Who will we take with Pick 2?

Guest straussski

This isn't a dig at all but i believe even if you test as a fast runner doesn't mean its going to translate on a football field. Have a look at Kane Tenace. They said with the right training he could have ran in the 100m competitively on the footy field he is a slug. Don't get me wrong i love this kid and i have all the faith in him but i dont think Jack Watts will ever translate his speed onto the footy field

Yeah, I agree with you -- but it still didn't stop Geelong from taking Tenace at pick... uhh.. 8 i think it was? or maybe 10? (and he's useless)

But even if it doesn't translate onto the footy field, I believe recruiters still place stock in these results.

Its not unreasonable to expect that if the kid has the raw tools for that sort of pace, that he can't be taught to use it on the field if he doesn't already.

It could be seen as backing your coaches in to get the best out of a player.

Edited by Enforcer25

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenace IS fast. His pace does translate onto the footy field.

He has shocking hands and is a shocking kick, but his speed is great. Just because he's crap doesn't mean he's slow.

i beg to differ...

Tenace IS fast. His pace does translate onto the footy field.

He has shocking hands and is a shocking kick, but his speed is great. Just because he's crap doesn't mean he's slow.

Yeah, actually I agree with that, his pace does show.

Its his other qualities that make him an ordinary footballer.

Yeah, actually I agree with that, his pace does show.

Its his other qualities that make him an ordinary footballer.

Haha.. blistering 100m runner? or just faster then average? Jack Watts? I'm just saying i would rather take a footballer then a athlete at pick 2. Get creative after the first round.

Guest delicious jurrah coffee
Haha.. blistering 100m runner? or just faster then average? Jack Watts? I'm just saying i would rather take a footballer then a athlete at pick 2. Get creative after the first round.
footballers are athletes enforcer25, soz champ i mean CK,i been reading these post with interest in the last 6mnths and im happy to say im glad none of you people work in the recruitment department,no offence to anyone. :blink:

footballers are athletes enforcer25, soz champ i mean CK,i been reading these post with interest in the last 6mnths and im happy to say im glad none of you people work in the recruitment department,no offence to anyone. :blink:

True, but I also doubt most posters would be so flippant regarding trades and players if they were actually in a position of power over these decisions.

Its all to be taken with a grain of salt as anything we write is of little consequence.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
I see absolutely nothing wrong with letting it be known that I find it painful to see ANOTHER thread dedicated to who will be picked 2nd.

I didn't make a personal attack and I don't think I'm doing MFC any favours - just myself cos I don't want to see the forum cluttered with repetitive posts.

A little research before posting never goes astray.

My reply wasn't directed at any particular response or person in this thread rather it was an observation on the patronising manner some of the posters have on the site in general. I agree that multiple threads on the one subject are annoying but they are hardly the end of the world.

If you would like to be patronised and insulted - go to Demonology.

Otherwise, quit with the gratuitous preciousness.

Ology? No thanks. Funny read from a distance but I've got 3 kids so I get all the lunatic conversations I need without joining in those ones. But I didn't mean to throw a hand grenade into the room. I was just calling it as I saw it.

I apologise if this has been posted already, but surely, surely whoever we get with Pick 2 must wear number 13 on their back next year. Afterall, if it wasn't for the number 13 from Richmond, we wouldn't be getting that player.

Guest delicious jurrah coffee
I apologise if this has been posted already, but surely, surely whoever we get with Pick 2 must wear number 13 on their back next year. Afterall, if it wasn't for the number 13 from Richmond, we wouldn't be getting that player.

wouldnt it be wise to give a player a number they can make there own, if you give scully 9 how many are walking around with that number, if you give him a number thats not worn,the club makes money.

hehe clever, i like your idea. A tribute to J Mcmahon...

Ology? No thanks. Funny read from a distance but I've got 3 kids so I get all the lunatic conversations I need without joining in those ones. But I didn't mean to throw a hand grenade into the room. I was just calling it as I saw it.

I'm still not certain of what you have seen.

Pfft! Nobody is allowed to have an opinion that doesn't match the "million poster" brigade. This isn't a forum. This is a kinder playground where you have to be in with the cool kids or you will be insulted and teased. I long for the day that I have 38,000+ posts so that one of the old timers will lean over and say "Son, you've made it. You are one of us that has an opinion on everything and as a sign of your manhood we will reply to a post of yours without being patronising bastards."

*Apols to the people who post often and politely (you know who you are) and no apols to the others (you know who you are).

On topic - Dustin Martin is well worth a look. Good on both feet so a good draft camp showing should put him right in the mix.

Well said!! Very true words about this forum!

Every one has an opinion and has there right to say what they think.

Too many people get attacked for just having one, personally i couldn't care less what people think, weather you have posted 1000 times or 3 who cares.

There are plenty of "experienced posters" who have some strange opinions, an opinion none the less.

Too many people get attacked for just having one, personally i couldn't care less what people think, weather you have posted 1000 times or 3 who cares.

There are plenty of "experienced posters" who have some strange opinions, an opinion none the less.

agreed.

Indeed col=sk, agree. Some posters may also take things the wrong way and mis-interpret another.

Now back on topic. Does anyone think there will be another Pick 2 thread by the end of this week? I reckon it's a certainty.

no offence, but i reckon your idea sucks, i think you are taking this "jordan mcmahon" thing a bit too far. He may have helped us get pick 2, but it was the FD's decision to take the option of going for the pp.

:D

no offence, but i reckon your idea sucks, i think you are taking this "jordan mcmahon" thing a bit too far.

Maybe just recognition. Jordan Mcmahon award for best young talent or the Jordan McMahon award for volunteers who provide great service to the club.

This is probably of no surprise to anyone but I have it on about the highest possible authority that pick 2 will defintely be Trengove or Morabito. The decision has not yet been made between the two.

in an article on afl.com.au titled "First 13 picks in draft decided"

it stated that :

"So far, West Coast, Hawthorn and Melbourne have indicated that their first round picks are tradeable".

surely thats a typo?

I highly doubt are first round pick is tradeable???

in an article on afl.com.au titled "First 13 picks in draft decided"

it stated that :

"So far, West Coast, Hawthorn and Melbourne have indicated that their first round picks are tradeable".

surely thats a typo?

I highly doubt are first round pick is tradeable???

They said, 'never say never. only if the right deal comes up. but highly unlikely"

so it's not really up for trade