Gett'n Tough

Angry_Bird

Melbourne Football Club needs to get tough again. No longer can we be the whipping boy of the competition. I have no doubt you all agree. It is not an earth shattering comment. The question is how do we do it.

I propose we redraft Chris Johnson with our first pick in the pre-season draft. Whether we play him or not - who gives a crap. We shouldn't put up with a player walking out and not getting anything for him. Don't let Carlton get another freebie.

I say screw him - redraft him and he can enjoy Casey until he decides that it is an honour to play for our football club the same club that his father represented and won two best and fairest.

Time to move on.

The club has made it clear that youth will be their priority.

The reports in this mornings' papers clearly quote the club as saying they will stick to the youth policy for the PSD.

There apparently is not much to choose from in the PSD, if you believe the papers, so the MFC may even go for a young "project" player.

CJ will not be on Melbourne's list in 2009.

Cheers

Personally I rather we take a punt on Casey Sibasado than draft Chris Johnson anyway.

If he was still on the list he'd have to contend with Petterd and Strauss I know who'd I'd rather have playing.

I reckon the worst thing would be for us to lose out on another draft pick. CJ is their problem now. No reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

You'll find mercenaries like CJ are forgotten very quickly.

Lets get someone to the Club that wants to be here.

Our list isn't so good that we can afford to waste any chances - however remote - to unearth a player.

I reckon we can take a chance on Sibosado, no guarantees but the kid has talent.

As for redrafting CJ - Why pay someone good money to clog your list. I for one am glad he left. The less average players we have the better. I'm so over the club being ordinary.

As for getting tough, let's just get good, toughness is firstly in the mind then in the body. All the recruits, save Blease look as though they'll be able to bulk up a bit. With Blease it won't matter, he's a gun and mentally as tough as they come.

A great draft day for the MFC.

Having said all that I know where your coming from FRugolo

Guest morton10
Personally I rather we take a punt on Casey Sibasado than draft Chris Johnson anyway.

If he was still on the list he'd have to contend with Petterd and Strauss I know who'd I'd rather have playing.

Not in a million years would i prefer Siba (Casey Sibasado) than Chris Johnson. I watched Siba play footy all year for the 1st 18 for Xavier and he was nothing special. He is a lazy footballer who showed nothing all year. I will be extremely dissapointed if Melbourne picked him up.

Lets get someone to the Club that wants to be here.

Our list isn't so good that we can afford to waste any chances - however remote - to unearth a player.

We would be just wasting everyone's time recruiting CJ back. Waste CJ's time as he does nothing for 2 years and more importantly we waste a list spot and pay him a lot lot more then a 1st year. No upside just pointless bitter revenge.

Take a punt on a kid. Wondering what MFC thinks of Chris Waller.

Melbourne Football Club needs to get tough again. No longer can we be the whipping boy of the competition. I have no doubt you all agree. It is not an earth shattering comment. The question is how do we do it.

I propose we redraft Chris Johnson with our first pick in the pre-season draft. Whether we play him or not - who gives a crap. We shouldn't put up with a player walking out and not getting anything for him. Don't let Carlton get another freebie.

I say screw him - redraft him and he can enjoy Casey until he decides that it is an honour to play for our football club the same club that his father represented and won two best and fairest.

You have got to be kidding. Re-draft a list clogger that turned his back and abandoned the MFC. Not on your life. A vote for this is a vote for a laughing stock, its not getting tough.

What a joke.

Better to utilise the PSD pick with someone who missed on getting drafted in the National Draft. We now have two weeks to browse the earth to find the best option. I'd rather give someone enthusiastic, new and young footballer an opportunity of a life time and to be a part of something great in our revival, than give it to someone who is stuck in a rut and on the fringe having turned their back on the very club who gave him this very opportunity.

You clearly cant distinguish between being tough and being stupid. Being tough has nothing whatsoever to do with being vindictive and negative.

In the same vain should we keep him in a darkened cell until the first round? That'll fix him good an proper.

Surely our 'revenge' on both Carlton and Chris Johnson is that they will have to spend the next two years in eachothers company.

That, and round 21, where we get to put Dunn on him and make him cry.

I would suggest CJ is the player Dunn was built to destory - not too fast, not too quick thinking, not as tough, gets nervous under pressure, thinks he's taller than he is...

Also, round 21 will be our chance to slide Carlton out of the eight, with one round to go. Count on it.

Becoming tough is a must for our now very young list, but not in the same way you suggest frank. I want to see our young list led by a hard, young captain in Brock, with a young support group of uncompromising leaders ( perhaps 3 of Jones, Rivers, Miller, Moloney, Johnson ). I want to see them accept nothing more than hard, uncompromising, tough, body sacrificing football from everyone in the 22, from the oldest to the youngest recruit. Should a contest

be shirked or an unacceptable skill error occur by a youngster, brock or any senior player will quickly remind them with a firm slap on the hind quarters that "This is the MFC young fella and we dont do that around here" followed by brock running off and showing said youngster how it is done with some bone shattering act of bravery.

Thats the TOUGH MFC I want.

Becoming tough is a must for our now very young list, but not in the same way you suggest frank. I want to see our young list led by a hard, young captain

in Brock, with a young support group of uncompromising leaders ( perhaps 3 of Jones, Rivers, Miller, Moloney, Johnson ). I want to see them accept

nothing more than hard, uncompromising, tough, body sacrificing football from everyone in the 22, from the oldest to the youngest recruit. Should a contest

be shirked or an unacceptable skill error occur by a youngster, brock or any senior player will quickly remind them with a firm slap on the hind quarters

that "This is the MFC young fella and we dont do that around here" followed by brock running off and showing said youngster how it is done with some bone

shattering act of bravery.

Indeed!

I'm glad you have no say in what goes on at MFC.

You, sir, are a fool.

What you call tough i call unethical

This isnt the culture we want at Melbourne

CJ is old enough to make up his own mind on his future

Lets not get sucked into concentrating on things we have no control over

Becoming tough is a must for our now very young list, but not in the same way you suggest frank. I want to see our young list led by a hard, young captain in Brock, with a young support group of uncompromising leaders ( perhaps 3 of Jones, Rivers, Miller, Moloney, Johnson ). I want to see them accept nothing more than hard, uncompromising, tough, body sacrificing football from everyone in the 22, from the oldest to the youngest recruit. Should a contest

be shirked or an unacceptable skill error occur by a youngster, brock or any senior player will quickly remind them with a firm slap on the hind quarters that "This is the MFC young fella and we dont do that around here" followed by brock running off and showing said youngster how it is done with some bone shattering act of bravery.

God I hope they make Brock the captain. And you sir have explained exactly why. (just as long as it's not his bones shattering as has been the case)

Beautifully put!

No need for personal insults. Maybe you weren't thinking with your head but rather your shaft

Yes, very clever pun.

I wasn't really trying to be insulting, just stating what is plainly obvious.

I shouldn't have even dignified this idiotic thread with a response, let alone 2.

It won't get 3.

Edit: Correction. It won't get 4.