You know what I love?

melbournefc18

Does anyone read the comments on the Herald Sun website? I love the ones about us when everyones hanging crap on us. Saying we will be lucky to last the next 3 years (in relation to 30yr Casey deal) and should merge lol. People are also very one minded with the constant comments about our supporters going off to the snow. For me personally I never been. I cant wait to see what the comments will be like in 2-3 years or even next year for that matter.

Go Dees

Does anyone read the comments on the Herald Sun website? I love the ones about us when everyones hanging crap on us. Saying we will be lucky to last the next 3 years (in relation to 30yr Casey deal) and should merge lol. People are also very one minded with the constant comments about our supporters going off to the snow. For me personally I never been. I cant wait to see what the comments will be like in 2-3 years or even next year for that matter.

Go Dees

Same here!! I have never been to the snow as i F#$%^&king hate ultra cold weather & would love to see 4WD banned from Cities-Dangerous Beasts they are, as they are only designed for off road.

Who started this Snow season rubbish anyway??

Same here!! I have never been to the snow as i F#$%^&king hate ultra cold weather & would love to see 4WD banned from Cities-Dangerous Beasts they are, as they are only designed for off road.

I've been to the snow twice. Once it was a Year 9 camp for school and another time when our family went for a day trip and MFC were certainly not playing that day.

I strongly dislike 4WDs and agree with the ban or at least a special permit law. They're wanky pieces of [censored] that the majority of the population don't need.

And from my recollection it was Collingwood and Eddie that started the snow season rubbish on The Footy Show, around the 2004 season.

The fact that opposition supporters are beginning to take notice of us and telling us to merge tells me one of two things. 1) either they haven't a clue about football and the MFC in general and/or 2) are jealous and becoming worried about our developing, youthful list and golden board (Jimmy and Schwab included). ;)

Afterall, our club is the one making all the business moves as of late. They're coming out of everywhere.

Go you Demons!!!

Can anyone tell me if the MFC is heritage listed ???

Nope, it isn't. There were whispers about trying to make it listed during last year, but I don't think it went through. We would have heard about it otherwise.

Im loving that other clubs are giving It to us. I want to be hated, It means other clubs envy what we're achieving. Its better than people saying 'who cares about Melbourne they dont stand for anything'.

A long time ago we were the most hated club going around and Im keen for those days to return!

Im loving that other clubs are giving It to us. I want to be hated, It means other clubs envy what we're achieving. Its better than people saying 'who cares about Melbourne they dont stand for anything'.

A long time ago we were the most hated club going around and Im keen for those days to return!

Agreed totally, I don't want to be anyone else's second team AKA Bulldogs.

And from my recollection it was Collingwood and Eddie that started the snow season rubbish on The Footy Show, around the 2004 season.

Go you Demons!!!

No it goes way back further than Eddiewood.

I remember references to it in the late 70's & Eighties. Might have even started in the 50's when we were loathed by all outsiders.

Those days shall return....

Do you know what I love? ..... this whole bloody Footy Club, and the direction it is heading. Great work everyone, from Jimmy down!

No it goes way back further than Eddiewood.

I remember references to it in the late 70's & Eighties.

I'll take your word for that. I don't remember hearing it before McGuire though. I think he definately popularised it in the '90s on the Footy Show and MMM radio. He used to say it often about Hawthorn supporters too. But for some reason it stuck with us.

It bothered me once upon a time. But now I couldn't care less. I just think anybody who makes snow jokes must be a very boring person with very limited comic talents desperately wanting to appear funny.

And to be honest, as an aboriginal person, going to the footy in the 80's and 90's, I had far worse comments directed toward indigenous players to combat in the outer than someone implying I was some sort of snow going toff. Things are better now, but there were times when it was tough.

Anyway, as far as the public perception of our club goes, it just seems you got to have thick skin.

Our club is great. Enough said.

I hate that snow crap too, But look at it this way I would rather be looked at as a Range Rover driving, Congac sipping, snow reveller than a Co##ingwood, Homeless, toothless, inbred, gutter dwelling Knuckle dragger. So it could be worse.

We know what Melbourne is and where we are going, What are we hearing out of clubs like North & the Dogs NOTHING. I know what team I want to be on !!!!

Can anyone tell me if the MFC is heritage listed ???

