• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Meese

Tony Tea

Disappointing for both Aussie and Meesen, more so Meesen. I would think/hope that he's done enough to stay next year. Jamar and Johnson are going to have to lift their games in the second half of this year as it's possible that they might be fighting it out for one spot on next year's list.

As for Aussie, well, we know what he's capable of, we know he's likely to be in our best 22 once he regains his fitness, and we know he's not going anywhere next year. Never good to have injured players, but let's at least try to look at this one optimistically. As pitmaster said, this gives Maric more time to cement his spot.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing for both Aussie and Meesen, more so Meesen. I would think/hope that he's done enough to stay next year. Jamar and Johnson are going to have to lift their games in the second half of this year as it's possible that they might be fighting it out for one spot on next year's list.

As for Aussie, well, we know what he's capable of, we know he's likely to be in our best 22 once he regains his fitness, and we know he's not going anywhere next year. Never good to have injured players, but let's at least try to look at this one optimistically. As pitmaster said, this gives Maric more time to cement his spot.

Aside from Spencer who needs to show something, Jamar and PJ need to show more than they have to date. I understand Meesen is contracted next year. Meesen's misfortune may be the best thing going for Jamar and PJ.

I'll cut Spencer some slack because he is young and I think there is something to work with there. But our rucks are lamentable and if we had better options to choose from I would not have any of them on our list.

I'll cut Spencer some slack because he is young and I think there is something to work with there. But our rucks are lamentable and if we had better options to choose from I would not have any of them on our list.

Ridiculously tough on a 19 year old 203cm beanpole ruckman that's shown a lot this year - especially his game agaist Hawthorn in the NAB Cup.

Ridiculously tough on a 19 year old 203cm beanpole ruckman that's shown a lot this year - especially his game agaist Hawthorn in the NAB Cup.

Sorry I meant Jamar, PJ and Meesen. :(

I am actually a big fan of Spencer and his prospects. He is a definite keep. But I recognise he is WIP. But IMO he offers more now to MFC than I think the others do.

Guest petjud
Aside from Spencer who needs to show something, Jamar and PJ need to show more than they have to date. I understand Meesen is contracted next year. Meesen's misfortune may be the best thing going for Jamar and PJ.

a quote "most posters on Demonland do not criticise players abilities"......lamentable is that critiicism or just a well know fact aboutr the ruckmen.........Spencer is a work in progress, Johnson is by all accounts 'a part time/backup ruckman, and Jamar is a player who through circumstances has never managed to put a run of games together.....

strange to think that a couple of months ago Meesen was considered a waste space......

Try giving the players a chance, but even then you will find something to criticise.......

a quote "most posters on Demonland do not criticise players abilities"......lamentable is that critiicism or just a well know fact aboutr the ruckmen.........Spencer is a work in progress, Johnson is by all accounts 'a part time/backup ruckman, and Jamar is a player who through circumstances has never managed to put a run of games together.....

strange to think that a couple of months ago Meesen was considered a waste space......

Try giving the players a chance, but even then you will find something to criticise.......

We've won 4 of our last 30+ games for a reason. Year in year out I read supporters lavish praise, or make excuses for players that are simply not good enough. There will be a handful of posters that unreasonably criticize players, but in the main most are very forgiving - too forgiving. Long ago I stopped making excuses for C graders. This club hasn't turned its list over nearly enough since Daniher misjudged our window. Thankfully, this is being redressed by the current footy dept.

There's always a chance that the odd player is judged too quickly and Garland is a case in point, but in the main, most players are given plenty of slack to show their wares. So whilst I cringe at the supporters that write off a player well before is reasonable, I equally cringe at supporters that won't hear a bad word about players who are clearly treading water, or good VFL players at best. I've put up with crap since 1970, so my days of loving all players just because they wear red and blue is long gone. I love them if they're any bloody good. And I set the benchmark high. As all supporters of this success starved club should. I can't understand why so many on here are so easily pleased by the ordinary.

