• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Phantom Draft

cooko

I am getting in a week early..

This is what I think

Priority pick, Melbourne - Tom Scully - this is pretty clear.. easily the best player in the draft

Pick #1, Melbourne - Jack Trengove - there are too many questions over Butcher, Trengove is a safe choice! I think the Dees will also like the fact that Trengove has a strong mark on him and can easily be used in the forward line if needed. Obviously they will need to do some strong interviews with him to make sure he won't bail back to SA.. infact I think this would be the only reason they would pass on him at 2nd

Pick #2, Richmond - John Butcher - Tigers will love to get a key forward and I doubt they would pass on him after screwing up the Buddy/Roughy draft. They already have Deledio, Cotchin, Tamblings, Tuck, etc in the mid so they will chase Butcher if still available

Pick #3, Fremantle - Anthony Morabito - I think this is fairly clear, Freo need someone like Morabito who possesses the X-factor that will get their team going.. plus he is a local boy so they dont have the risk of him wanting to leave

Pick #4, North Melbourne - Dustin Martin - they may pick Rohan, but I think they will go with Martin. I think he would be a perfect fit for the Roos. He was super impressive in the U18's final (had 20 possies at half time!!) and I thought was close to best on ground. Will be a gun

Pick #5, West Coast - Kane Lucas - Lucas is the obvious choice for West Coast, however after this past week it seems they might even trade it for a small forward. If they are after a small flashy forward.. maybe they should go for Rohan or even Lewis Jetta? Anyway.. Lucas is a gun midfielder.. and from what I saw.. I think he was the best player for WA in the U18's.

Pick #6, Sydney - Gary Rohan - I don't think Rohan will slip too much further.. the red [censored] (who like a father/son rule.. should come to the Dees as we are collecting them) has pace, a big leap, and a clear x-factor about him! I think he is the sort of player that Roos will love to grab in his final year of coaching.. plus with Hall and O'Loughlin retiring and O'Keefe wanting to come home.. they will need some future depth in their forward line!

Pick #7, Port Adelaide - Luke Tapscott - I have heard Port are looking for a ruckman.. but I doubt they will pass on Tapscott! He looks like he is the complete player who can kick goals and play further up the field. He already has a solid body and will be good to go in round 1.

Pick #8, Hawthorn - Ben Cunnington - I was really impressed with Cunnington in the U18 Champs! Works non-stop! Although he is a midfielder, I think the Hawks could add him to their backline which needs some serious work!

Pick #9, Essendon - Koby Stevens - Koby looks like a really solid midfielder and from interviews, appears really mature for his age! Essendon probably want another forward to add to their list after Lucas retiring and Loyd not too far away.. but I doubt they will pass on Koby if he is available

Pick #10, Brisbane - Daniel Talia - I dont have much to support this one.. but after seeing his highlight package on Youtube from the U18 finals.. this guy looks pretty damn good! He could develop as a really handy backman for the lions!

Pick #11, Adelaide - Matthew Panos - i would love to have Panos drop to us at 18.. but I can't see so many teams passing on the U18 All Australian full forward in a draft class that is full of midfielders! (Plus he is a SA local and they will like the stay home factor)

Pick #12, Carlton - Jack Carlisle - I think Carlton might choose Carlisle here as they need some forward help for Fev! They already have their midfield sorted.. now they need a better backline and forward line!

Pick #13, Western Bulldogs - Andrew Moore - Similar to Carlton, they already have an impressive midfield.. so they could use Moore forward

Pick #14, Collingwood - Nathan Vardy - the Pies will probably choose Vardy as a future replacement for Fraser in the ruck

Pick #15, Geelong - Allen Christensen - a ball magnet, i guess geelong will add ANOTHER midfielder to their list

Pick #16, St.Kilda - Jordan Gysberts - The saints will love to get Gysbert if he slips this far down the list.. another mid

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick 17 - Melbourne - Lewis Jetta, Super quick, great skills, XY and Z factor in spades. Will be the next Aaron Davey. If he makes it this far Demons will pick him. Makes Benny and the Jetts a reality.

