Lucky Brad Miller has a hot wife

praha

Because when we get a genuine CHF and forward line, his football-less brain will no longer be required at the MFC and he will have to rely on his wife's pay cheque (I assume she gets paid purely for being so attractive and hot).

Honestly, this man's football brain is no where to be seen. He thinks too much when he gets the ball, therefore leading to mistakes. He knows how to lead, but drops sitters (always has) and has never, ever been a consistent (and trustworthy) shot on goal.

Tonight's game was a perfect example. Everytime he gets the ball, even when he is within distance, you see him looking around to pass it off. Then when he is shooting for goal, he almost always gets points.

Arghhh....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller just needs to grow a set and start owning the kicks for goal. I think he is a good solid mark and just needs to get a bit of confidence shooting for goal. I would rather see him kick points then turn the ball over by passing it . If he marks anywhere in and around the 50 he should go back and have a shot.

In all seriousness, he is a lovely lead. He presents well off the forward flank and down the middle and when we are flying out of defence is when he is at his best. But it's as soon as he gets within that 50 arch that he does a complete 180. He has no confidence and has a veteran of the side, I can't see him turning the tide. Unless he plays further up the ground permanently, he will be a constant cancer in the forward line, which I think he is.

Perhaps it's time Brad spent some more time in the garage closer to gameday. He seemed a bit worn and tired today, not to mention fumbly and on edge.

I like Miller but think he'll find himself in trouble if Watts and Jurrah are able to develop and we end up drafting young Butcher. Miller may find himself heading back North at the end of next year?

I dissagree his been our best forward all year.

Suer he doesnt kick asmany s he should, but his presentation and marking has been good.

Fair point but he was down today under the pressure applied by the Hawks makeshift defence. He was better in the second half but I felt that he was floundering early. At one stage, as I watched him drop marks and fumble the ball, I thought he was doing his level best to ensure that the club would secure John Butcher as his replacement next year! :lol:

These crap threads come up at least once a year, because apparently every other Melbourne player is allowed to have poor games, but Miller isn't.

For the record, Miller had 8 contested possessions tonight (out of 14), and worked extremely hard.

He is not an A grader, he never will be, but show me a team that doesn't have a fair few reliable B graders that do their job each week and contribute.

At the end of the day Miller needs quality around him. On his own, he can't be a dominant CHF.

His lack of confidence in his kicking is a big issue, and one that he must rectify, but on the whole he has been one of our best this season and people need to stop using him as a scapegoat.

Highlight poor performances sure, but to say that he is lucky to be getting a game is rubbish. He absolutely deserves his spot in the team, and with a bit more support in the form of a functioning FF line, he will prove to be very important.

These crap threads come up at least once a year, because apparently every other Melbourne player is allowed to have poor games, but Miller isn't.

For the record, Miller had 8 contested possessions tonight (out of 14), and worked extremely hard.

He is not an A grader, he never will be, but show me a team that doesn't have a fair few reliable B graders that do their job each week and contribute.

At the end of the day Miller needs quality around him. On his own, he can't be a dominant CHF.

His lack of confidence in his kicking is a big issue, and one that he must rectify, but on the whole he has been one of our best this season and people need to stop using him as a scapegoat.

Highlight poor performances sure, but to say that he is lucky to be getting a game is rubbish. He absolutely deserves his spot in the team, and with a bit more support in the form of a functioning FF line, he will prove to be very important.

Absolutely correct. End thread!

Did you happen to see some of the supply he was getting. Miller is going to have a crook back from bending over so low.

His consistency is an issue, but the same could be said for half the side. I would like to see a previous champion forward (where are you Lyon or Ox) take him under his arm for a while.

Like our previous fearless captain, he is a confidence player, and is a very valuable addition when going.

I'm not sure if confidence is the issue with his kicking, he's always been a poor goal kicker, nothing new there.

Miller's ok, would stuggle to get a game with any other team, Richmond excluded perhaps.

but the b graders usually are not key position, players who have been in the system this long and still cant kick for goal never will be able too. ala richo, richo has more upside though, ( having said that should retire at years end)if we draft butcher miller will be looking for a new job

For the record, Miller had 8 contested possessions tonight (out of 14), and worked extremely hard.He is not an A grader, he never will be, but show me a team that doesn't have a fair few reliable B graders that do their job each week and contribute.