I was of the understanding that both the MCG and the MCC were eligible for heritage listing. With that, had the MFC joined that group in an official way again then the club would be heritage listed under that umbrella. I could be wrong but that was an impression I got from somewhere. It'd be amazing if we got the heritage listing, merger and relocation talks would cease just because it'd be illegal to do so.

Guest melbman

Go Dees

The best one has been the humble pie that "flipper of Richmond" of "HeraldSun readers comments" fame must have had to eat in rather large servings. It all looked so good until the first bounce of the season :lol::lol:

Rumours coming down the wires are that Melbourne's search for a major sponsor is over, with Visy coming to the party. Dick Pratt was overheard saying "we need to keep someone in the competition that we can beat". Posted by: Flipper of Richmond 9:04am January 28, 2009

DemonDud - sorry mate I was busy yesterday. It's a fairly solid foundation you're dribbling from at the moment, considering you're slagging a team that completely destroyed your miserable lot by a combined total well into 3 figures last year. The media are the ones pumping up Cousins as the saviour - Richmond supporters know that we have recruited enough guns with a few seasons now under their belts to put us in the finals - Ben is just cream on top. Cousins cost us nothing in the draft - we were the only team with enough confidence to get the best out of him, just like you guys did with Byron Pickett - BWAHAHAH. As I said to that other cretin Matt of Crapbourne - when the Demons have won a game (great job on the weekend BTW), turn a profit, get more than 20k fans to a game, stop coming up with naff names for your pathetic plans to resurrect this inept, terminally broke collection of no-names, start posting back on this forum. Until then, stop embarrassing yourself with 9th jokes that are as worn out as the '150 year defence' used as justification to keep the Capinhanders in the comp post 2009. Posted by: Flipper of Richmond 1:39pm February 24, 2009

I'll tell you what I love... in the past, when opposition supporters paid us out, there was really not much defence, because it was all true.

However, there is nothing much to criticize anymore except for our poor match-day attendances.

1. "MFC have no passion"- I think raising $3m in a night from supporters who love our club shows true passion. We are as passionate about our club as any supporters

2. "MFC has no home"- Well, now we do! Casey as a summer home and community link, Olympic Park the in-season training venue and MCG, with the new link to MCC is and always will be our spiritual home.

3. "No sponsors"- well, 2 now actually. Would be up there with the top 6-7 afl clubs in terms of major sponsorship.

4. "No money"- it is very clear to everyone that we are turning our finances around. Thanks Jimmy. Still needs work, but getting there.

5. "no members"- 31,000, thank you very much. Equal to Stkilda, the unbeaton team, and better than Bulldogs, North, Brissy, Sydney etc

We're coming back in a big big way.

Last things that need to happen to complete our turnaround----

1. become so financially viable that we no longer need afl assistance. However, the clear and obvious truth is that if we had a reasonable draw- e.g. 4 Friday night games, and a few Saturday night games... then we wouldn't need afl assistance!!! The stadium deal doesn't help either. If we can manage to get a decent and fair draw, plus get the extra million per year (as offered by the MCG in the revised offer to clubs which was rejected), our finances will be going smoothly.

2. Match-day attendances are still pathetic... that will definitely improve when we have more success on the field. lots of demon supporters are bandwagon...

If we fix these last 2 things then there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON why we shuld ever come up in discussion to merge or absolve.

The best one has been the humble pie that "flipper of Richmond" of "HeraldSun readers comments" fame must have had to eat in rather large servings. It all looked so good until the first bounce of the season :lol::lol:

Rumours coming down the wires are that Melbourne's search for a major sponsor is over, with Visy coming to the party. Dick Pratt was overheard saying "we need to keep someone in the competition that we can beat". Posted by: Flipper of Richmond 9:04am January 28, 2009

