• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Shaun Burgoyne walks out on Port Adelaide

Jarka

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick 9 and Rick Ladson will do it!

I am glad he wants to be a Hawk! That gives Port Pick 7 & 9. I think we could deal with them to get one of those.

Pick 1, 2, 7 or 9, 11, 18 (Everitt)

Sensational!

WTF. Who do we have that Port would give pick 7 or 9 for? FFS.

WTF. Who do we have that Port would give pick 7 or 9 for? FFS.

Jamar + another. Port are chasing a ruck. Rumoured last month Jamar wanted to go home. I dont know what truth is in this! But lets just say he did.

Jamar & Davey for Pick 7 & 9! Stir Stir! Ha Ha!

Unless he falls into our lap in PSD very happy with this turn of events.

Agree with you OMR.......

I'd be happy to give him a home without it costing us anything, otherwise, well, forget it.

I also believe that there is a about a 25% chance the Burgoyne will slip through to the PS Draft. Hawthorn will have to bend over backwards to get the Burgoyne trade done on both a salary cap and trade level.

Personally I think their is some chance we will either pick up Lovett or Davey with pick 18.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I'm hoping the Bumbers come in over the top and that way they will keep their dirty mitts off Aaron and we might get Jnr with one of the other picks.

Says in here that Port are after Jordan Lewis.......

Port Adelaide's Shaun Burgoyne says he wants to join Hawthorn

It says that but I am very doubtful they will get Lewis.

If I was Port I would be taking Pick 9 and Ladson if offered. Or else they maybe looking at nothing! I cannot see Burgoyne slipping through to the PSD though.

Bombers may offer there Pick 10 and Lovett. Which Port might be happy with and sway Burgoyne that way.

It has been reported that if not traded Burgoyne will enter the national draft with a price on his head. That way Hawthorn get him for nothing but I cant see how that will work for them.

It has been reported that if not traded Burgoyne will enter the national draft with a price on his head. That way Hawthorn get him for nothing but I cant see how that will work for them.

Yeah. Read that too. Hawks are reported to only be able to find $450K in their SC for him. This is cheap for Borgoyne; if he nominates higher than this, hawks can't afford him; if less or equal, plenty of other clubs will be able to afford him, including MFC.

Having said that, i don't understand why hawks want him. They have a very hard at it inside/outside mid-field.

Their weakness is down back and rucks. If they get Bourgoyne, they will have to move one of their mids (to another spot or team).

You gotta ask: why bother?

Yeah. Read that too. Hawks are reported to only be able to find $450K in their SC for him. This is cheap for Borgoyne; if he nominates higher than this, hawks can't afford him; if less or equal, plenty of other clubs will be able to afford him, including MFC.

Having said that, i don't understand why hawks want him. They have a very hard at it inside/outside mid-field.

Their weakness is down back and rucks. If they get Bourgoyne, they will have to move one of their mids (to another spot or team).

ask Carlton, theyve just grabbed yet another midfielder when they have nothing to speak of at either end for their future

Totally agree!

They should be chasing hard for a defender if not two. Gibson I rate! I cant see why they couldnt get him + another. Gibson is a second round pick! Pick 9 should get them another good KPB.

Burgoyne is a waste of there resources and could upset the playing group in doing so after listening to Crawf on the Footy Show last week. Especially if they have to give up a Lewis or Ladson.

Boggles me!

I never said you did. I only agreed that it wasn't a surprise. I think we are a basket case with the fact that no one ever wants to come to us and arguably our best midfielder leaving after only 1 ordinary year for a speculative pick. I may change my mind when I see our kids play but today has been a very disappointing day that has just shown me that we have a very very long way to go.

Nathan Buckley left the Brisbane Bears because they too were a "basket case" and he wanted to taste premiership success with Collingwood so he packed his bags and became a Magpie. I enjoyed watching as the basket case won premierships in 2001, 2002 and 2003, the latter two years seeing them win over Collingwood teams led by Bucks. That's what I call "karma".

Can't wait to see Grimes, Watts, Jetta, Scully & co holding the premiership cup aloft while Blues fans are streaming out of the MCG on grand final day with a dejected Brock sitting on the grass and wondering what might have been.

Nathan Buckley left the Brisbane Bears because they too were a "basket case" and he wanted to taste premiership success with Collingwood so he packed his bags and became a Magpie. I enjoyed watching as the basket case won premierships in 2001, 2002 and 2003, the latter two years seeing them win over Collingwood teams led by Bucks. That's what I call "karma".

Can't wait to see Grimes, Watts, Jetta, Scully & co holding the premiership cup aloft while Blues fans are streaming out of the MCG on grand final day with a dejected Brock sitting on the grass and wondering what might have been.

Yeah! I cant wait either.

They dont like playing us in finals because we always beat them! Ha Ha!

just to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons....

How much more currency do we have should we want him ( if indeed we do ) now we have pick 11 ?

just to throw the cat amongst the pidgeons....

How much more currency do we have should we want him ( if indeed we do ) now we have pick 11 ?

I don't think it matters now he's nominated Hawthorn as his club of choice... Only chance of him coming to Melbourne I would think would be through the PSD, if there isn't a deal struck between Hawthorn and the Power.

nice post - kudos

I don't think it matters now he's nominated Hawthorn as his club of choice... Only chance of him coming to Melbourne I would think would be through the PSD, if there isn't a deal struck between Hawthorn and the Power.

Most likely scenario is indeed he goes to the sqawkers but it might cost them more in the trade now as Port will think....hmm.. the Dees could part with 11.. what will Hawthorn deal up ?. Makes their dealings costlier I would have thought. As they say...its never over til its over.

It will make no difference as my understanding is he stated he will nominate for the national with a price on his head not the PSD. So in essence Hawthorn can take him with pick 9 regardless.

In fairness, at the time the Brisbane Bears were a basket case, in a very big way. I'd have made the same decision at the time in Buckley's shoes too, and to be honest, I doubt it's all that high on his list of regrets, even without the premiership he would crave.

It will make no difference as my understanding is he stated he will nominate for the national with a price on his head not the PSD. So in essence Hawthorn can take him with pick 9 regardless.

Yes, I read that too (national draft). The problem he has is his asking price, and picks before 9.

The hawks can only pay him $450K due to SC (he's OK with that). If he nominates $450K, plenty of other clubs (including MFC) would jump at that. If he nominates, say $700K (apparently that's his 'market' price), the hawks can't afford him.

And, theres plenty of picks before the hawks 9 anyway. Richmond, for example. Bourgoyne would be a good fit there, especially with Hardwick as coach. And there's North & the swans.

Indeed - it's a powerful change to the rules to make the contract expire pre-National draft and allow players to nominate in there with a price. It's going to make Trade week more active and reduces the power of the PSD, particularly PSD 1 - quality players will not get through to the PSD unless they want to go to a club with an early pick. This Burgoyne case is an excellent example, PSD 1 for Burgoyne is a total no-brainer but an early ND 1st rounder is serious ju-ju. As you point out if Port refuses the Hawks pick 9 then they will end up with nothing and Burgoyne still has an excellent chance of getting to the Hawks.

Meanwhile we can huff and puff about PSD 1 but it doesn't mean much (e.g. to Port and Burgoyne who will go into the ND) unless it's a club with a player who wants to come to us - that player can threaten to by-pass the ND and go straight into the PSD. I'm assuming that this is still allowed? I recall last year that a special exception had to be made for Liam Jurrah to nominate for the PSD when he didn't nominate for the ND but I'm assuming that only applies to "new" players not to out of contract players. If it applies to out of contract players too then the PSD is a dead-duck and may as well be ditched.