This is what I think

Priority pick, Melbourne - Tom Scully - this is pretty clear.. easily the best player in the draft

Pick #1, Melbourne - Jack Trengove - there are too many questions over Butcher, Trengove is a safe choice! I think the Dees will also like the fact that Trengove has a strong mark on him and can easily be used in the forward line if needed. Obviously they will need to do some strong interviews with him to make sure he won't bail back to SA.. infact I think this would be the only reason they would pass on him at 2nd

Pick #2, Richmond - John Butcher - Tigers will love to get a key forward and I doubt they would pass on him after screwing up the Buddy/Roughy draft. They already have Deledio, Cotchin, Tamblings, Tuck, etc in the mid so they will chase Butcher if still available

Pick #3, Fremantle - Anthony Morabito - I think this is fairly clear, Freo need someone like Morabito who possesses the X-factor that will get their team going.. plus he is a local boy so they dont have the risk of him wanting to leave

Pick #4, North Melbourne - Dustin Martin - they may pick Rohan, but I think they will go with Martin. I think he would be a perfect fit for the Roos. He was super impressive in the U18's final (had 20 possies at half time!!) and I thought was close to best on ground. Will be a gun

Pick #5, West Coast - Kane Lucas - Lucas is the obvious choice for West Coast, however after this past week it seems they might even trade it for a small forward. If they are after a small flashy forward.. maybe they should go for Rohan or even Lewis Jetta? Anyway.. Lucas is a gun midfielder.. and from what I saw.. I think he was the best player for WA in the U18's.

Pick #6, Sydney - Gary Rohan - I don't think Rohan will slip too much further.. the red [censored] (who like a father/son rule.. should come to the Dees as we are collecting them) has pace, a big leap, and a clear x-factor about him! I think he is the sort of player that Roos will love to grab in his final year of coaching.. plus with Hall and O'Loughlin retiring and O'Keefe wanting to come home.. they will need some future depth in their forward line!

Pick #7, Port Adelaide - Luke Tapscott - I have heard Port are looking for a ruckman.. but I doubt they will pass on Tapscott! He looks like he is the complete player who can kick goals and play further up the field. He already has a solid body and will be good to go in round 1.

Pick #8, Hawthorn - Ben Cunnington - I was really impressed with Cunnington in the U18 Champs! Works non-stop! Although he is a midfielder, I think the Hawks could add him to their backline which needs some serious work!

Pick #9, Essendon - Koby Stevens - Koby looks like a really solid midfielder and from interviews, appears really mature for his age! Essendon probably want another forward to add to their list after Lucas retiring and Loyd not too far away.. but I doubt they will pass on Koby if he is available

Pick #10, Brisbane - Daniel Talia - I dont have much to support this one.. but after seeing his highlight package on Youtube from the U18 finals.. this guy looks pretty damn good! He could develop as a really handy backman for the lions!

Pick #11, Adelaide - Matthew Panos - i would love to have Panos drop to us at 18.. but I can't see so many teams passing on the U18 All Australian full forward in a draft class that is full of midfielders! (Plus he is a SA local and they will like the stay home factor)

Pick #12, Carlton - Jack Carlisle - I think Carlton might choose Carlisle here as they need some forward help for Fev! They already have their midfield sorted.. now they need a better backline and forward line!

Pick #13, Western Bulldogs - Andrew Moore - Similar to Carlton, they already have an impressive midfield.. so they could use Moore forward

Pick #14, Collingwood - Nathan Vardy - the Pies will probably choose Vardy as a future replacement for Fraser in the ruck

Pick #15, Geelong - Allen Christensen - a ball magnet, i guess geelong will add ANOTHER midfielder to their list

Pick #16, St.Kilda - Jordan Gysberts - The saints will love to get Gysbert if he slips this far down the list.. another mid

More than a fair effort there,somewhere else I noted Talia might go top 10...funny you did that too. What will become interesting is that I doubt that the picks wil remain in that club order after trade week. So the new-order will change the colour of picks..i.e differing priorites from clubs ,exactly as you point out. Going to be intersting.

Lewis Jetta has said he wants to go to the eagles...if you watch his youtube clip.

based on what i have seen in the media...last year they said jack watts only weakness is over head...therefore Jack Trengove since he's strong overhead...i read in the paper John Butcher kicked 5 goals on the wkend. So I don't think this is still a done deal...

Lewis Jetta has said he wants to go to the eagles...if you watch his youtube clip.

based on what i have seen in the media...last year they said jack watts only weakness is over head...therefore Jack Trengove since he's strong overhead...i read in the paper John Butcher kicked 5 goals on the wkend. So I don't think this is still a done deal...

From what I read Butcher kicked 3.