Some on this site are very good judges of talent. And I appreciate when they call it as they see it - although I won't always agree.

You're a pretty pompous, newbie. Fancy calling for posters that obviously had some inside knowledge on Meesen to be banned.

Back in your box for a while.

I'm particularly bummed at the Meesen injury. For a player that most of us had determined would be unlikely to ever see a senior game at the MFC, he certainly was on the right road and was developing a bit of a cult following amongst the faithful. Other injuries we've suffered this season, I've been more or less philosophical about, I mean, what can you do? But this one just plain sucks.

Like others have said, it's a big opportunity for Spencer now. He's very raw but has shown us a little bit early in the season. He has good hands although doesn't seem so sure about how to use them yet which makes him look a little clumsy. Hopefully he can play out the season injury free, knock on wood, and get some games into him.

We've won 4 of our last 30+ games for a reason. Year in year out I read supporters lavish praise, or make excuses for players that are simply not good enough.

Hannabal, 5 of the players that are always under the gun by supporters on this site are forwards in Bate, Sylvia, Dunn, Miller and Newton. Even Davey was under the gun before he was moved into the backline.

Over the past 30+ games, we've had the lowest inside 50s of any team by a considerable margin, primarily because our ball movement is pathetic. And it's my opinion that our ball movement is pathetic because our forward structure is pathetic.

I'm prepared to cut these players some slack until i've seen them perform in a properly functioning team that is playing with confidence.

Guest petjud
We've won 4 of our last 30+ games for a reason. Year in year out I read supporters lavish praise, or make excuses for players that are simply not good enough. There will be a handful of posters that unreasonably criticize players, but in the main most are very forgiving - too forgiving. Long ago I stopped making excuses for C graders. This club hasn't turned its list over nearly enough since Daniher misjudged our window. Thankfully, this is being redressed by the current footy dept.

There's always a chance that the odd player is judged too quickly and Garland is a case in point, but in the main, most players are given plenty of slack to show their wares. So whilst I cringe at the supporters that write off a player well before is reasonable, I equally cringe at supporters that won't hear a bad word about players who are clearly treading water, or good VFL players at best. I've put up with crap since 1970, so my days of loving all players just because they wear red and blue is long gone. I love them if they're any bloody good. And I set the benchmark high. As all supporters of this success starved club should. I can't understand why so many on here are so easily pleased by the ordinary.

Some on this site are very good judges of talent. And I appreciate when they call it as they see it - although I won't always agree.

You're a pretty pompous, newbie. Fancy calling for posters that obviously had some inside knowledge on Meesen to be banned.

Back in your box for a while.

condescending, pompous,argumentative.......you are always quick to add an insult when somebody questions you, I had the balls to apologise when I made an error on the Meesen post...it was easy I got it wrong...perhaps you could grow some yourself and actually answer the points I raised about the three remaining ruckman...using your extensive football knowledge.......but hey that's the easy way out hitting me with a cheap shot isn't it,juCameron Bruce would be proud........then you won't have to put yourself out there and back up your points

I may be a new Melbourne Supporter, but I am not new to foootball having first played it when you started watching it......and I have also watched it for the same lenght of time.so perhaps I could be given a little bit of latitude that I may actually know whtat I am talking about as well....not that it agrees with anybody else of course.........we should be looking forward to this Sunday's game rather than keep looking back.........

keep in mind..those that dont understand the past will be doomed to repeat it as the future !

Guest petjud
keep in mind..those that dont understand the past will be doomed to repeat it as the future !

i......the war to end all wars, we can't let this happen again...it does, the past is the past and we are all human (with the possible exception of a few Collingwood supporters), the club is going forward, it's 2009 season, we can see the improvement....can we drop the 'I remember when' , next important thing is in 3 days time........hopefully we will get a win and then move on to the Bulldogs............we are human beings we never learn from our mistakes......

perhaps you could grow some yourself and actually answer the points I raised about the three remaining ruckman...using your extensive football knowledge

I've seen you say something along these lines a few times...

No one is obligated to address any point you make, let alone each and every post.

