cooko

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it might be in another thread already

but Tiges look set to pick Martin and Bombers a mid too

Link: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tige...f-1225782480791

so depending on North picking cunnington/rohan/butcher and if port get pick 9 from hawks... we will be looking good to getting butcher

but that is a lot of maybes!

Guest Watts=Saviour

Melbourne - Scully & Trengove.

Richmond - Martin

Freo - Morrabito

West Coast - Lucas

They're the ones that i think are almost certain to happen.

Melbourne - Scully & Trengove.

Richmond - Martin

Freo - Morrabito

West Coast - Lucas

They're the ones that i think are almost certain to happen.

lucas is no certainty to west coast. they're all over jetta and have said they want a crumbing forward... jetta can def play across half forward and crumb the packs

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tab...00/default.aspx

Draft watch: the 17 most likely

Aaron Black (Western Australia/Peel Thunder)

Now looms as a genuine first-round pick. The athletic, high leaping, tall forward has shot into calculations in the second half of the season – akin to Geelong's Mitchell Brown last year. He was strongly sounded out at the NAB AFL Draft Camp.

John Butcher (Vic Country/Gippsland Power)

Earlier this season the key forward was regarded as a potential No.1 and almost certain top three pick. He has slipped in the pecking order, although he still looms as a first-round pick, it will be fascinating to see where he gets picked.

Jake Carlisle (Vic Metro/Calder Cannons)

The key defender/forward had an outstanding finish to the season, which has lifted his status in the pecking order. Carlisle possesses strong hands and good foot skills. But it is his ability to play at both ends, which makes him a strong first-round prospect.

Travis Colyer (Western Australia/Claremont)

An extremely quick small man, Colyer has been likened to John Platten in his style of play. He is also a clever goalkicker. An All-Australian in this year's NAB AFL under-18 championships, he has risen up the rankings in recent times.

Ben Cunnington (Vic Country/Geelong Falcons)

Recruiters love Cunnington, a tough-as-nails utility who appears to have risen again and now looks set to be a top five selection. It's hard to see him slipping past No.5 (North Melbourne). He is regarded as a genuine AFL player.

Lewis Jetta (Western Australia/Swan Districts)

The 20-year-old is a monty to be the first 'mature' age player selected in this year's pool. His stocks keep rising and it would not surprise if he was selected by West Coast Eagles at No.7. He is related to Essendon's Leroy and Melbourne's Neville.

Kane Lucas (Western Australia/East Fremantle)

The midfielder had an outstanding finish to the year and now looks certain to be claimed in the top 10. He played seniors in the WAFL this year and was one of the standouts at the draft camp. Lucas looks set to be taken between eight and 10 in the draft.

Dustin Martin (Vic Country/Bendigo Pioneers)

Improved significantly following the under 18 champs – even though he received All-Australian honours – and he is now right in the mix to be claimed at No.3 by Richmond. The midfielder's draft camp results were outstanding.

Jake Melksham (Vic Metro/Calder Cannons)

The ball-winning, stoppage midfielder had an excellent end to the season, winning the TAC Cup Grand Final Medal in Calder's premiership win. He had 24 disposals and seven inside 50s on the big stage. Melksham's overall finals series have pushed him back up.

Andrew Moore (Vic Metro/Eastern Ranges)

He is one of the most versatile players in the draft, having been likened to Adelaide's Andy Otten. Moore, who is the younger brother of Richmond's Kel, has been hovering around the first-round for much of the season and now looks to have firmed even more.

Anthony Morabito (Western Australia/Peel Thunder)

Although he can't be dismissed at No.2 (Melbourne) or Richmond (No.3), at this stage it appears the run-and-carry midfielder will remain in the west with Fremantle (No.4). Some recruiters believe he would not be out of place as this year's No.1 draft pick.

Gary Rohan (Vic Country/Geelong Falcons)

The forward's stocks have risen throughout the year – and with good reason – he is one of the draft's most exciting prospects. Although his form dipped a little late in the season, he impressed at the draft camp, topping the new kicking drill with 77 per cent efficiency.

Brad Sheppard (Western Australia/East Fremantle)

Solid and consistent, Sheppard's prospects have continued to gain momentum throughout the season. He had an excellent under-18 championship and was back-pocket in the All-Australian team. Sheppard also has the ability to play onball.

Tom Scully (Vic Metro/Dandenong Stingrays)

The hard-running midfielder has been touted as the No.1 pick for quite some time now, but at absolute worst will not slip past No.2. Either way, expect Scully to be wearing the red and blue in 2010 and beyond. A recent knee injury limited his draft camp activities.

Luke Tapscott (South Australia/North Adelaide)

Still regarded as the best kick in this year's draft, Tapscott has been compared to Brisbane Lions 2009 NAB AFL Rising Star Daniel Rich. He is a strongly-built midfielder/forward who could be a top 10 selection. He has been very consistent in 2009.

Jack Trengove (South Australia/Sturt)

Did not attend last week's draft camp due to SANFL finals, but his recent form has several recruiters now thinking he should be taken at No.1, ahead of Scully in the draft. The tough midfielder/forward now appears to be one of Melbourne's top two picks.