Beautifully put. I think Brad has been the victim of some overly favourable press early in his career. He is not a star player, never will be, that's not the issue. What is the issue is that out of a pick 55 we received a bloke who busts his ass to present up the ground and provide a link between defense and attack, and is one of the few guys who provides some physicality in and around the forward 50.

Now sure, he is a below average kick for goal. It's a damn shame. Combine his work ethic, marking ability with above average kicking and couple that with the fact that he seems to be a good bloke we would have a bloody impressive asset. But he doesn't. He's the quintessential 'role player' that would be an ideal complement to a more skillful marking key forward and some classy smalls. a 3rd or 4th option. A link man.

Even if you think all that's crap and all he does is take marks on the wing, [censored] himself and gives off a hospital handballs you have to ask yourself the next question, who do we have that will provide a better service to the team. I'm sure there will be plenty of names tossed around, but the fact that none of them got an opportunity before Newton suggests to me that there is no one else.

Even if you think all that's crap and all he does is take marks on the wing, [censored] himself and gives off a hospital handballs you have to ask yourself the next question, who do we have that will provide a better service to the team. I'm sure there will be plenty of names tossed around, but the fact that none of them got an opportunity before Newton suggests to me that there is no one else.

This is not something to be proud of

It's not a matter of him having a crap game, it's his consistent inability to kick goals that any other forward in the competition would nail in their sleep. No side can afford to carry a key forward who can't hit the side of a barn with his kicks. His job is to score goals, not to put in 110% every week, take marks on the lead, give a good effort or whatever else his fans like to say about him. If he can't do that one thing, then he has no place in a winning side.

End the thread Rusty when you have the last word eh? Get your hand off it mate.

This is about debate and personal observations if you hadn't noticed.

I can easily see a successful Melbourne team in three years without Brad.

I don't doubt his grit and passion for the club. But the question is, how many current players are we saying 'surrounded by better players they'll be good'?

Brad would be a perfect fit as VC of the Gold Coast in their formative years.

This is not something to be proud of

I agree 100%, certainly nothing to be proud of. I was expecting most of this thread to be along the lines of 'we cannot continue to tolerate mediocrity'.

My point is that despite his major flaws, people are too quick to dismiss his contributions to the team, and even though a premiership calibre Melbourne side would be unlikely to have a player of Brad's talent as a major player, as of 24 May 2009 there doesn't appear to be any better short or long term options. On a day like today when most of our younger talent made no impact, it's just my opinion that there is a place for a bloke that will provide a (even modest) contribution.

edit: I would 100% be in favour of a Miller trade to GC for reasonable compensation, makes sense for all parties concerned.

Gees he looked good against West Coast at Subiaco when he kicked well and was decisive with the ball and that hard ball get and spin tonight was good, but in general tonight he was like a deer in the headlights everytime he had the ball and his indecision led to handball skill errors. I have never been a fan of him, he is an athlete playing football has no ball skills and has no goal sense. He can lead all day but has never been a great contested mark. What is the point in getting the ball if you can't use it? Good tryer and good clubman but will not be at the club when we start winning regularly.

Miller is the reason we are on the bottom CHF's are suppose to posses skill, poise and football smarts they are suppose to be your best footballers he has none of those abilities he is a pathetic footballer drop him for Watts immediately. Miller should not be in our best 22 and if he is we will continue to be [censored]. Gold Coast bound is Miller if they are that crazy to take him.

but the b graders usually are not key position

That's the point though, Miller is NOT a key position player.

He needs two other strong talls around him, and he needs to be the third target. I'd certainly have him over Bate as a third tall, because at least he is agile enough to pick the ball off the deck and run.

In the same manner that Rivers is not a key position player, and is a lot better as a third defensive tall, the same can be said for Miller.

Just because someone isn't suited to a KP role, does not mean they are a bad player. Miller handballs deep in attack too much due to a lack of confidence, but we have seen him nail some big goals, and he rarely gets beaten one on one.

Had Bate and Robbo both kicked those goals, he would have had 2 extra goal assists next to his name and everyone would be happy.

Once Brad has the footy in his hands he has as much instinctive idea what best to do to do with it as Al Nicholson. Other than that I offer no criticism.

Miller played his best game on a rampaging Barry Hall. Miller is a key defender - nothing else.

He played his best game against the Saints several years ago at the MCG, he had space on the wing between centre and CHF and fed the ball to Neitz beautifully, marking and running. It was a delight to watch. As Jaded said, one on one in space, he'll usually win. Just now, he's totally down on confidence.