If people aren't interested in what you're saying, or perhaps just don't want to engage with you, they won't.

I may be a new Melbourne Supporter, but I am not new to foootball having first played it when you started watching it......and I have also watched it for the same lenght of time.

How do you know when Hannabal started watching football? :o

so perhaps I could be given a little bit of latitude that I may actually know whtat I am talking about as well....not that it agrees with anybody else of course.........

Maybe you could give the same respect to other posters, instead of questioning the footy knowledge of anyone who disagrees with you (which, you suggest, is everyone else).

Guest petjud
I've seen you say something along these lines a few times...

No one is obligated to address any point you make, let alone each and every post.

If people aren't interested in what you're saying, or perhaps just don't want to engage with you, they won't.

How do you know when Hannabal started watching football? :o

Maybe you could give the same respect to other posters, instead of questioning the footy knowledge of anyone who disagrees with you (which, you suggest, is everyone else).

You will see Hannabal quoted 1970 in his post, I try to elicit replies, but unfortunately not many our forthcoming, I assume this is for a myriad of reasons, including it would leave the replier open to other posters to question their answers....I have no problem with this, other posters obviously do..the only thing that peeves me about so called discussion boards, is a poster will come on and make a sweeping statement and not be prepared to back it up or debate it.......if other posters question they I resort to personal insults or not answer at all....so much for the discussion aspect.

I will write something, if somebody questions it I will come back and debate the point, I don't hide behind silence....I really like footy and like discussing it, but I and other posters shouldn't have to put up with personal insults........

Anybody can make a sweeping statement and not back it up, just look at Kevin Rudd, but you need to be able to back it up otherwise you make yourself look foolish or not very knowledgable....which is my point.....

I await any feedback on exactly what is wrong with our three ruckmen in footy terms of course.....

Guest JACKtheRIPPER
You will see Hannabal quoted 1970 in his post, I try to elicit replies, but unfortunately not many our forthcoming, I assume this is for a myriad of reasons, including it would leave the replier open to other posters to question their answers....I have no problem with this, other posters obviously do..the only thing that peeves me about so called discussion boards, is a poster will come on and make a sweeping statement and not be prepared to back it up or debate it.......if other posters question they I resort to personal insults or not answer at all....so much for the discussion aspect.

I will write something, if somebody questions it I will come back and debate the point, I don't hide behind silence....I really like footy and like discussing it, but I and other posters shouldn't have to put up with personal insults........

Anybody can make a sweeping statement and not back it up, just look at Kevin Rudd, but you need to be able to back it up otherwise you make yourself look foolish or not very knowledgable....which is my point.....

I await any feedback on exactly what is wrong with our three ruckmen in footy terms of course.....

toughen up petjud, you dont know what a personal insult is, mate you dont even now the people your debating with, iv had discussions with HT for days, but i dont take it to heart, were all demons get over it champ.

Guest petjud
toughen up petjud, you dont know what a personal insult is, mate you dont even now the people your debating with, iv had discussions with HT for days, but i dont take it to heart, were all demons get over it champ.

It is not the standard of personal insult it is the fact that it was is used to answer a post I found insulting,

some of the discussions you have mentioned are nothing but rants that never say anything except the same thing over and over again.

making sure they bring up the good old days........

to discuss footy is like the following

"Spencer is only young he has shown some good signs, perhaps we should throw him in against Cox and yes he may get monstered but if PJ can step up and give him some assistance it will be a good learning experience for him"

to not discuss footy is

"our rucks are lamentable"

end of discussion

It is not the standard of personal insult it is the fact that it was is used to answer a post I found insulting,

some of the discussions you have mentioned are nothing but rants that never say anything except the same thing over and over again.

Nobody is making you read or post here.

So shut the door on your way out.

Guest petjud
Nobody is making you read or post here.

So shut the door on your way out.

