SCHWAB ON SEN

Bails

I thought his interview was great.

Finally, we have someone at the club that answers the tough questions!!

Unfortunately, I believe that we will take Naitanui at one!!!

I think the MFC think we need him to get bums on seats!!

You all know my thoughts on this ...

Did anyone else get that impression?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwab painted a gloomy picture of the condition of the club on a pure business basis over recent years because there have been so many changes in the board, staff etc. The MFC is struggling and has been held together because of the hard work of a number of individuals who put a great deal into the club. We are finding it difficult to secure a major sponsor and we would have posted a loss of $2.5m this year without the Debt Demolition campaign.

There's nothing much to add on the Nathan Carroll situation and Ben Cousins is definitely off our radar. He also spoke about strengthening our ties with the MFC while the Demon is now back in its rightful place at the club.

As to the draft, Schwab isn't the club's recruiting man and he didn't give anything away about how we will use our # 1 pick in the ND.

What was the impression that made you believe Natanui was our choice at pick 1?

After reading Caros article with us saying our number 1 pick will wear the number 4 jersey, i thought that would of pointed at Jack Watts as he has wore number four a lot.

Great to hear about the Demons not the melbourne fc.

Scarey stuff indeed about the debt we would of been in without debt demolition.

We really need to get as much people on board with memberships as possible, im in the process of getting 3 mates to sign up this year, and we all live in brisbane so its a hard task to pursuade them.

Regarding the number 1 pick, i would rather Watts but i wont be totally devo if Niknat is our choice and i will understand why and fully back the player like i do anyone who dons the red and the blue.

I just want November 29 to come already!

As to the draft, Schwab isn't the club's recruiting man and he didn't give anything away about how we will use our # 1 pick in the ND.

Indeed. If anyone did get the impression of a definitive pick in the national draft through Schwabs comments on SEN this morning, ... they're barking up the wrong tree.

Goose I think your just paranoid about picking up Natanui.

Like you I'd prefer Watts but if we were to pick Natanui I would not have a problem at all. The kid is an excitement machine

Quite right. It is unfortunate. ;)

Goose I think your just paranoid about picking up Natanui.

Like you I'd prefer Watts but if we were to pick Natanui I would not have a problem at all. The kid is an excitement machine

I agree with that Neita. Like you, I prefer Watts but I won't be disappointed either way, I will back our recruiting department and their knowledge of the draftees.

I think Goose needs to understand, while the majority of us want Watts, no one would be upset if we took Naitanui. He will be a gun, both will.

Indeed D32, although IMO Watts is a M16 and Naitanui a pistol. :rolleyes:

What was the impression that made you believe Natanui was our choice at pick 1?

After reading Caros article with us saying our number 1 pick will wear the number 4 jersey, i thought that would of pointed at Jack Watts as he has wore number four a lot.

I got the impression no matter who the number 1 pick is, they will be told to wear the number 4 !! :lol:

um lets agree to disagree

one of my good mates plays for the tigers over west and according to reports natanui is not that good!!!!!

he loos great and can run and jum but he is not a good "FOOTBALLER"

i dont get why people dont consider this...... some say he even struggles to bounce the ball!!!!

if were a high jump team or a long jump team then yes get him

but it is football.... and if you are not a natural/good footballer you at best will be a good player

and i want a great player with my first pick...... watts is our best opportunity to get that!!!!

when i say i told you so in 2 years you will all listen to what i am saying now!!!

I think Goose needs to understand, while the majority of us want Watts, no one would be upset if we took Naitanui. He will be a gun, both will.

Speak for yourself. I'll be inconsolable.

um lets agree to disagree

one of my good mates plays for the tigers over west and according to reports natanui is not that good!!!!!

he loos great and can run and jum but he is not a good "FOOTBALLER"

i dont get why people dont consider this...... some say he even struggles to bounce the ball!!!!

if were a high jump team or a long jump team then yes get him

but it is football.... and if you are not a natural/good footballer you at best will be a good player

and i want a great player with my first pick...... watts is our best opportunity to get that!!!!

when i say i told you so in 2 years you will all listen to what i am saying now!!!

No we won't, cos we've all heard pretty much the same sort of thing a thousand times already (or said it ourselves).

Hence i think the majority that have posted on here pick Watts as their preferred choice.

thank you hannabal!!

someone that knows there stuff

let me remind you and dont take me the wrong way i think its great but there are alot of supporters that have alot of faith in the MFC making the right decision...... i would love to say i have faith... but i dont at the moment

and taking natanui in this particular draft will have diabolical results in a couple of years time!!!

i think the room is finally starting to agree with me and understand that we are in a very fragile state and we need quality players....

at the end of the day if we win games and perform well on the field we will improve as a club...

the sponorship, membership crowds etc will follow!!!

we need to draft well and draft the best!!!

and i know for a fact that the MFC have conceded that Watts is the best available but they think natanui is a potential marketing machine!!!!! THIS IS WRONG AND WILL BE A MASSIVE ERROR

its quite clear to me.....

