Partners

AzzKikA

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

Kids don't need o follow their parents team.

They don't need to eat the same food or enjoy the same comforts as their parents .

They can choose to be Mavericks and choose to follow Hawthorn, choose to sleep in the garden shed and eat from the rubbish.

Of course he can Biff but I'd love him to enjoy supporting the Dees and be able to take him along. I loved going with my old man.

• Like 1

Well, I can confirm one win for the women's team already.

She had come to a few games (her first game of AFL was Demons v Tigers on Anzac Eve, that went well) and was positive about it all but was a long way from making it a personal interest of her own, rather than just a thing of mine that she'd come to when she felt like it.

I'd been telling her about the new women's league with great pride for months, and she was happy and all, but still, not personal. Then during the 'all-stars' Demons-Dogs game a few weeks ago, I turned the laptop to her to share, thinking it would just be a few minutes of 'hey, that's cool, ok'. She was really into it, she was barracking for the jumper and emotionally attached. There was a sparkle in her eyes, a kind of 'it really is real' moment. 

I think over coming years we'll actually see a few supporters who are first and foremost women's team, and who 'also barrack for the men, since they are also Demons and I'm Red & Blue'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biffen said:

They don't need to eat the same food or enjoy the same comforts as their parents .

They can choose to be Mavericks and choose to follow Hawthorn, choose to sleep in the garden shed and eat from the rubbish.

Child raising advice from Biffen! FMD!!!

A homeless and helpless procurer of women and a drug dealer. FMD!!!

FMD before you know it the [censored] will have some sort of parenting 101 on facebook. FMD!!!

His spawn are all unknown to him! FMD!!!!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Child raising advice from Biffen! FMD!!!

A homeless and helpless procurer of women and a drug dealer. FMD!!!

FMD before you know it the [censored] will have some sort of parenting 101 on facebook. FMD!!!

His spawn are all unknown to him! FMD!!!!

you should have been a poet, bitters, love your prose

• Like 2

On 9/16/2016 at 6:47 PM, Biffen said:

Correct, if they chose to follow Whorethorn, you are choosing to also eat out of the garbage and sleep in the garden shed.

• Like 1

My wife has no interest in the football at all. I have tried to get her involved but it just doesn't happen.

In fact she's happy for me to go to the games or travel interstate and get on the beers as she knows it helps with switching off.

On the other hand 2 of my best friends have been going to the football together for 40 years. Passionate North fans.

Started out cans of Vic and pies in the outer together.

Now they take their 3 kids to games all around the country making a real family event of going to the football.

They have watched 3 premierships together.

Its a beautiful thing and I know which one I would prefer.

50 minutes ago, tilly18 said:

My wife has no interest in the football at all. I have tried to get her involved but it just doesn't happen.

In fact she's happy for me to go to the games or travel interstate and get on the beers as she knows it helps with switching off.

On the other hand 2 of my best friends have been going to the football together for 40 years. Passionate North fans.

Now they take their 3 kids to games all around the country making a real family event of going to the football.

They won't have a club much longer. I know which I'd prefer. :P

On 9/23/2016 at 8:52 AM, tilly18 said:

Yeah that makes me feel a little sad for you.

Then I think of the complete disinterest my wife shows sometimes when at the games and I think sometimes it would be better if she wasn't there LoL.

5 minutes ago, radar said:

Onshore - offshore.  End of rotation, generally on board

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 10.18.53 am.jpg

Now I am confused. As Pauline Hanson would say, "please explain"

I checked my scarves and for some reason yours look better than mine.

Edited by ManDee

11 minutes ago, AzzKikA said:

Dirty old man....

Ex wife says same thing.  

Most of these girls never stood in front of DSLR  - they're the ones " urging me on."Not into that actually, so sorry, no more photos.

Girlfriends all practising professionals;  Artist, receptionist, engineering student and school teacher  

I leave  bar girls - pole dancers for the roughnecks and roustabouts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, radar said:

Ex wife says same thing.  

Most of these girls never stood in front of DSLR  - they're the ones " urging me on."Not into that actually, so sorry, no more photos.

Girlfriends all practising professionals;  Artist, receptionist, engineering student and school teacher  

I actually wasn't calling you a dirty old man radar, it was directed at  @Cards13 for his comment:

15 hours ago, Cards13 said:

.... The only pics radar?

Oh and I forgot that @Bitter but optimistic was the dirty old man of this forum.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, radar said:

Ex wife says same thing.  

Just glad to see you have been able to get involved with the local culture and impart some "good Aussie culture" across the other way Radar. Fine ambassador by the looks of things.