list next season in the hope that these players can be replaced.

Jamar on a one year deal? Suggests that they may be looking to draft a ruckman.

I wonder if anyone speaks of you & your job in the above terms.

Careful how you speak of others, remember this is a very public forum

I am Glad Brad Miller gets another year. The one year situation might be just what he needs to Fire him up & Prove your judgement wrong.

Stuff GC17 If they want any of our players i hope they have to earn them.

hopefully he proves me wrong..

but seeing how he treated Watts when he missed a shot.. i lost a lot of respect for Miller..

take a break? ok then..

i dont see that much difference between ditching someone on their form.. and forcing someone into retirement.. unfortunately thats what footy has turned into.. there isnt always that much respect shown to players

plus would you prefer these players to stay in our list when they havent proven themselves over multiple years and we have to force players to retirement, ditch other players, etc so we can make room for draft picks?

Jamar on a one year deal? Suggests that they may be looking to draft a ruckman.

It suggests Jamar's value - and thus his ability to command a nice salary - will be better next year.

Since he played less than 10 games this year and will be the number 1 ruck next year I think it's a fairly good bet.

Jamar's manager has done the right thing.

plus would you prefer these players to stay in our list when they havent proven themselves over multiple years and we have to force players to retirement, ditch other players, etc so we can make room for draft picks?

Don't be an idiot and change the subject simply because someone pulled you up for your attitude towards our players.......

You can have an opinion but showing respect for our players should be easier than it apparently is, and has nothing to do with what I would or would not prefer.

They are not your toys to throw around and spit on, please remember that in the future, even if you aren't happy with a performance.

Don't be an idiot and change the subject simply because someone pulled you up for your attitude towards our players.......

You can have an opinion but showing respect for our players should be easier than it apparently is, and has nothing to do with what I would or would not prefer.

They are not your toys to throw around and spit on, please remember that in the future, even if you aren't happy with a performance.

i think you should chill.. your taking this way to personal.. is that you miller?

i have had a few froffys after work and just mentioned i think those players are kinda crap.. i probably shouldnt have used such a strong word to describe them.. but as i said i have had a few cheekys.. but dont look into it that much.. its just my opinion

having said that.. i stand by what i said..

now try and take some deep breaths and calm down.. dont take it so seriously.. im not the first person on this forum to call miller or newton ordinary

I think people are unfairly judging Miller on his efforts this year and not taking into account his performances in the past

Earlier this year he was referred to as "one of the best lead-up CHFs in the league" by Malcolm Blight. no joke

CHF is the hardest position on the ground to perform well in if you are in the worst team in the league. I wouldn't be surprised if Miller had a solid year in 2010 (50+ goals) with better delivery from midfield and enough pressure through the middle so he doesn't always have to push up. He has demonstrated the ability to pull down strong marks (and attractive women), run out games strongly and with a bit of luck he can kick it straight in front of the big sticks.

You never know: an extention on the one-year contract or an appealing bid from GC is possible this time next year. Give Brad a chance

Edited by davey's gravy

im not the first person on this forum to call miller or newton ordinary

And you certainly won't be the last, but despite your opinion they don't deserve to be talked about like you did......

But that's it, but to explain my point of view, I hate people who treat our players, no matter how frustrated they make you, with disdain.

And it happens way to easily and readily IMO :rolleyes: !!!

Was listening to an interview with Peter Rohde (Port footy operations manager) this arvo on 5aa....

Peter was saying that they had "serious" chats with Jamar about trying to lure him away from Melbourne.... They rate him very highly and wanted him to be their back-up ruckman behind Brogan.... Jamar decided to stay at Melbourne because "He would be guaranteed the No. 1 ruck position next season and didn't think it was a step forward to move to Port and be No. 2"

I seriously think Jamar believes that he is in the best possible position to have a cracker year next year.... Melbourne may find it hard to keep him for 2011 if he does in fact have a great year and wants to move on.... But if he has a great year and can see the quality young brigade that is building around him at Melbourne, then he may in fact choose to stay....

I don't blame Mark at all for signing for only one year..... He is looking after No. 1..... Good on him....

As for Miller..... Hmmmm..... I just hope he seriously fixes his kicking for goal..... Other than that part of his game, I rate him pretty highly :huh:

Jamar is a required player but any more injuries and he is in trouble. So 1 year is probably best for both.

Miller is on the periphery, no doubt about it. But if we got rid of every player that didn't have a future in the one year, who would we move on the following year?

Still hopeful Bell or PJ can be traded out, but these re-signings are OK.

