Brendan Fevola

Daz's Dee's

Really??

Wise move

Nothing personal. But you have a tendency to be "astounded" by TV behaviour and "overdrawn" on trite print media like the Hun.Shows like the Footy Show are pits for good taste and humour. Nothing should surprise there

Not much difference between the two occupations. (Sorry Jack and Reubin!)

When peoples personal lives are invaded by TV, Radio & Print & they are allowed to say whatever they like (The Hun earlier this year & Terry Wallace) i get [censored] off that people like Robbo are allowed to continue working as if nothing happened.

The Media Spotlight is so much stronger now, Since SEN went 24/7 in 2004 Sport is continuous in the news.

I know the Standard of the Hun, but people in the millions still read it & make snap judgements then put it in the Rubbish bin till tomorrow, then do the same.

One day a Player is going to "Snap" lose the plot, & take their life during Trade Week & all those same vulture journalists will write about it the next day.

That's why the media should take at least some responsibility

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One advantage of this trade might be that at least Carlton haven't been compensated with Brisbane's first round draft Pick which they might have spent on a Key Position Forward. Brisbabne less likely to do so given they may have both Brown and Fev.

Edited by the fork

As someone in the fold, you should know how the TV and print media behaves and its laws of the jungle.

I am surprised you get so seminlgy worked up by it given your exposure.

Nothing of those matters you rail against are any different to what has been going on for the past 10 to 15 years.

Anyway back to the footy.....

Bradshaw to Carlton and Fev to Brisbane. Who would have thunk it? :lol:

True, but it does give them a much smaller window of opportunity.

At 31 (32?) and with dodgy hamstrings, Bradshaw will be lucky to survive another two seasons in top form.

Yes, but it buys them time. Bradshaw will buy them a couple of years with a key forward, during which they can look to buy another one in true Carlton fashion.

When peoples personal lives are invaded by TV, Radio & Print & they are allowed to say whatever they like (The Hun earlier this year & Terry Wallace) i get [censored] off that people like Robbo are allowed to continue working as if nothing happened.

The Media Spotlight is so much stronger now, Since SEN went 24/7 in 2004 Sport is continuous in the news.

I know the Standard of the Hun, but people in the millions still read it & make snap judgements then put it in the Rubbish bin till tomorrow, then do the same.

One day a Player is going to "Snap" lose the plot, & take their life during Trade Week & all those same vulture journalists will write about it the next day.

In case your interested. There is actually a media code of ethics....

http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

of course it's not worth the cyber ink that it's printed on because it's 'voluntary' and states that journalists 'should' rather than 'will'. They're vultures... my one and only consolation is that bye and large most of what is 'reported' on nowadays is nothing more than entertainment. Nothing newsworthy ever gets reported and when you have local ABC radio getting people to ring in with their dumbarse opinions - well who gives a stuff about what's really newsworthy anyway. Lets hear what the next vacuous bimbo has to say about her new movie or the latest reality TV program or David Letterman's sexual adventures. If society gets the government they deserve, they also get the media they deserve. People are stupid.

In case your interested. There is actually a media code of ethics....

http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

of course it's not worth the cyber ink that it's printed on because it's 'voluntary' and states that journalists 'should' rather than 'will'. They're vultures... my one and only consolation is that bye and large most of what is 'reported' on nowadays is nothing more than entertainment. Nothing newsworthy ever gets reported and when you have local ABC radio getting people to ring in with their dumbarse opinions - well who gives a stuff about what's really newsworthy anyway. Lets hear what the next vacuous bimbo has to say about her new movie or the latest reality TV program or David Letterman's sexual adventures. If society gets the government they deserve, they also get the media they deserve. People are stupid.

Thanks Graz, i actually have a copy of that Media Ethics Charter at home.

I liken it to the 10 Commandments in George Orwell's "Animal Farm"

Every so often a word or an inflection is changed quietly so that meanings become twisted or inverted.

Did Mark Robinson consult his Ethics Policy before he wrote about the "Death" of Terry Wallace?? Hardly. But he didn't miss one days work.

Imagine how Wallace's Kids felt at school the day that paper came out. Yes i know Terence was well paid, & had probably spoken to his kids about this exact treatment, but it still does not fully steel someone for the real thing...

I Haven't changed Tact at all. I am merely trying to find out how much was "Live to air" on Brownlow night & how much was pre recorded.

Because if most was pre recorded then ch9 would have had a very good idea what the outcome was going to be.

Where have i changed my tact Riot? You were not working for the dots that night were you?? I seemed to have hit a raw nerve???

Me work for 9? LMAO. Yep I flew down from Coffs Harbour for the night.

I've already told you in this thread that the segment was for the footy show, 3 days later and you continue with the "free to air" BS.

You changed tact when you heard it was a heavy edit after claiming it was a light one and just criticised them for giving him a mic.

Obviously comprehension is beyond you on the first reading so let me repeat, Fev is not in trouble for anything that was shown on the footy show.

Any chance of the full story of bronlow night getting out and his past indiscretions made public.

Be good to see Carltank be made responsible for the monster they created.

It would be a massive welcome for Brock walking into the eye of a storm.

I know enough Carlton dirt to make a real mess. However, I am very close friends with a certain very high ranking individual and it would be simply the wrong thing for me to do to discuss further, let alone end a friendship that is close and important to me. I already question myself on whether I have gone too far on what I have already said.

Brendan Fevola will be 29 in January. The only person who should take responsibilty for his actions is himself.

