• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

SCHWAB ON SEN

Bails

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shaft or High Tower??

whats going on here... i got two private school boys all over me? or is it the same person??

Nope, I was just laughing at your ridiculous call of 'putting your ar$e on the line' & going to write a reply to your rubbish but thought better of it.

& I've never been to a private school in my life.

& someone would have to have A LOT of spare time on their hands to keep up both of those 2 monikers.

I think I waste too much time on just the one as it is!

Watts a sandy boy

Oswald a Sandy Man

Oswald strangely decided to quit his post of two weeks as development coach for MFC

Something fishy is going on?

Perhaps Oswald disagreed with MFC on draft selcetions?? in particular number 1

:huh:

Oswald, conspiracy theories.

Next there will be a grassy knoll.

The Shaft or High Tower??

whats going on here... i got two private school boys all over me? or is it the same person??

What? Like goose and YM.

<_<

He's bottom age and only decided to play football over basketball 6 months ago. I've watched him 3 times live and I don't like soft players and his physicality wasn't a concern to me. There's a reason that so few KPP's go pick #1 and that's because they rarely dominate underage football due to their less than mature bodies. Even Carey and Longmire were traded by Sydney when they were promising juniors because no one expected the careers that followed. Riewoldt is the only KPP junior I can remember going #1.

Noel Blundell ran psycho motor testing at DC. They've done it differently since 2007 where they now pit a player against another player. Eventually it comes down to 2 players and a winner. There are numerous things that this test measures, but according to Blundell, one is definately their competitive urges. Whilst this test received less publicity, I was interested to know that Watts won this event. An important box that was partly ticked for me. Best player in the Carnival also was important. David Dickson talks of his concern at having Private School kids play in the Vic Metro team in Emma Quayles draft book. He says it's a real worry because the programmes they come from in the school system are very different. From a team structure and coaching expectation these kids are not at the level of the TAC kids. He finds it difficult to integrate them in a short period of time. So Watts winning the Larke Medal was even more impressive considering his football background.

I don't expect Watts to be a player in the J. Brown mould. I don't expect him to throw bodies around. Much like James Hird, he doesn't need to. In fact, I reckon he's too smart for that. But I also have no concerns about his courage or ability to put his body on the line and have seen him do so in the games I've watched. Taking a pack mark 4 deep when players are backing into you at CHF at a critical time in a match being a case in point. But I remember other examples of strong body contests at Casey.

Barry Richardson is quoted in the current Inside Football as saying that Watts is the best junior he's seen. He's been watching/playing football for 45 years and coached elite junior teams. I doubt he would have made such a statement if he thought Watts was soft. In fact, it's an unbelievable wrap.

I know that you consider your last reference very clever, especially as you've used it twice, but frankly, I find it snide in the extreme. But it's easy for amateur observers to pigeon hole players from limited knowledge. We all do it.

Good / inciteful post H. Thanks!

pace is okay? naitanui's pace is awesome. fastest ruckman ever recorded.

Not going on what I saw... he may be quick, but I didn't see him tear it up all that much. And what good is pace as a ruckman, unless you're quicker than all the little guys who can run you down?

you cant say naitanui would be bad if he didnt have his physicality, his leap or his great speed..because he does have all of those attributes. you dont hear me saying watts would be bad if he wasnt quick, couldnt mark and couldnt kick straight. what a silly argument u just made. are u on the 'ignore list'?

What are you on? Seriously? How hard is it to understand my last post? ignore list? WTF?!!

I'll keep it simple for you. ALL Naita has is his leap, his physicality and a bit of pace. My concerns are with his weaknesses, and the fact that the club can't afford to take a risk with a player that could be a dud... or at least might end up being the next Brennan. A highly skilled, dazzling player who ultimately disappoints. MFC hasn't got the resources, or the time to waste on a player that they'd have to fix up, and that might take 5 years to become the player he's going to be. (IMO Watts, not being a ruckman, will take less time to make an impact)

And before you defend his weaknesses, it has been said in MANY football circles that there's two things you'll never change in footy. The umpires will always get it wrong some of the time, and you can never teach a bad kick to be a good kick.

Why is Watts my choice? Because he seems to be closer to being the complete player.

How hard is that to understand mate? Fair go, get your hand off it. You have what ever opinion you want, go for Naitanui all you like, good luck to you... you may even be proven right? But don't go saying I'm making silly arguments, just because you haven't the ability to read clearly.

If we're going for a 'safe bet' why wouldn't we select Daniel Rich? I've heard he's the most talented player in this year's draft.

Rich for me.

