• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ball for Melbourne in the PSD?

mikeod

Ball's a man of integrity. He won't leave St Kilda empty handed.

Melbourne won't trade for Ball either inso facto Ball is not coming to Melbourne

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ball's a man of integrity. He won't leave St Kilda empty handed.

Melbourne won't trade for Ball either inso facto Ball is not coming to Melbourne

Collingwood and St.Kilda both have traded away their 1st and 3rd rounders AFAIK that leaves them with:

Pies: 30, 62, 78

Saints: 32, 64, 80

The Saints aren't going to trade Ball for 30, the Pies will have to involve a player.

Collingwood and St.Kilda both have traded away their 1st and 3rd rounders AFAIK that leaves them with:

The Saints aren't going to trade Ball for 30, the Pies will have to involve a player.

Yes the Saints have publicly stated that they do not want draft picks for Ball. Their window is now and they want a qaulity player who can come into their best 25.

Saints won't be giving Ball to Collingwood for nothing, why would they help another top 4 team. It must be a win-win trade.

N.Brown.

N.Brown.

I got hounded down when I mentioned N. Brown would be up for trade earlier in the week.

I really like the way he goes about it.

St. Kilda would be very very happy if they could get Brown in any deal for Ball.

No way will Ball go into the PSD - either Collingwood or St. Kilda will buckle under before that's allowed to happen.

Maybe St.Kilda would be interested in 34 + a player if Collingwood can't come up with a decent player.

N.Brown has got to be inked in as the Presti replacement, can't see him being traded.

Maybe Reid who hasn't progressed as well.

Collingwood reportedly refused Goldsack.

St. Kilda would be very very happy if they could get Brown in any deal for Ball.

Not necessarily Brown to St.Kilda.

Ie. It might involve something like Ball to Collingwood, Brown to Bulldogs, Everitt to Saints with Pies pick 30.

Maybe St.Kilda would be interested in 34 + a player if Collingwood can't come up with a decent player.

N.Brown has got to be inked in as the Presti replacement, can't see him being traded.

Maybe Reid who hasn't progressed as well.

Collingwood reportedly refused Goldsack.

True, if the deal is no good for St.Kilda (pick 34 and a B grade player), St.kilda may feel its better to get nothing and not strengthen one of its main competitors list. After all Collingwoods premiership window is also open. St.Kilda's best team will not benefit from the trade but Collingwoods would. Ball going to Melb could not come back and haunt St.Kilda but him going to Collingwood without strengthening their best 25 could.

True, if the deal is no good for St.Kilda (pick 34 and a B grade player), St.kilda may feel its better to get nothing and not strengthen one of its main competitors list. After all Collingwoods premiership window is also open. St.Kilda's best team will not benefit from the trade but Collingwoods would. Ball going to Melb could not come back and haunt St.Kilda but him going to Collingwood without strengthening their best 25 could.

Good lateral thinking but I can't see it happening. Saints will opt for a player and not worry about Ball being BOG for Pies in a GF against them and winning the flag for Pies.

Very good point the clubs involved - Saints, Dogs and Pies are all competing in the same window.

We could bundle in pick 50 to the Saints also which is before their current 2nd pick.

Currently they have 32, 64, 78

34 + 50 + Bartram/Buckley/Dunn

That would give them 32, 34, 50

Still leaves us with 1, 2, 11, 18, Ball and PSD1

Yes please!

I thought St Kilda were specifically looking for a player as opposed to draft pick.

Considering their forward line woes on GF day, I could see the saints asking Davis or Dick

Yes that's right, this discussion pre-supposes that the player(s) Collingwood offer are not satisfactory to St.Kilda.

Considering their forward line woes on GF day, I could see the saints asking Davis or Dick

On the contrary, I think given St Kilda's forward line woes on Grand Final day, small foward/flankers like Davis and Dick would be at the bottom of their shopping list rather than at the top. I doubt they'd want more players who crumble when the heat is really on; Davis in particular was pathetic during Collingwood's finals campaign.

Very good point the clubs involved - Saints, Dogs and Pies are all competing in the same window.

We could bundle in pick 50 to the Saints also which is before their current 2nd pick.

Currently they have 32, 64, 78

34 + 50 + Bartram/Buckley/Dunn

That would give them 32, 34, 50

Still leaves us with 1, 2, 11, 18, Ball and PSD1

Yes please!

You honestly think Bartram, Buckley or Dunn would get a game at St Kilda?