This is what I think

Good effort Cooko but if there are too many questions over Butcher then why would Richmond take him at pick 3. You could argue that we are just in much need for a key forward than the tiges.

It would be good if when people do their phantom draft if they could be clear with what their level of knowledge is ie: I have seen a few TAC cup games vs I saw the U 18 championships at Etihad vs I have not seen any play but am basing on you tube clips and what I have read.

This is what I think

Looks a very fair list.

However, Carlton will be very keen to pick up Jetta

... and I'm not sure Talia will be taken as High as Pick #10, nor do I think Tapscott will be taken at #7 (IMHO he's the real slider).

But you never know how it pans out on the day - Good Effort.

I just think they have copped a lot of criticism from their supporters for taking a talented flashy aboriginal player over more proven players such as Rich and i cant seem them doing this again. Time will tell who is right....

Yarran was probably the most skilled player taken last year. It had nothing to do with him being a "flashy aboriginal player" His problem thus far has been his attitude. We've not seen anything like the best of Yarran yet. Carlton have a very very good player on their hands.

Edited by Roost It

Yeh i seriously think Adelaide will take Panos at pick 11.. as it seems their young forward Tippet will be leaving to Gold Coast.. they need another sidekick for taylor walker.. they already have a fairly young steady midfield group going now in vince, dangerfield etc...

but yer i think we have to go the scully/trengrove 1-2.. then take best tall at 18...

thanks for the comments guys!!

Pick 17 - Melbourne - Lewis Jetta, Super quick, great skills, XY and Z factor in spades. Will be the next Aaron Davey. If he makes it this far Demons will pick him. Makes Benny and the Jetts a reality.

i think there is a very good chance we could pick him up.. hopefully Ah Chee slides to our 3rd round pick too ;) (we can dream)

..having said that.. i am not certain the dees will pick Jetta for the simple fact that we dont overly need him! we already have a fair few small flashy players (infact that is probably the one thing we actually have a bit of now).. and there are so many other positions that still need to be filled! We already have Davey, Jurrah, Wonna and even Jetta (neville) is starting to show great signs.. to contradict myself again.. i think you can never have too many flashy players in a team..makes for better viewing! :)

More than a fair effort there,somewhere else I noted Talia might go top 10...funny you did that too. What will become interesting is that I doubt that the picks wil remain in that club order after trade week. So the new-order will change the colour of picks..i.e differing priorites from clubs ,exactly as you point out. Going to be intersting.

thanks! ..yeah i didnt know too much about Talia but i think he has a lot of potential from the limited youtube clips i have seen.. he looks fairly tall for his age and he still has a bit of speed on him.. and what looks to be an impressive handball! but as you said.. i think this trade week will be VERY interested (unlike last year).. hopefully the dees can work some magic and get a few more picks!

Fair effort cooko. Although there will be many positional changes with over a month still to go... :lol:

oh yeh.. i forgot about that :lol:

Good effort Cooko but if there are too many questions over Butcher then why would Richmond take him at pick 3. You could argue that we are just in much need for a key forward than the tiges.

It would be good if when people do their phantom draft if they could be clear with what their level of knowledge is ie: I have seen a few TAC cup games vs I saw the U 18 championships at Etihad vs I have not seen any play but am basing on you tube clips and what I have read.

i think there are a few reasons the tiges would pick Butcher if we dont! he is still regarded as the best tall forward in the draft, he has still been kicking a fair few goals recently and it was well known he was injured during the U18 champs! Also.. i really dont think the tiges will pick another midfielder over Butcher when they already have Deledio, Cotchin, Tamblings, Tuck.. and as i said above.. can you imagine if Butcher becomes a star like Buddy/Roughy and they pass on another star forward.. their fans will go nuts!! I dont think we have as much pressure as they do because we have Watts waiting.. and we didnt make the mistakes they did with Buddy/Roughy :)

Looks a very fair list.

... and I'm not sure Talia will be taken as High as Pick #10, nor do I think Tapscott will be taken at #7 (IMHO he's the real slider).

But you never know how it pans out on the day - Good Effort.

you could be right about carlton.. and i think a lot could sway their pick depending on the possible Yarran to West Coast for their 1st pick rumour. If they hold onto him.. i am not too sure they really need Jetta.. they have Betts and Yarran which could fill a similar role! I think they will want someone like Carlisle who has the potential to become a key forward and can help Fev.. which he really does need! then again you have a really good point that Yarran and Jetta could work well together.. interesting times ahead!

also.. you think Tapscott could slide?? i cant see Port and Adelaide picking a Victorian boy over Tapscott.. or Panos over him as Tapscott is more versatile! ..not to mention all of the other clubs would probably jump on him at the end of the 1st round.. i really hope your right they and we get him in an absolute steal!! :)

you could be right about carlton.. and i think a lot could sway their pick depending on the possible Yarran to West Coast for their 1st pick rumour.