Yeah, I don't mean to be against Rich. I like him. I'd REALLY like him, actually... but I reckon we're in more dire need of a spine. By the time the talls taken this year mature, McLean and his buddies will be counting the years... I know they say recruiting for type over quality is a mistake, but in this case we're in trouble if we don't fill up on talls. Our last big KP recruiting year was a bit of a bust (Bate, Dunn, Newton), as two turned out to be mids, and the other is still a bit iffy...

Not going on what I saw... he may be quick, but I didn't see him tear it up all that much. And what good is pace as a ruckman, unless you're quicker than all the little guys who can run you down?

What are you on? Seriously? How hard is it to understand my last post? ignore list? WTF?!!

I'll keep it simple for you. ALL Naita has is his leap, his physicality and a bit of pace. My concerns are with his weaknesses, and the fact that the club can't afford to take a risk with a player that could be a dud... or at least might end up being the next Brennan. A highly skilled, dazzling player who ultimately disappoints. MFC hasn't got the resources, or the time to waste on a player that they'd have to fix up, and that might take 5 years to become the player he's going to be. (IMO Watts, not being a ruckman, will take less time to make an impact)

And before you defend his weaknesses, it has been said in MANY football circles that there's two things you'll never change in footy. The umpires will always get it wrong some of the time, and you can never teach a bad kick to be a good kick.

Why is Watts my choice? Because he seems to be closer to being the complete player.

How hard is that to understand mate? Fair go, get your hand off it. You have what ever opinion you want, go for Naitanui all you like, good luck to you... you may even be proven right? But don't go saying I'm making silly arguments, just because you haven't the ability to read clearly.

Yeah, I don't mean to be against Rich. I like him. I'd REALLY like him, actually... but I reckon we're in more dire need of a spine. By the time the talls taken this year mature, McLean and his buddies will be counting the years... I know they say recruiting for type over quality is a mistake, but in this case we're in trouble if we don't fill up on talls. Our last big KP recruiting year was a bit of a bust (Bate, Dunn, Newton), as two turned out to be mids, and the other is still a bit iffy...

i honestly stopped reading after you said Naitanui didn't exactly tear it up. He ran a 2.86 for the 20metres which is faster than 99% of the midfielders

i honestly stopped reading after you said Naitanui didn't exactly tear it up. He ran a 2.86 for the 20metres which is faster than 99% of the midfielders

You stopped reading?

Why do you come to these forums? Is it just to spout garbage in the hope people will read, and then ignore what everyone else writes?

Being quick is nothing next to being able to evade. And if you get excited about a bunch of stats recorded in a room when kids are 17, then you have less idea about footy than most people on here, which is saying something.

Daniel Bell is VERY fast, and he gets caught all the time.

It's simple. Go and watch the guy play. Go and watch the highlights vids on youtube, he gets caught with the ball cos he doesn't know where to run.

Actually you know what, as soon as anyone loses interest in Naita, you lose interest in what they have to say. Is that right? Ok. Good... Good to see you're keeping that immense mind of yours open. You keep flying the flag... it's noble work you're doing.

he may get run down..but he runs down more opposition players by comparison.

Going on what? And since when is THAT a prerequisite for a #1 selection in the draft? I'm all for a Davey (either one) run-down while the opposition player is streaming into goal... but that alone isn't what wins you flags...

I'll make it simple for you... again...

Jack Watts is a good kick. Naitanui isn't...

I just don't want to watch a player and think "if only...." Not again. We've had enough of those guys. If only Sylvia wasn't injured all the time, if only Davey was a bit bigger, if only PJ could mark over his head, if only THE ENTIRE TEAM could kick properly, if only Jamar could... erm... anything.

Now here's the important part. Are we listening? I (me) PREFER Jack Watts. I (me) reckon any of the big three... even the big 4 or 5 would be sensational pickups. This is not one of those years where there's a clear standout at #1, then a whole bunch just after him. I (me) agree with you (you) when you say Naita is going to be a good player...

You are entitled to your opinion, and with peoples' draft preferences, EVERYONE'S a genius, unless you're unlucky enough to have fallen in love with Aaron Fiora just before draft time...

Rant over. I'm gonna go read something constructive now... Good luck to you, Freak.

I'll keep it simple for you. ALL Naita has is his leap, his physicality and a bit of pace.

How many times have you seen him play? The general consensus within the football world, which doesn't include footy forums, is that Naita will get drafted in the top 3. Clubs don't tend to draft players in the top 3 based on their physical attributes. By all reports, the kid can actually play football, which you wouldn't think was the case from reading your comments.