DemonDud - sorry mate I was busy yesterday. It's a fairly solid foundation you're dribbling from at the moment, considering you're slagging a team that completely destroyed your miserable lot by a combined total well into 3 figures last year. The media are the ones pumping up Cousins as the saviour - Richmond supporters know that we have recruited enough guns with a few seasons now under their belts to put us in the finals - Ben is just cream on top. Cousins cost us nothing in the draft - we were the only team with enough confidence to get the best out of him, just like you guys did with Byron Pickett - BWAHAHAH. As I said to that other cretin Matt of Crapbourne - when the Demons have won a game (great job on the weekend BTW), turn a profit, get more than 20k fans to a game, stop coming up with naff names for your pathetic plans to resurrect this inept, terminally broke collection of no-names, start posting back on this forum. Until then, stop embarrassing yourself with 9th jokes that are as worn out as the '150 year defence' used as justification to keep the Capinhanders in the comp post 2009. Posted by: Flipper of Richmond 1:39pm February 24, 2009

Where on the Herald Sun website do we go to give this [censored] [censored]? :P

Guest Rojik of the Arctic
Where on the Herald Sun website do we go to give this [censored] [censored]? :P

I would just requote it back to him with a big "Bwahahahahaha!" afterwards.

Flipper would have committed suicide by now! That Diatribe was written in January, Haven't the Tigers kicked on since then.

Death is too good for them...Keep this post. It's a classic...

"Richmond Recruited enough Guns with a few seasons under their belt to put us in the Finals!!!!".....WHERE & WHEN??? Bloody dipstick!!!!

The snow thing has never bothered me. It's just a bit of fun. It's like the Collingwood - toothless thing.

The club has turned itself around financially. We're heading in the right direction. The final part of the jigsaw is a better stadium deal and then we'll be sweet (BTW a better stadium deal will see the roos and doggies gain financial security as well, which is good for the game in my opinion).

Please, please, please people, don't ever believe people when they say Melbourne fans have no passion. That claim is not based on any evidence. However, there is lots of evidence that we are. For example:

* We've just recorded our highest ever membership after our worst season in 25 years.

* One of the club's major sponsors was sourced by a supporter.

* Our supporters raised more money during the debt demolition than any other group of supporters in football history.

* Despite having a fairly low membership, our 'member to supporter ratio' is in the top two or three in the league. The AFL did a survey a couple of years ago working out how many fans each club had. Using this you can work out the ratio of members to supporters. Ours is much higher than Collingwood or Essendon.

Morons like Brian Taylor carry on that Melbourne fans don't care. But does he ever offer any evidence???

The snow thing has never bothered me. It's just a bit of fun. It's like the Collingwood - toothless thing.

The club has turned itself around financially. We're heading in the right direction. The final part of the jigsaw is a better stadium deal and then we'll be sweet (BTW a better stadium deal will see the roos and doggies gain financial security as well, which is good for the game in my opinion).

Please, please, please people, don't ever believe people when they say Melbourne fans have no passion. That claim is not based on any evidence. However, there is lots of evidence that we are. For example:

* We've just recorded our highest ever membership after our worst season in 25 years.

* One of the club's major sponsors was sourced by a supporter.

* Our supporters raised more money during the debt demolition than any other group of supporters in football history.

* Despite having a fairly low membership, our 'member to supporter ratio' is in the top two or three in the league. The AFL did a survey a couple of years ago working out how many fans each club had. Using this you can work out the ratio of members to supporters. Ours is much higher than Collingwood or Essendon.

Morons like Brian Taylor carry on that Melbourne fans don't care. But does he ever offer any evidence???

A load of rubbish. If I ever see Brian Taylor, I`m gonna tell him what we are about. This Monday I want to see the cheersquad going metal, really active, Actually I want every Melbourne supporter Screaming, Abusing, Booing, roaring and saying BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I know I will as I do every game week in week out.

A load of rubbish. If I ever see Brian Taylor, I`m gonna tell him what we are about. This Monday I want to see the cheersquad going metal, really active, Actually I want every Melbourne supporter Screaming, Abusing, Booing, roaring and saying BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I know I will as I do every game week in week out.

We should all being doing this every week...

I reckon it was the Coodabeens who started the snow thing, back in the mid 1980s. It was funny the first couple of times. Rob Sitch, good Dees man that he is, wrote a great piece in The Age at the beginning of the season many years ago. There were some memorable lines in it -- "we threw the party & everyone else are just guests at it", for instance -- but he made the point that there are lines (can't remember the one he used) that show up people who have no sense of humour & snow jokes about the demons are among them. v. tiresome.

I've been to the snow three times -- in 1974 on a school trip & two times to Lake Mountain, which were more like sightseeing.

Hate four-wheel drives.