The big question.

Carn dees

Will we win more than Four games?  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its the big question that everyones talking about. Lets talk about it in a more meaningfull way rather than asking weather you want to or not. Because i hate talking about how i want us to win no more than 4.

Tomorrow is such a big day in so many ways.

Agree, the period between now and round 15 are our biggest days of the draw. We can't afford to win many games for our future, cause in the last 7 weeks we have games against North Melbourne, Richmond and Fremantle we are capable of winning. If we don't win any games over the next 9 weeks then we're safe but if we win one or two we'll have some interesting games come later in the year.

We can't afford to win many games for our future, cause in the last 7 weeks we have games against North Melbourne, Richmond and Fremantle we are capable of winning. If we don't win any games over the next 9 weeks then we're safe but if we win one or two we'll have some interesting games come later in the year.
I cannot see us winning for some weeks yet based on form. A 1-11 result after 12 rounds is very much on the cards.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

As long as the losses are real losses then I don't care. If we throw games then I will be deeply unhappy with the club. No player is worth selling our soul for.

As long as the losses are real losses then I don't care. If we throw games then I will be deeply unhappy with the club. No player is worth selling our soul for.
The team won't be throwing games.

1. As long as the losses are real losses then I don't care.

2. If we throw games then I will be deeply unhappy with the club. No player is worth selling our soul for.

1. I do, but if we continue to play with the endeavour and spirit that we have shown for most of this year, and our kids continue to improve, then the losses won't be so hard to handle.

2. Totally agree, but it won't happen!

I want us to win win win, but in reality we just need to show commitment and improvement. I hate to say it but get the priority picks, suffer the pain now and reap the rewards for years and years to come as a power house.

with our 3 best defenders out we will struggle for a while now. Our back line has been a rock and unfortunately yesterday it was craked. On the up we should see a few others now get a chance. Is Mcnamara ready for Snr football?

we will win 4 ;)

judicious and careful injury management ( read List management ) will assure us of our due desserts :)

with our 3 best defenders out we will struggle for a while now. Our back line has been a rock and unfortunately yesterday it was craked. On the up we should see a few others now get a chance. Is Mcnamara ready for Snr football?

Probably won't get a better opportunity for a debut, than right now. He's worth having a look at now over the next several weeks.

The next game that I would say we would be, from an objective viewpoint, a realistic chance would be against West Coast at the G in Round 14. Following that, Rounds 18-20 are Richmond, North and Freo, with Richmond and Freo at the G. Say if we win two out of those four games, and have one other upset win: I can't see us feasibly winning more than that.

After last weekend, we're less than a 50-50... but somewhere in there this season we'll win one, maybe two that we shouldn't... Against a down-and-out Hawks or something like that. With the important players out from our list right now, we are looking pretty grim... Garland, Rivers, Frawley etc all still in and it's a different answer.

Thankfully, Richmond will boot Wallace, and play better under their caretaker coach, who will get Cotchin back in. So I'm still confident they'll finish above us.

we will win 4 ;)

judicious and careful injury management ( read List management ) will assure us of our due desserts :)

Would it be negligent for the club to win more than 4 games?

The team won't be throwing games.

Well we don't really need to......

I hope we can win four, but five would unfortunately be a travesty :rolleyes:

Probably......

Maybe.

It would be a source of consternation for some. Winning five would indeed be cruel.

I am of the belief we arent good enough to win five and will probably win three or four. But watching our performance on Sunday in Perth, it also wouldn't surprise me if we win one or two we're not expected to along the way. Time will tell.

In the end, we win as many as we win and we get the picks we get. Hopefully we can have a successful season with much improvement and development of our list, pinching a win or two along the way. Four wins sounds about right and is the best result.

The constant speculation and ongoing anxiety about the number of games we win is however, becoming tiring. Try and enjoy the games without worrying about whether winning is in our best interests or not.

I have a sneaking suspicion that our young guys are getting better a little too fast. West coast, Fremantle and Richmond are all weak sides and I think we may beat them all (assuming we play Richmond and WC again). All it would take from there is one upset against someone like North Melbourne or the Hawks and we've thrown our priority picks away.

Did anyone else notice during the final quarter against WC that when we were overhauling them DB pulled our two best mids off the field? ^_^

considering the next 5 years-yes. And i am someone who wants to win, but i will bite my tounge this year to get good draft picks & Game time into all our young kids.

Next year & Beyond i want wins at all costs.