I actually said some of the posts here are rant filled, if the cap fits wear it, other posters are actually interested in discussing footy and the Melbourne Footy Club without constantly ranting about everything that is wrong with the same, so I will self censor from now on, and only read and post so as not to offend the more delicate souls

petjud don't let them get to you, keep on pulling the trigger. The fact you are so new to footy, supporting the MFC and seem to be so passionate about it I find fantastic. A lot of these "people" think they are smarter than the average bear but you don't need to justify yourself to suit others or how they see you on a forum.

I hope your love for club grows and is not diminished but some of the high and mighties on here trying to show you the door instead of trying to encourage the passion you have.

petjud don't let them get to you, keep on pulling the trigger. The fact you are so new to footy, supporting the MFC and seem to be so passionate about it I find fantastic. A lot of these "people" think they are smarter than the average bear but you don't need to justify yourself to suit others or how they see you on a forum.

I hope your love for club grows and is not diminished but some of the high and mighties on here trying to show you the door instead of trying to encourage the passion you have.

i disagree. i don't think anyone thinks they are smarter, nor does anyone on here begrudge anyone else their chance to have a say.

but unfortunately, like life, discussion boards involve interaction with others. when someone turns up, enters a room and introduces him/herself to everyone they have a chane to make an impression. if they are a [censored], carry on, insult people, cause a fuss, and argue for the sake of argueing, people wont like them. just like in real life people don't have to like you.

there are some posters who are a bit gruff, and can be condescending, but who have been around for ages. most of them have proved themselves to be knowledgeable when it comes to footy. the forum will usually take their sides against noobs, especially when the noob carries on in such a fashion.

even the morons who follow y_m from room to room to argue with him don't get that their behaviour is childish and ridiculous and makes almost anything else they say null and void. by the same token, if anyone wants to join in the community, almost everyone here is willing to embrace them, provided you behave within the standards set.

if any poster feels like they are not being treated right they should consider that this is a community, and like any community, you need to learn the order, and earn some respect.

Dammit Aussie got injuried again. Far out that is really frustrating I was realling looking forward to his return, And Meesen is a big loss. Now We have only PJ in the ruck department for this week against the hardest ruckmen of them all "Dean Cox", Hopefully Jamar and Spencer can get back as soon as possible or its gonna get ugly in the ruck.

i disagree. i don't think anyone thinks they are smarter, nor does anyone on here begrudge anyone else their chance to have a say.

but unfortunately, like life, discussion boards involve interaction with others. when someone turns up, enters a room and introduces him/herself to everyone they have a chane to make an impression. if they are a [censored], carry on, insult people, cause a fuss, and argue for the sake of argueing, people wont like them. just like in real life people don't have to like you.

there are some posters who are a bit gruff, and can be condescending, but who have been around for ages. most of them have proved themselves to be knowledgeable when it comes to footy. the forum will usually take their sides against noobs, especially when the noob carries on in such a fashion.

even the morons who follow y_m from room to room to argue with him don't get that their behaviour is childish and ridiculous and makes almost anything else they say null and void. by the same token, if anyone wants to join in the community, almost everyone here is willing to embrace them, provided you behave within the standards set.

if any poster feels like they are not being treated right they should consider that this is a community, and like any community, you need to learn the order, and earn some respect.

hhhmm not trying to single people out but anytime on any forum anyone calls out a "newbie" like you own the joint as you have been here for so long or says hope the door doesn't smack you in the arse on the way out smacks of smarter than thou for me, but that is me.

Learn the order???? ha ha ha what?

It doesn't matter if you respect someone or not to often on these sites people just slag off each other and players because there is no accountability. We should have some respect for the fact we are all pulling for the same team ffs. Like life as you said we don't like everyone, we don't agree with what people say we should still respect them and if you don't ignore them. To often it turns personal with the "you know nothing about football" or so and so is on drugs.. ridiculous.

Learn the order???? ha ha ha what?

of course you learn the order. same as you learn the order in a new work place, or school. if you walked into a room with 30 people, would you start bashing on about how good you are, how right you are, how everyone else is wrong and pay people out before you even know who they are.

that is what im talking about.