Further to the subject of posters who show disrespect

to players of the Melbourne Football Club.

Members have "Ignore User function."

Go to My Controls once you have logged in.

Scroll down to Options on the left hand side.

Click on Manage Ignored Users.

Click on The person you object to.

Presto! Pest is gone. For good.

I hate it when people on here get personal, but I'm going to because you need to be told. Demonland was a much nicer, friendlier, more relevant and engaging place when you weren't here Rhino.

No hard feelings, but your ego is flat out tiresome.

So why are you doing it now?

I did not do it in the post you quoted. I stated a fact that the poster did not address my point or question.

For the record, Fork, I was here when the site started and I could say the same about you before you joined D'land but hey that would be getting personal wouldn't it?

And of course..no hard feelings

So why are you doing it now?

I did not do it in the post you quoted. I stated a fact that the poster did not address my point or question.

For the record, Fork, I was here when the site started and I could say the same about you before you joined D'land but hey that would be getting personal wouldn't it?

And of course..no hard feelings

He was referring to the last few weeks or month, however long it was that you were absent.

Yep.

And its absolutely fantasy that GC will be chasing Miller when he cant even get a consistent game at MFC. Oh that right, Miller comes from Qld. Therefore GC will organise a family repatriation trade offering high draft picks for him. Maybe they'll also offer one to Petterd.

While many criticise Miller, his leadership and work ethic is exactly what has been missing from many of our forwards. I would be happy if Watts and co learnt those traits off Miller.

Jamar is an interesting one. I would have thought he would have been offered two years.

Ge'ez haven't you changed your tune.

Guest Digga
Really???

Whatever weaknesses Miller has as a KPP. they are going to be illuminated and further exposed on a wing.

And PJ needs to sit in a FP and do what??? He is only going to do even less of what he struggles to do in other parts of the ground.

Neither player have shown over the course of this year and last that they are up to AFL standard (PJ) or are borderline at best (Miller).

You are right it's not Physics or Pythagoras, they're just footballers and ordinary ones at that.

It's just a shame that Miller is given a contract extension while a player like Buckley is likely to get delisted. Yes, they play different positions but I would prefer Buckley at CHF rather than Miller.

Miller will be a bodyguard this year.. and on form, thats about all he'll do.. (would GC even want him next year?)

Mabbe Jamar wants to see if we progress next year, before requesting a longer contract?

Good for us anyway, we get to keep our best ruck for a year to see whether he progresses or not, giving Spencer and Mees time to prove themselves.. 1 of the 3 -Mees, Spencer or Jamar- will surely go at next years end.

Personally after the last 3 years, i would not object to our entire list being on a 1 year contract.

Put a Rocket through the whole club & find out who really wants to see the club Succeed. I know it won't happen but sometimes i wish it could.

Some players put the cruize control on after signing long deals.

1 year deals would keep the list lean & HUngry.

In the days of the depression & WW2 Players in the seniors got paid by the game. Those who played in the seconds got nothing.

Players did not give up their spots easily. We won heaps of flags back then.

I Know it's now modern times but the 1 year incentive contract has it's place.

Every player over 30 should be on the 1 year deal.

My point about Miller & Jamar is that they both seriously need to pump up their value through improved performance, and they have the whole of next season to do it. Next season is virtually an audition for them both.

They both have the potential to be very good, but there are serious question marks against them both in terms of consistency & errors & conversion (BM) and fitness & durability & around-the-ground input (MJ). They'll either show great improvement during 2010, in which case they can legitimately ask for more than they're worth now. Or they won't. They'll be playing for their AFL futures, so they'll have everything to play for.

From the club's point of view, they're not quite within our "window" that's projected to open in 4-6 years, while their younger potential replacements would be starting to really hit their straps at that time. These young players have 12 months to show that they're capable of taking over should Miller and/or Jamar decide to go elsewhere this time next year.

So the team gains in several ways in 2010. Jamar and Miller have all the incentive they need to make a much bigger on-field contribution. And their potential replacements have 12 months to strut their stuff before perhaps having to shoulder much greater responsibility.

Great opportunities for all concerned.

Guest hangon007

Here here ... good call ...

Now to the point of the thread

For what is worth. IMHO its an excellent move by both club and players. Perfect win-win situation on both sides sensible mature call by both partiesl.

We retain two strong bodies who need to perform ... if they do ... the onus then falls back on the club to reward them.

I'm impressed just think everything we done so far says we will continue the momentum and we are moving forward.

Go Dees!