The media is not reporting the cruder details out of respect for the other parties involved.

Given the nature of the allegations about his behaviour on Grand Final night Carlton's decision to trade was inevitable as was the fact that the trade they would get would be minimal in terms of Fevola's football ability.

The only good thing that come out of it is that Brendan Fevola might finally have the self insight to realise that he should not comsume alcohol.

A big risk for the Lions for mine.

You changed tact when you heard it was a heavy edit after claiming it was a light one and just criticised them for giving him a mic.

I never claimed anything as i hadn't seen either show, i was trying to find out what had happened. My claim as you say was..That if it was a light Edit it should have been a heavy Edit. ie. If 5 mins of Footage went to air it should have been 2mins. That is what i said earlier in this link.

The only footage i could find was Fev at the Brownlow running around with a mic and crew. Which is why i asked about the relevance of the Footy Show.

Edited by why you little

Thanks Graz, i actually have a copy of that Media Ethics Charter at home.

No worries. To quote Blackadder. "The greatest work of fiction since Vows of Fidelity were incorporated into the French marriage service."

Broadcasting is self regulated.

Poacher / Game keeper.

Nothing will happen.

Footage on the show was a storm in a teacup.

Fev is another issue. I think Fev was going from Carlton anyway. This only heightened the matter on the Richter scale from 6 to 7.

This is my take on things:

Personally I can't see why no one could stop Fev from destroying himself... unless...

The powers at be saw the brownlow as an opportunity to allow a minor scandal to occur, giving them justification to the supporters for moving him on, without disclosing all the real issues for shafting him, as this would make him a worthless commodity at the trade table.

The big players involved in all of this must've been sitting there watching, horrified looks on their faces, but simultaneously rubbing their hands together with glee under the table...

The Carlton board must be pinching themselves at the prospect of getting rid of him to Brisbane.

But I'm sure it would've been sweeter to unload him on Collingwood...................

Me work for 9? LMAO. Yep I flew down from Coffs Harbour for the night.

I've already told you in this thread that the segment was for the footy show, 3 days later and you continue with the "free to air" BS.

Obviously comprehension is beyond you on the first reading so let me repeat, Fev is not in trouble for anything that was shown on the footy show.

I actually claimed it was a light edit.

No worries. To quote Blackadder. "The greatest work of fiction since Vows of Fidelity were incorporated into the French marriage service."

HaHa Black adder!! What a Gem

"Baldrick i have your christmas present here, it's at the end of my arm. Do you know what it is?"

"No Mr B"

"It's called a Fist , & do you know what else Baldrick?...I can give it to you again & again & again"

"Thankyou Mr B" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest melbman
I also worked on "Frontline" & "The Late Show" with the Working Dog Crew among other shows.

apologies for going off topic but I'm green with envy on that one. I tried in vain many a Monday morning for tickets to the late show only to find out after it was over that my uncle was friends with Jason Stephens and uncle could have got me the tickets :-(

Anyway, carry on

I'm quite disappointed that Carlton have managed to land a legitimate key forward out of the Fevola deal, not mention a decent midfielder. The nasty part of me had hoped they'd be left stranded with picks or smaller types. Having Bradshaw up forward striaghtens them up.

Bradshaw is 33 and will either be ineffective or be out of the game in 2 years time. Rischitelli is just another average mid, and to make it worse Carlton have no first round pick. Carlton are getting screwed royaly by themselves and are without question the most poorly managed and dumbist AFL club.

After the GC and WS, Carlton will find themselves with no forward or back line...they are finished...time to tank.

Guest melbman
Bradshaw is 33 and will either be ineffective or be out of the game in 2 years time. Rischitelli is just another average mid, and to make it worse Carlton have no first round pick. Carlton are getting screwed royaly by themselves and are without question the most poorly managed and dumbist AFL club.

After the GC and WS, Carlton will find themselves with no forward or back line...they are finished...time to tank.

Ah, I had similar thoughts to the post by pantaloons

Yeah, but what's happening to them is undeniably fun to watch :P !!!

This is my take on things:

Personally I can't see why no one could stop Fev from destroying himself... unless...

The powers at be saw the brownlow as an opportunity to allow a minor scandal to occur, giving them justification to the supporters for moving him on, without disclosing all the real issues for shafting him, as this would make him a worthless commodity at the trade table.

The big players involved in all of this must've been sitting there watching, horrified looks on their faces, but simultaneously rubbing their hands together with glee under the table...

The Carlton board must be pinching themselves at the prospect of getting rid of him to Brisbane.

But I'm sure it would've been sweeter to unload him on Collingwood...................

I think you might be right. Fev may have walked into a trap totally unsuspecting.

If the Heavyweights wanted him stopped it would have been easy to do. Cut to a 60 second commercial & have security remove Fevola.

This is what i have not been able to work out since i did not see the show.

Somebody let him go knowing what the consequences would be. Fev not being the smartest dresser in the Room, after a couple of J J Cales would have absolutely know idea he was being set up.

If Carlton had trully wanted to keep Fevola, they would have saved him. But just Like "Underbelly" they allowed him to sink with the old oven tied tightly to his ankle....thus creating an escape clause.

Yeah, but what's happening to them is undeniably fun to watch :P !!!

lol ohye I am loving every minute of it. I got some real cocky Carlscum mate supporters who are in shock and denial atm!

But even better is watching dumbass Collingwood unwiling to give anything substantial for Fev who would bring them instant success and catapault them to being potential the best club in the land.