WALKER

jayceebee31

Greg Denham announced on the KB show this morning along with Fisher and most probably Cloke that Walker will definately be up for trade. I believe he is good friends with Sylvia.

Edited by jayceebee31

If Carlton took pick 18 Id do it in a heartbeat.

Ive always had big wraps on walker, just a matter of if he could get his body right. Only 23 still I think and great size for a mid/utility.

But seeing as he wasnt included in the mclean trade, I suspect that the FD isnt too interested..

Pick 18 is too much for a guy that injures himself getting out of bed.

One more major injury and that's his career done. Not worth the risk.

If Carlton took pick 18 Id do it in a heartbeat.

Ive always had big wraps on walker, just a matter of if he could get his body right. Only 23 still I think and great size for a mid/utility.

But seeing as he wasnt included in the mclean trade, I suspect that the FD isnt too interested..

Or Walker is not interested in coming to MFC. <_<

He was pick 2 in 2003 draft.

Or Walker is not interested in coming to MFC. <_<

He was pick 2 in 2003 draft.

Enforcer is on the money. This bloke is one shoulder bump away from ending his career. has had multiple operations on his shoulder before last year where he did it again.

Carlton may be trying to be clever with their trading like we seem to do with Travis and Brock. Walker will not gain interest.

We must not put injury prone players on our list. And we won't be trading picks for players as far as I can see.

You read that in the Herald this morning?

haha I did, but I still believe it and would've expected it without reading it.

I thought it was a foregone conclusion that nothing I write on this forum should be accepted as cold hard fact.

I'd um and ah over Walker for about five minutes, then say no. He'd be a really good player if his career could ever pick up any sort of momentum, but it hasn't and probably won't for reasons already mentioned.

We might as well give up on footy now if we recruited Fisher and/or Cloke.

Won't happen - Carlton tried to get us to take Walker in the McLean trade.

I was told this on Thursday by a cousin.

He swore it was legit but I didnt post it because I figured Id just get flamed if it turned out to be BS.

Oh well then.

As far as it goes, I am glad we refused the Walker offer. I wouldnt want him. I mean, I would, if he wasnt so injury prone. Terrible shame for Andrew.

walker has re- signed with carlton so all this drivel is mute

I think you mean moot and I don't think it is.

Reading the Hun this morning it was clear that Carlton tried to exchange Walker for McLean. The club chose pick 11 - good choice. We don't need to recruit another injury prone player who has not been able to establish himself in a position. He was obviously trade bait - but no one bought it - so he was re-signed. His manager was 'ecstatic' that he'd been offered a new two year deal... and according to Carlton he now has two years to become the player they'd hoped he'd be.... hmmm.

Reading the Hun this morning it was clear that Carlton tried to exchange Walker for McLean. The club chose pick 11 - good choice. We don't need to recruit another injury prone player who has not been able to establish himself in a position. He was obviously trade bait - but no one bought it - so he was re-signed. His manager was 'ecstatic' that he'd been offered a new two year deal... and according to Carlton he now has two years to become the player they'd hoped he'd be.... hmmm.

yep agreed - just for others-the Herald Sun states-

CARLTON has re-signed No. 1 draft pick Andrew Walker for two years, dousing speculation he might be lured elsewhere.

Walker returned from another shoulder reconstruction this year after fears it might threaten his career.

But the pacy runner's name had been thrown up in discussions with Melbourne over midfielder Brock McLean in the past week.

The Demons instead accepted pick No. 11 in the national draft.

as far as this initial post was concerned it stated "heard that he would be a "DEFINITE TRADE" FROM SEN.

so facts make this statement,far from the truth..

so going from "a name being thrown up in discussions with melb" to then being re-signed with carlton.for 2 yrs.

makes the initial post and subsequent talk superfluous-

as far as this initial post was concerned it stated "heard that he would be a "DEFINITE TRADE" FROM SEN.

so facts make this statement,far from the truth..

so going from "a name being thrown up in discussions with melb" to then being re-signed with carlton.for 2 yrs.

makes the initial post and subsequent talk superfluous-

I respect your viewpoint- however, it is fact that Greg Denham stated what was in the original topic. If you do not accept that -well go to SEN podcast - Kevin Bartlett show for verification. Then apologise.

yep agreed - just for others-the Herald Sun states-

CARLTON has re-signed No. 1 draft pick Andrew Walker for two years, dousing speculation he might be lured elsewhere.

I think that was the best possible move for Carlton as far as Walker is concerned. He wouldnt get them much on the trade market. At this stage, he's prbably worth more to them to just stick with and hope his body holds up and he can make a contribution.

I think that was the best possible move for Carlton as far as Walker is concerned. He wouldnt get them much on the trade market. At this stage, he's prbably worth more to them to just stick with and hope his body holds up and he can make a contribution.

I AGREE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS, WE DO NOT WANT HIM- ONE MORE BUMP ON THE SHOULDER COULD BE GOODBYE