Training - 14/01/09

joeboy

1- Moloney .

Involved in everything ; chiselled , tanned ,and IMO, the fittest at the club .

2- Davey .

Fit , strong , enthusiastic ; a leader .

3- McLean .

Exactly the same as Davey.

4- The indigenous gang .

So many x factors .

5- Rivers.

Happy , healthy , strong.

6- Casey Fields .

An oasis in a desert - literally and metaphysically .

Sounds as though Casey fields is a great spot to train, having a good surface must be a welcome change from the rock hard grounds we had previously been training on.

Rivers is the one I am the keenest to hear news on. Is he tipped to be ready for round 1?

Its also nice to know we are closer to the start of the season than the end of last year.

How's Sylvia?

Rivers appeared to do everything at full pace , and was involved in all manouvres whilst I was at training .

Sylvia looked primed , fit , and strong , and was probably unlucky not to appear on my 6 highlights list .

Rivers appeared to do everything at full pace , and was involved in all manouvres whilst I was at training .

Sylvia looked primed , fit , and strong , and was probably unlucky not to appear on my 6 highlights list .

Woohoo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh well i guess all preseasons sound promising, i don't want to buy into the hype. But that is very good news.

Woohoo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh well i guess all preseasons sound promising, i don't want to buy into the hype. But that is very good news.

Well you notice I didn't conclude the spelling on ' excited ' , for fear of appearing to be over the top .

Thanks Joe. Great to get these snippets up here in Canberra .... and what's wrong with getting excited at this time of year, especially after the couple of years we've had!

1- Moloney .

Involved in everything ; chiselled , tanned ,and IMO, the fittest at the club .

2- Davey .

Fit , strong , enthusiastic ; a leader .

3- McLean .

Exactly the same as Davey.

4- The indigenous gang .

So many x factors .

5- Rivers.

Happy , healthy , strong.

6- Casey Fields .

An oasis in a desert - literally and metaphysically .

Where do i find the training times at casey??

Do you think our pre season small injuries might disappear abit with the excellent surface at Casey?

It should help us to be settled and belong somewhere.

Now on to the NAB cup for a couple of wins, no crap this year of peaking too early. Our peak last year was pretty low.

Wins mean confidence both on and off the field. Young players thrive on wins and it breeds more.

remember Aussie last year after his breakthrough game, great stuff.

OOPS off the topic, will be at Casey next Monday for training.

8am - Mondays , Wednesdays and Fridays

WHOA!

As if that's right. Joeboy, you just lost all credibility on these forums posting garbage like that.

The Melbourne Demons, training at a stable and quality venue, on a regular schedule, for weeks on end?

HA!

I suppose next you'll be saying that our January membership figure is higher than Carlton or Richmond's...

Just thought I'd throw that in.

WHOA!

As if that's right. Joeboy, you just lost all credibility on these forums posting garbage like that.

The Melbourne Demons, training at a stable and quality venue, on a regular schedule, for weeks on end?

HA!

I suppose next you'll be saying that our January membership figure is higher than Carlton or Richmond's...

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Sorry for the deception .

Lets keep things in perspective, i do enjoy all the training news so keep it coming guys. But lets remember, Participating in training drills is great, but we need these players to go a full season without breaking down so they have a long long way to go. And pre season bolters, well i remember Meesen was talked up last year as one of the most impressive pre season trainers, but we all know how he performed! ha

However things are looking positive, fingers crossed it can continue!

Where do i find the training times at casey??

i was there too, and endorse everything that has been written. they did some sort of endurance exercise as well, in two groups,some sort of elimination arrangement and "nugget "outlasted everyone else, with" the master" coming in 2nd. brockie came off a few times for what appeared to be toilet breaks, and appeared to have some sort of monitor around his neck, or on his back, as i saw a girl adjust it for him and it wasnt just a jumper tag from where i was sitting.

i wouldnt get too carried away, but in my heart of hearts, i do think we will be a lot more competetive this year.

in relation to training times , i had difficulty locating them on the mfc website, so i googled casy fields.

no problems

Guest melbman

I too went down to training with Dad and young nephew (hello to fellow demon folk who were there)

Was interested in Jurrah. He has a very good turn of speed, ramps it up very quickly.

Sylvia looks the goods though I saw him get out muscled by Miller in a goal square tussle which speaks volumes for Miller cos Sylvia is a very strong customer in that department

Watts went off midway to not return. Saw him afterward and it must have been a preventive thing due to the heat

Brock was in full voice and full flight. Looked good and sounded like a leader. During a kicking/leading drill he ripped into his team cos no one was leading

Lots of drills where moving into space and creating space were focused on, though I still think we'll need to improve on people leading in the forward line during a game because it was a problem last year and I've not seen anything yet that shows we've mastered that area, the players still seem reluctant to "own" that area of the game, Miller excluded

Do you think our pre season small injuries might disappear abit with the excellent surface at Casey?

It should help us to be settled and belong somewhere.

Now on to the NAB cup for a couple of wins, no crap this year of peaking too early. Our peak last year was pretty low.

Wins mean confidence both on and off the field. Young players thrive on wins and it breeds more.

remember Aussie last year after his breakthrough game, great stuff.

OOPS off the topic, will be at Casey next Monday for training.

It would be better to peak early, than not to peak at all!

Bring on the hawks?

incidentally, is there a clause now where we have to play the reigning premiers in the NAB cup first up?

Yep, three times in five years now, we've started the pre-season comp against the reigning premiers.

Also, did anyone else notice that we play 8 games against the top 8 in the first eleven rounds.

The only non-finals teams we play are Richmond (9th, of course), plus West Coast at Subiaco and Port Adelaide at Aami.