youd have to think that last isnt oo good for them..lol

what does everyone think will happen

im thinking

Port will win

we will/might win a close one

Freo will score against the Bombers

Lose against Geelong

giving them one more win...and possibly handing one to us

all things being equal ( or made to look that way ..lol )n we might just get home..

arguably our destiny is not in our hands again... deja vu....all over again :lol:

Actually, our destiny is completely in our own hands.

Freo did not gain a PP last season and therefore would only gain a PP AFTER the 1st round if they qualified for it.

Thus, even if Freo do not win another game for the year, and assuming we only win 4 games and thus also quality for the PP the draft would look like this:

Pick 1- MFC's Priority pick

Pick 2- Freo draft selection 1

Pick 3- MFC

Basically, the only advantage of Freo winning is for MFC to have pick 1 and 2, instead of pick 1 and 3.

Tom Scully is not in doubt unless we win more than 4 games this season

all bets are off if we win two games... one being against freo,,, and if freo dont win any more then they would assume last possie..and get First pick.. so I respectfully disagree..its not really in our hands at all.. we are at the mercy of others results....or desire.

all bets are off if we win two games... one being against freo,,, and if freo dont win any more then they would assume last possie..and get First pick.. so I respectfully disagree..its not really in our hands at all.. we are at the mercy of others results....or desire.

I Hope Bailey Coaches like he did today for the rest of the season. Try Stuff out, Be Bold. So i beleive we do hold our destiny in our hands.

Plus knowledge gained from player positioning could be used positively next year & beyond.

It could be win win if the Footy Dept stays Sharp. Talk to the Players, Tell at least the leadership group what is being done & why.

We must look after the Players at all times.

Who cares about Freo?

1 and 2 or 1 and 3?

It's meaningless. The amount of times number 3 is better than 2 is well documented. It's a lottery with the best 18 year olds because you don't know which will be the best when they are 24.

I just want two of them...

There is too much focus on Freo and not enough on the real risks we are still to encounter

People would be wrong to overlook the danger of the North and Carlton games. Both games are very winnable by MFC and as much as I hate to say it, its going to take some shrewd thinking to deliver the outcomes we want.

There is too much focus on Freo and not enough on the real risks we are still to encounter

People would be wrong to overlook the danger of the North and Carlton games. Both games are very winnable by MFC and as much as I hate to say it, its going to take some shrewd thinking to deliver the outcomes we want.

Tough to get much shrewder than the last few weeks. It seems injuries are helping us. If Morton and Moloney can stay out for a week or 2. Then take out Martin, Rivers, Whelan, Bennel and replace them with McNamara, Bail, Hughes and Buckley. Throw in Newtank, PJ, Valenti and winning is going to be very tough, even against Fremantle. I'm feeling safer by the week. However Carlton are a real danger game, moreso than North.

Carlton are no risk.....they'll want to play finals and will win. Roos...possibly a worry...but Crocker wants a win..and so do the Boners .. Freo is the only real concern...and a likely win.

Carlton are no risk.....they'll want to play finals and will win. Roos...possibly a worry...but Crocker wants a win..and so do the Boners .. Freo is the only real concern...and a likely win.

For the past few weeks....

Carlton had wanted to play finals and have wanted a top 4 spot but...... :o

Crocker has been pushing for a win and his side cant deliver ...... :(

Stay tuned... :mellow:

For the past few weeks....

Carlton had wanted to play finals and have wanted a top 4 spot but...... :o

Crocker has been pushing for a win and his side cant deliver ...... :(

Stay tuned... :mellow:

I agree, to those who are hanging on them, those two losses are not in the bag yet. Having said that, the North game is at TD which will suit them more than us.

Have they been playing Melbourne?

Carlton are far above us on the ladder for a reason.

North is a bona fide danger game though.

It is unlikely perhaps but our 7 point loss to the Bulldogs was an eye opener. Our "list management" will probably be the final factor anyway.

North is a bona fide danger game though.

We had to pull out all stops to get over the line against the tiges (and even then we nearly didn't make it).

North usually aren't that flimsy and with BHarvey and Hmac dominating the ruck, we shouldn't have to go to plan z again.

Swallow, Anthony all playing decent games too. Slight danger so we need to be on our game (Bulldogs '07)

Carlton are downhill skiers. Don't count them out. We need to give them a push.

Edited by jacey

It is unlikely perhaps but our 7 point loss to the Bulldogs was an eye opener. Our "list management" will probably be the final factor anyway.

Let us be realistic - it was a loss, like every game bar three have been this season.

We had to pull out all stops to get over the line against the tiges (and even then we nearly didn't make it).

North usually aren't that flimsy and with BHarvey and Hmac dominating the ruck, we shouldn't have to go to plan z again.

Swallow, Anthony all playing decent games too. Slight danger so we need to be on our game (Bulldogs '07)

Carlton are downhill skiers. Don't count them out. We need to give them a push.

Carlton should be relatively simple, don't tag Judd and Murphy and don't drop back numbers on Fevola. Keep the contest open and let their runners a free reign.

North, similiar tactics. No hard tags and play a zone defence, their small forwards will punch holes through it.

What I would love though is to lose every game except for the last, absolutely spank the Saints, receive a pp, listen to the whinging all the way to the draft.

Edited by Jarka

Under Bailey's stewardship we've won 6 of 40 games at a success rate of 15%, but some think that we'll win 50% of our remaining games even though we're clearly trying to lose and have a lengthy injury list. Yeah right.

Come on down Tom.

Let us be realistic - it was a loss, like every game bar three have been this season.

It was also the Bulldogs who are currently higher on the ladder than Carlton (which seems to be your angle here). Hey, I'm expecting the Blues to beat us as they should but then again who'd have thought we'd get within 7 of the Dogs? It can be a funny old game some times. List management could possibly be the difference.

Their current form is not indicative of ladder position. And Sydney and St Kilda might have challenged that theory

Carlton is definitely a lesser risk than North.

Their current form is not indicative of ladder position. And Sydney and St Kilda might have challenged that theory

Carlton is definitely a lesser risk than North.

true. lets just hope they are playing for something come our game with them. lets hope they need to win to get a home final or something or cement a position etc.

personally and from a selfish point of view i hope and prey we somehow manufacture a loss against north this week so that i dont feel so dirty at the freo game and can actually hope/cheer/barrack for us to win as a loss against north will all but ensure we get a PP

Edited by classy dees

Under Bailey's stewardship we've won 6 of 40 games at a success rate of 15%, but some think that we'll win 50% of our remaining games even though we're clearly trying to lose and have a lengthy injury list. Yeah right.

Come on down Tom.

For me, this ends against NM. We win and the PP is gone. We lose and the PP is ours.

Oh, and I believe you and others had far more faith in DB to do what he has done following the PA game.

I thought he would buckle but he has more cojonies than I gave credit. Must be tough to stay true to the plan with a 6 and 34 record.

Oh, and I believe you and others had far more faith in DB to do what he has done following the PA game.

I thought he would buckle but he has more cojonies than I gave credit. Must be tough to stay true to the plan with a 6 and 34 record.

Dean Bailey is a smart man.

Dean Bailey is a smart man.

Kudos to Bailey. I understand, I sympathise and I wholeheartedly approve.

I reckon Judd has been under a heavy tag in every game since his first, let the Judd run free a la 2007 R22 Travis, that would be great to watch.

The ride has been going for a while now and we've navigated some big speed humps. Even WC fell off the track. Grit your teeth, tighten up your seat belt and hang on. Look away if you can't watch but in Dean we trust.