PS maurie i am passionate and understand that if we make the wrong decision this draft then we wont be around in 5 years!!!!! truth hurst i know but thats pretty much what it will come down too.... if we dont start winning we are gone!!!

Goose, you've got no idea mate. You're not giving Naitanui the credit he deserves. He beat Kruezer at last years championships and his impact would be immediate. Watts is by no means a natural footballer either, he is a basketball player first, football player second. Sure naitanui has his flaws but if you want to focus on his positives, he has good ruckman height(201cm), awesome spring, awesome speed, great tapwork, awesome tackling. football wise, he is very good already. Provided he isnt going to go back to WA, i would like him.

thank you hannabal!!

someone that knows there stuff

let me remind you and dont take me the wrong way i think its great but there are alot of supporters that have alot of faith in the MFC making the right decision...... i would love to say i have faith... but i dont at the moment

and taking natanui in this particular draft will have diabolical results in a couple of years time!!!

I have faith they'll make the right decision based on the evidence they have in front of them, which is a hell of a lot more than any of us have.

If they take Naitanui, I will be surprised but accept him as the better choice until he proves otherwise.

Bitching & moaning that we should've taken Watts based on limited info is beyond stupid.

Provided he isnt going to go back to WA, i would like him.

Correct on focusing on the positives.

The % of players that 'go home' is almost negligible anyway.

Maybe it'd be a concern if we were Adelaide, but i don't see this as an issue.

Goose, you've got no idea mate. You're not giving Naitanui the credit he deserves. He beat Kruezer at last years championships and his impact would be immediate. Watts is by no means a natural footballer either, he is a basketball player first, football player second. Sure naitanui has his flaws but if you want to focus on his positives, he has good ruckman height(201cm), awesome spring, awesome speed, great tapwork, awesome tackling. football wise, he is very good already. Provided he isnt going to go back to WA, i would like him.

Have you seen much footage of Watts playing? I understand the trepidation given his basketball background, but if you've seen some of his footy you wouldn't worry about it at all. The guy moves like he's been playing the game for years.

That said, I'm with you on the Nicnat front. I know who I prefer, but honestly I reckon the bottom three clubs will all get very good players, and any of the three will be the envy of the higher placed clubs at this year's draft in the same way Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer et al were.

It's one of the reasons I was happy to end up 15th this season.

Watts may have played basketball well, yet from the vision I've seen of him playing football, to me he possesses natural footballer - like qualities, he looks pretty good to me.

I agree that Naitanui will be a great player, and people are being foolish by saying getting Naita would be some major mistake.

You have put together a good argument of why Naita would be good. But you ruined it, im sorry, you just plain stuffed up a perfectly good argument. Argument was working so well, I was motivated, thinking yeah Freak is right!! Then you said Watts isn't a natural footballer. Furthest thing from the truth I have ever read, basketball was his 2nd sport hence why he dropped that game and focused on footy.

After seeing him play a few times this year, out of all the young guys ive witnessed play, he is one of the most natural players I have seen, maybe second to Rich.

If you want a ready made footballer for next year then daniel Rich is your man. Both Watts & Natinui are long term projects. Trust the club young grasshoppers. They have all the info, we here have just voice and wandering imaginations. Read what Schwabb Said today

"We need to be great for the MCC" Lets all just jump on and make this club Feared throughout the nation in years to come.

i think the room is finally starting to agree with me and understand that we are in a very fragile state and we need quality players....

at the end of the day if we win games and perform well on the field we will improve as a club...

Finally the room is starting to agree with you?!?!?!?

Your bedroom?? Your lounge room?? Or the room with the crapper where you dream up your posts?? HaHa :P

I am glad you have pointed out to the rest of us what a fragile state our club is in.....

Thank you for being such a visionary!

OMG! :wacko:

Finally the room is starting to agree with you?!?!?!?

Your bedroom?? Your lounge room?? Or the room with the crapper where you dream up your posts?? HaHa :P

I am glad you have pointed out to the rest of us what a fragile state our club is in.....

Thank you for being such a visionary!

OMG! :wacko:

The Guy's name is "Goose" so you cannot expect too much. I personally would be stunned if natinui became a demon but if it happens Que sera sera. He may become a legend, how would i know. I am just stoked that finally the club is getting its act together albeit slowly. (Bill Murray in "What about Bob" Baby Steps!)