Wolfmother

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hangon007
I'm just not sugar coating it.

You are delusional if you think the swans have even a vague interest in either of those 2.

Consensus says this draft WILL be shallow. So do the facts.

You're right - balance is a concept few understand. Obviously least of all you.

... facts ... or your opinions? Well let me guess???

Dont get confused "sunshine" just because its your opinion that dont make it a fact. ;)

You are delusional ... thanks for that ... I wont say what I think you are. ;)

Clint is not the worst player going around and there have been a few whispers that a couple of clubs might be interested in him. One of these is supposed to be the Saints and you will recall that he played pretty well in the last game against them.

In answer to your question yes, there may be competition for him. While saying that he will not bring a big price.

Any whispers on what other clubs might be interested Redleg. Ie Swans, Port, North?

Guest hangon007
Clint is not the worst player going around and there have been a few whispers that a couple of clubs might be interested in him. One of these is supposed to be the Saints and you will recall that he played pretty well in the last game against them.

In answer to your question yes, there may be competition for him. While saying that he will not bring a big price.

Ok well thats contrary to Enforcer25 opinions ... do you have a source?

Edited by hangon007

Any whispers on what other clubs might be interested Redleg. Ie Swans, Port, North?

There were whispers that Swans since Hall, Barry and O'Loughlin have finished might look at Miller and with Crouch gone could look at Valenti and Hawks also might be interested in Miller. Port without Lade and with 31 year old Brogan could look at Jamar and Bell has been also mentioned.

As I have said before most of these whispers are usually just that and don't end up eventuating because of various factors not the least being the salary cap or the need to draft young players and rebuild lists.

Buckley shouldnt go.

He's a talent: he's very fast, has a strong body and has a very long kick. He would give support to the 4 tall defenders Melbourne has.

He has only been given about half a season to show what he's got (2008) and he got an average of 24 disposals with a high of 32 against west coast.

I feel he should be given another year at least.

Edited by Bucks-Fan

Buckley shouldnt go.

He's a talent: he's very fast, has a strong body and has a very long kick. He would give support to the 4 tall defenders Melbourne has.

He has only been given about half a season to show what he's got (2008) and he got an average of 24 disposals with a high of 32 against west coast.

I feel he should be given another year at least.

Has OP.

If delisted, he will be RL if no-one else picks him up.

There is one thing for certain in all of this and that is, if we don't trade a few players and free up some spots, some unlucky boys are going to be delisted. I say unlucky because we have some boys contracted who may have been the ones to be delisted, but for their contract.

MFC is going to have to take a rather cold and hard look at some players. Those who have been peripheal and unable to break into the list at times when Ronald Mcdonald would have got a game if available , whether its due to perennial injuries or potential that is slower to realise than a wowsers shout must surely be on the endangered list.

More kids are coming through and room must be made. Rough ? hard ? unforgiveing ? probably.. necessary...absolutely !!

We are not kids collecting cards.. its not the mob with the best gathering of nearly and could be's thats going to win. Its time to get down to the nitty gritty!! <_<

There is one thing for certain in all of this and that is, if we don't trade a few players and free up some spots, some unlucky boys are going to be delisted. I say unlucky because we have some boys contracted who may have been the ones to be delisted, but for their contract.

Too true

... facts ... or your opinions? Well let me guess???

Dont get confused "sunshine" just because its your opinion that dont make it a fact. ;)

You are delusional ... thanks for that ... I wont say what I think you are. ;)

Ok Princess, have a look at the facts relating to what makes this draft shallow. At one stage I questioned it too, until I took a proper look and realised a 3rd of the players that would normally be available have been excluded and made available only to GC17.

And its my opinion you're delusional if you think Sydney want our second-rate flankers

the swannies have delisted 6 players so far, and its highly unlikely that they will pick up that many in this years draft. They also have a habit of getting the best out of "second-rate flankers". Paul Roos has constantly stated that his team cant afford to bottom out, and players like bartram or bell could be a solution to their list problems.