On the contrary, I think given St Kilda's forward line woes on Grand Final day, small foward/flankers like Davis and Dick would be at the bottom of their shopping list rather than at the top. I doubt they'd want more players who crumble when the heat is really on; Davis in particular was pathetic during Collingwood's finals campaign.

Good point, but I can't think of any more worthwhile small forwards on the Collingwood list...

therein lies my accidental point

You honestly think Bartram, Buckley or Dunn would get a game at St Kilda?

Yes I think it's possible, there's nothing great about St.Kilda's bottom 4 or so - McQualter, Ray, Dempster, R.Clarke ...

It's their top 10 that make the difference and the fact that the rest of the players stick to the plan.

These players may suit the St.Kilda style:

Buckley is in a similar mould to Gram, Ray and Clarke

Bartram and Dunn can play similar roles to Jones, Clarke, McQualter and Dempster

One of them may have appeal when packaged with 34 + 50.

More appeal than if Collingwood is offering Toovey, Stanley, Cook, Corrie or Bryan.

MFC could get both Ball and Everitt for pick 18. If they offer pick 18 for Everitt, then that would force the Saints and Pies to deal directly. Pies can offer pick 30 for Ball. Wont be enough. Saints dont want Fraser and he is worth more than Ball. We could force Ball to the PSD if we did the Everitt deal at the last moment and snooker the Pies and Saints.

Commendably creative RR (you got a day off?) but unlikely.

The key is that Lyon does not rate Ball, so talk about a quality player swap only is posturing. They'll cop a second round pick because that's about where Lyon thinks he is.

The key is that Lyon does not rate Ball, so talk about a quality player swap only is posturing. They'll cop a second round pick because that's about where Lyon thinks he is.

Whether Lyon rates him or not is neither here nor there given they have decided to trade him. They want to get the maximum they can for him and are holding out. They said they dont want a pick unless they are in a 3 way which involves a player they want. What can Collingwood give as a player?

Aaron Buchanan wnet for pick 28 this year. The Pies have pick 30. That wont buy the Saints much in the market.

Just read in the Age during lunch break that Luke Ball will most likley come to Melbourne if Stchokers cannot create a deal with Collywobbles. Stchokers say they dont want pick's, only players. My concern is if this deal doesnt happen is whether the mighty Dees should pick up Luke Ball - former captain of st kilda and 1 time all australian and grand final player.

We picked up Liam Jurrah last year, so if we take Luke Ball this year, will we be forefitting someother new exciting kid?

The way i see it is that around 2/3 of our list are 22 years or under. So by including in the current 1, 2, 11, 18..PDS#1 picks this will continue the youth policy to ensure a very exciting future. Or do we add experience to our side, which is what we currently clearly lack.

IMO we should not pick up Ball cause it will be doing what Richshit do is trade all their picks for washed up players instead of home grooming. Im going on an allout youth policy, who cares if we win 5 or 6 games next year (like hawks won the spoon in 04 or 05) when in 4 years we'll be amazing. Thoughts?

Edited by joe gutnick64

I can't see what advantage Everitt provides to the Ball deal for Collingwood and St.Kilda.

Collingwwod has to give a decent player to the Dogs for Everitt, a player they could just as easily offer the Saints.

If the Saints wont accept 30 for Ball the Dogs wont accept 30 for Everitt

The issue is whether Collingwood is prepared to offer a decent enough player for Ball (or Everitt).

Us giving 18 for Everitt doesn't change that, we should only do that trade if we think Everitt is value at 18.

The issue is whether Collingwood is prepared to offer a decent enough player for Ball (or Everitt).

Us giving 18 for Everitt doesn't change that, we should only do that trade if we think Everitt is value at 18.

Spot on Old.

IMO we should not pick up Ball cause it will be doing what Richshit do is trade all their picks for washed up players instead of home grooming. Im going on an allout youth policy, who cares if we win 5 or 6 games next year (like hawks won the spoon in 04 or 05) when in 4 years we'll be amazing. Thoughts?

If Luke Ball is washed up, I'm Santa Claus.

We picked up Liam Jurrah last year, so if we take Luke Ball this year, will we be forefitting someother new exciting kid?

Jurrah didn't nominate for the National Draft, but was given special permission to nominate for the PSD and Rookie Drafts. I doubt we'd be that lucky again.

Stefan Martin is a better example of the type of player that would be available in the PSD.