Carlton won't be trading Chris Yarran.

If they hold onto him.. i am not too sure they really need Jetta.. they have Betts and Yarran which could fill a similar role! I think they will want someone like Carlisle who has the potential to become a key forward and can help Fev.. which he really does need! then again you have a really good point that Yarran and Jetta could work well together.. interesting times ahead!

Realistically, Carlton could play Yarran, Betts and Jetta all in the same side - given that they all play different roles.

Betts is the goal sneak, Yarran is being groomed to play as a midfielder, and Jetta looks to be a Kade Simpson/Andrew Lovett type winger/flanker.

I agree that Carlton do need key forward options - but given how important this draft is in terms of being the last of its kind (before GC and WS begin to rape it for talent), Wayne Hughes (Carlton Recruiter) can ill afford to get this selection wrong. Therefore, they will take the best player available and I cannot see them reaching for a player merely because he fills a need.

also.. you think Tapscott could slide?? i cant see Port and Adelaide picking a Victorian boy over Tapscott.. or Panos over him as Tapscott is more versatile! ..not to mention all of the other clubs would probably jump on him at the end of the 1st round.. i really hope your right they and we get him in an absolute steal!! :)

I honestly do think Tapscott will slide, Yes he's a smart player ... and yes he can kick ... but I honestly don't think he offers enough upside or has enough tricks up his sleeve to justify being taken in the first 12 or so.

Hope this helps.

Looks a very fair list.

Do you think Carlisle or Talia will be thereabouts at pick 18?

And what about Colyer, do you think his name will be read out before 34?

At this stage...I'd be *extremely* happy with (assuming no trades): -

1 Scully

2 Trengove

18 Talia or Carlisle

34 Colyer

3 mids; 1 KPF

* * - edit

Edited by High Tower

Do you think Carlisle or Talia will be thereabouts at pick 18?

And what about Colyer, do you think his name will be read out before 34?

At this stage...I'd be happy with (assuming no trades): -

1 Scully

2 Trengove

18 Talia or Carlisle

34 Colyer

3 mids; 1 KPF

Carlisle more probaly than Talia...dount either at 18.. Talia will be snagged by 10 I reckon...shame really

Carlisle more probaly than Talia...dount either at 18.. Talia will be snagged by 10 I reckon...shame really

Debatable, for instance DrJMrH thinks he won't go as high as 10. I think he'll go 1st round fwiw. I suppose I'm just hoping at 18.

edit: like I said I'd be extrememly happy with it (assuming no trades); so more than likely it won't happen..

Edited by High Tower

There's something akin to a dearth of talls (kpp potential types ) at the front end of this years rankings. Some teams need KPP propsects more than others.

Looking at current peggings..and this will change with trade week.. but have to go with this for the moment

Melbourne

Melbourne

Richmond

Fremantle

North Melb

West Coast

Sydney

Port Ade

Hawthorn

Essendon

were not taking talls with those picks ( well hope not ..lol ) so you might think between Richmond,Fremantle,North Melb,West Coast, Sydney and Port Ade, given the delistings and retirements that a tall is going to have to go amongst them, if not two. Talia would be right up there as far as tall propects go.and expect him to go top 10;Thats just my thinking

Edited by belzebub59

From what I've read and seen I think the top 3 is set.

Scully, Trengrove and Morabito, maybe not in that order but that will be the top 3 unless someone kills it at draft camp like Hill did.

Positions 4-8 will go to Butcher, Rohan, Cunnington, Lucas and Martin.

Then there is a big group that could go anywhere from 9-20.

From what I've read and seen I think the top 3 is set.

Scully, Trengrove and Morabito, maybe not in that order but that will be the top 3 unless someone kills it at draft camp like Hill did.

Positions 4-8 will go to Butcher, Rohan, Cunnington, Lucas and Martin.

Then there is a big group that could go anywhere from 9-20.

Rohan Looks fantactic when he has the ball but didn't get it much. He looks one of the best on the old highlight reel but I think he might slide a bit.