Troy Taylor (Northern Territory Thunder)

Taylor has immense talent and has been likened to Daniel Motlop. He was right in the mix for Gold Coast – he could've been claimed under its Northern Territory catchment – but at this stage he is in the mix for all clubs, putting him back into the top 17 mix.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

From another board:

And the best player in the draft is also one of the slowest and will not get picked early,

Who is that?

Find out who Melb were talking to Last week, Because he may go to you guys. Has not been rated in the top 10,

Can anyone shed any light on who it might be?

Everyone seems to think that we are going to pick up butcher. I dont know much about cunnington but im sure that essendon will take Butcher with 10 they lost there two key forwards and would need a another KPF asap

They still have Neagle, Daniher, Gumbleton & Laycock who they play forward, add ontop of that Hurley's ability to go forward and the fact that Hillie and Ryder will rotate throught he forward line I think they'd draft Cunnington or Stevens ahead of Butcher if available.

1 - Scully (melb)

2 - Trengove (melb)

3 - Martin (rich)

4 - Morabito (freo)

5 - Cunnington (north)

6 - Rohan (sydney)

7 - Jetta (wc)

8 - Tapscott (port)

9 - Panos (melb)

10 - Lucas (ess)

11 - Black (melb)

18 - Best available KPP or Ruck. Temel/Carlisle? (melb)

34 - Majak Daw

Big opportunity for two KPP if we can get Pick 9. Jamar + McNamara?

Butcher should slide to almost Pick 15. I would rather Panos and Black b4 the Butch.

*bump*

Now that the trade dust has settled, let's get the good ol' Phantom draft cranking up again....

1. Melbourne: Scully

2. Melbourne: Trengove

3. Richmond: Martin

4. Fremantle: Morabito

5. North Melbourne: Cunnington

6. Sydney: Butcher

7. West Coast: Lucas

8. Port Adelaide: Tapscott

9. Port Adelaide: Panos

10. Essendon: Rohan

11. Melbourne: Talia

*bump*

Now that the trade dust has settled, let's get the good ol' Phantom draft cranking up again....

1. Melbourne: Scully

2. Melbourne: Trengove

3. Richmond: Martin

4. Fremantle: Morabito

5. North Melbourne: Cunnington

6. Sydney: Butcher

7. West Coast: Lucas

8. Port Adelaide: Tapscott

9. Port Adelaide: Panos

10. Essendon: Rohan

11. Melbourne: Talia

If it came out like that but the Bombers didn't take Rohan, would you prefer him to Talia?

If it came out like that but the Bombers didn't take Rohan, would you prefer him to Talia?

I'm no expert on the drafts, I've seen a small amount of some players, but otherwise I'm just guessing who'll choose who based on various opinions.

I think I'd take Rohan if it was a choice, also I'd take Butcher if Sydney passed on him and he was available.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tab...00/default.aspx

Tom Scully (Vic Metro/Dandenong Stingrays)

The hard-running midfielder has been touted as the No.1 pick for quite some time now, but at absolute worst will not slip past No.2. Either way, expect Scully to be wearing the red and blue in 2010 and beyond. A recent knee injury limited his draft camp activities.

Jack Trengove (South Australia/Sturt)

Did not attend last week's draft camp due to SANFL finals, but his recent form has several recruiters now thinking he should be taken at No.1, ahead of Scully in the draft. The tough midfielder/forward now appears to be one of Melbourne's top two picks.

It looks just about locked. :) Everyone's pretty much put them in 1,2.

Anyway Neville Stibbard (who's been identifying 17y.o for GC and now WS) was on and mentioned that they've signed up some 17yo for the GC who would've gone top 10 maybe 5 in this years draft.

"Scully and Trengove still would've probably gone 1 and 2 but Josh Toy and maybe Maverick could've easily slipped in 3-5"

Edited by jacey

There is an athletic ruckman Nathan Vardy who I reckon is on our radar. Youtube him. He has very good endurance and moves nicley.

There is an athletic ruckman Nathan Vardy who I reckon is on our radar. Youtube him. He has very good endurance and moves nicley.

if Vardy was still around at 18 id bag him. Dont think he'll last that long though.. still..who knows :D

I'll give it a crack for shits & giggles.

Top 5 pretty much set in stone...

1. - Melb - Scully

2. - Melb - Trengove

3. - Rich - Martin

4. - Freo - Morabito

5. - North - Cunnington

6. - Syd - Butcher

7. - WC - Rohan

8. - Port - Talia

9. - Port - Lucas

10. - Ess - Stevens

11. - Melb - Black

12. - Carl - Carlisle

13. - Adel - Jetta

14. - Syd - Sheppard

15. - Dogs - Christensen

16. - Port - Tapscott

17. - Geel - Panos

18. - Melb - Vardy

19. - Rich - Moore

20. - Freo - Duncan

I thought I would have another look at some of the You Tubes of these guys and the Martin one was just sensational, he is a serious player. Another one was Tapscott I have seen his before but he shows a lot more than Vardy and I would take him at 11 without a worry but I doubt he will still be there. Wouldn't take Butcher on what he's shown so far injuries or not.