Bail-give another year to prove himself. KEEP

Bartram- possible delist, due to poor skills and size

Bate-important. KEEP

Bell-delist or trade, struggles to get games, with people like Garland and Cheney improving will be hard for him to retain place

Bennell-good prospect just needs more strength. KEEP

Blease-unlucky injury and expect him to show something next season. KEEP

Bruce-age is catching up. KEEP

Buckley-had injuries, like his run and carry, lucky to retain place.

Cheney-showed signs to be good player. KEEP

Davey-best player. KEEP

Dunn-hard worker, but will struggle to get games with our growing midfield

Frawley-important. KEEP

Garland-his ability to play on tall and small forwards is important to our team. KEEP

Green-veteran who is still a top5 player at club. KEEP

Grimes-going to be a star, future captain. KEEP

Jamar-please don't trade, has shown big improvements. KEEP

Jetta-promising debut season, just gets owned in contests and kicking can be misdirected. KEEP

Johnson-personally, he's a good 2nd ruck option and should stay due to lack of good rucks in the draft could be traded.

Jones-like his work ethic and desire to win posessions, kicking needs improvement. KEEP

Jurrah-x-factor, who hopefully shows many more tricks next season. KEEP

Maric-possible for a trade, with midfield stocks rising, but is a great kick so thats a reason he should stay

Martin-if he plays forward delist him, only can play ruck and back. KEEP

McLean-very slow, but a must keep midfielder. KEEP

McNamara-apparently homesick so could make list space but if not homesick keep.

Meesen-with another 4 ruckmen around finds it hard to keep spot.

Miller-trade or delist, very lucky to retain spot on list.

Moloney-great return year from injury. KEEP

Morton-improving each year, just needs to spend time in the weights room. KEEP

Newton-delist or trade unless big improvements occur

Petterd-good return from bad 2008. KEEP

Rivers-key defender who's best form usually results in melbourne wins. KEEP

Strauss-same as Blease

Sylvia-breakout season and should play HFF next season. KEEP

Warnock-gets better and better, he and Frawley are important for our future. KEEP

Watts-weights room and should follow Nick Riewoldts routine and game play. KEEP

Wonaeamirri-exitement machine, each dees supporter hopes he can play a big role next season. KEEP

ROOKIES

Healey-haven't seen enough from him.

Hughes-unsure

McKenzie-another ranga who's shown promise in his games this season, possible promotion to senior list.

Spencer-worst kick, stay on rookie list or be promoted.

Valenti-hard working player who is either going to stay or go, possible promotion to senior list.

Zomer-struggles to get games for Casey Seniors, delist.

Edited by jurrahcane

Richmond, for pick 44 when they had gained 26, Shaw along with 61 for 46, pick 42, pick 48, pick 59 and Callan with pick 66 for pick 62.

Only McMahon went below pick 42, and that's because only Richmond would have picked hiim up.

With that history, it'd be nigh-on impossible to see Bell, Bartram or Newton getting a second round pick!

Forget about history. It is impossible to see those 3 getting us a 2nd round pick no matter how you package it. Bell will only leave if we trade him for pick 90. I would seriously doubt that anyone would pick up Bartram and no one would pick up Newton or Valenti. Miller could be the only one worth a pick between 40-60 only cause he has rarely been used at CHB and a lot of people still remember the game he played against Hall even then it's doubtful that he would get us a pick that high.

Absolutely.

Guest hangon007
Ok Princess, have a look at the facts relating to what makes this draft shallow. At one stage I questioned it too, until I took a proper look and realised a 3rd of the players that would normally be available have been excluded and made available only to GC17.

And its my opinion you're delusional if you think Sydney want our second-rate flankers

Good to see you're starting to learn the difference between a fact & an opinion ... :lol:

Now you need to learn the difference between quantity and quality ... maybe a slightly more difficult concept for some to grasp.

Guest hangon007
What is the go with Bartram? does anyone have 'official' news on his future?

Official he is still on the Demons list. No more moves being made until after trade week.

Would suggest he is a required player at this stage.

Unless an uncontracted (not to be re contracted) player is deemed not worthy by the Club to be put up on the trade table, I cant see any player being delisted until after trade week.

There is nothing reliable to suggest either way that soon to be out of contract players like Bartram, Miller and Co will be required or not until post trade time.

The rest is idle speculation.