Melbourne announces key appointments

the fork

"Meanwhile, Connolly said coach Dean Bailey is currently going through the process of finding a replacement for midfield coach Paul Williams."

I am amazed that no one commented on the above. Am I mistaken or did we not announce Mark Williams as new midfield coach?

I am a bit puzzled at that.

A "tautology" or an "oxymoron".

If you know what happened you wouldn't need to speculate.

Correct.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Meanwhile, Connolly said coach Dean Bailey is currently going through the process of finding a replacement for midfield coach Paul Williams."

I am amazed that no one commented on the above. Am I mistaken or did we not announce Mark Williams as new midfield coach?

:blink: What the?

Mark Williams was announced midfield coach, you are not mistaken. That's a curly one. Strange....

I've had a little bit to do with Ozzie at a footy level, and i am thankful that he is not working for the MFC. The bloke is a dead set twat. He was involved in some school football in a similar role to that he was going to be employed at the mfc, and his role in this was deplorable.

If he could not organise a school football team then what hope does he have at AFL level, thank-you ozzie for going back to TAC football.

There must be a story here - Club Statement – Wayne Oswald

This Oswald fiasco is a real worry. You've got to ask some very serios questions.

Perhaps the guy is a [censored]...perhaps he realised the job was above him...perhaps the club realised he was a dud......perhaps the cub made a premature announcement..?

How on earth did we pick him and announce it in the first place then? Total mismanagement!!!

The alternative is that the bloke is a gun with high standards - when he saw what he had to work with , he decided to get out fast..? That would be a disaster in itself !!

Either way this is grounds for real concern. I knew we had serious money problems and a very ordinary list - but I kept faith that we were setting up good processes in the football department and that Jim, Scwabby and CC had the ability to move us forward.

This debacle makes me wonder

This Oswald fiasco is a real worry. You've got to ask some very serios questions.

Perhaps the guy is a [censored]...perhaps he realised the job was above him...perhaps the club realised he was a dud......perhaps the cub made a premature announcement..?

How on earth did we pick him and announce it in the first place then? Total mismanagement!!!

The alternative is that the bloke is a gun with high standards - when he saw what he had to work with , he decided to get out fast..? That would be a disaster in itself !!

Either way this is grounds for real concern. I knew we had serious money problems and a very ordinary list - but I kept faith that we were setting up good processes in the football department and that Jim, Scwabby and CC had the ability to move us forward.

Talk about an over-reaction.

There could be a multitude of reasons why he will no longer take the position - some good, some bad.

This sort of reaction is counter-productive.

If anything it contributes to making the situation more of a 'disaster', if that is the case.

Agree. this raises concerns. Certainly negates the positive news regarding the appointments. Also, brings into question whether the MFC is getting on top of things following the changes in Board and CEO etc. This plus loss of CJ without any compensation are 2 negatives in a row.

Sorry mate...... but it really does raise serious questions about our professionalism.

Of all the possible explanations, there are very few that don't call into question the quality of the clubs "due diligence" on important appointments

I agree that we must try to stay positive - but we can't just shut our eyes either

Sorry mate...... but it really does raise serious questions about our professionalism.

Of all the possible explanations, there are very few that don't call into question the quality of the clubs "due diligence" on important appointments

I agree that we must try to stay positive - but we can't just shut our eyes either

Correct .

The appoinment and subsequent removal of Paul McNamee smacks of the same ineptitude .

Unless we actually know what happened, why waste time and effort speculating.

I repeat my earlier post.

This thread is becoming ridiculous.

There could be a hundred reasons why this has happened. Let me give you one possibilty.

"His health or a member of his family's suddenly became a cause for concern."

or another, "his family situation changed."

Why blame anyone before we know the real reason?

This is really not even a position in the club that holds any critical importance, so why are we getting worked up. I'm not saying that the proposed new position couldn't be beneficial, but it's not like this appointment is going to be the determining factor in whether we have success or not. I understand the concerns about another possible area of mismanagement by the club, but any reaqsons for the decision reversal are all speculation. I think Redleg's post dealt with the hysterics and doomsayers quite well. Build a bridge people!!!

Unless we actually know what happened, why waste time and effort speculating.

We know what happened , so why not speculate? .........................

A "tautology" or an "oxymoron".

If you know what happened you wouldn't need to speculate.

I accept tautology but not oxymoron....

Because it suits those with an axe to grind for their own ends....whatever they are. :wacko:

whatever.

Aren't the meanings for "tautology" and "oxymoron" pretty much opposite?

Tautology combines two words that effectively mean the same things, whereas oxymoron contains two words complimenting each other that essentially mean the inverse to each other.

It's more of an Oxymoron IMO

Tautology combines two words that effectively mean the same things, whereas oxymoron contains two words complimenting each other that essentially mean the inverse to each other.

that's what I thought...

youre a moron IMO

:P

I repeat my earlier post.

This thread is becoming ridiculous.

There could be a hundred reasons why this has happened. Let me give you one possibilty.

"His health or a member of his family's suddenly became a cause for concern."

or another, "his family situation changed."

Why blame anyone before we know the real reason?

Let me give you another possibility:

• Luke Beveridge is appointed coach of Sandringham Dragons;
  • Wayne Oswald applies to MFC for role as Development Officer;
  • Luke Beverige quits and takes up a position at Collingwood; and
  • With the departure of Beveridge and the appointment of a "rookie coach" in his stead, the powers that be at the AFL/VFL convince Oswald to return to the Dragons.
In this scenario the MFC have nothing to do with his sudden and early departure.

• With the departure of Beveridge and the appointment of a "rookie coach" in his stead, the powers that be at the AFL/VFL convince Oswald to return to the Dragons.
In this scenario the MFC have nothing to do with his sudden and early departure.

I'm quite sure this is it. When Beveridge left AFL Vic were very keen on having Ozzie back so he could mentor this new coach. Anyone that's had anything to do with him knows he can also coach a bit too.

Guest fatty
We know what happened , so why not speculate?

Its neither a tautology nor an oxymoron.

Its nonsensical.

"Its a fact which might not be true"

But it is brilliant in its construction. Well done DeesDayz. You've foiled the English language.

Its nonsensical.

But it is brilliant in its construction. Well done DeesDayz. You've foiled the English language.

His next project is to break the laws of physics.

Can't wait to see the results.

This is really not even a position in the club that holds any critical importance, so why are we getting worked up.

Very, very idle hands :rolleyes: !!!

Its nonsensical.

As exampled beautifully in this particular argument, so lets just get over it shall we cause it is very boring to read over and over.....

And finally someone with some logical reasoning behind this particular mis-step by the club.....

The world is not coming to an end despite some questionably frantic hyperbole on here, and while I can understand the frustrations felt by some in here (and the appearance of a lack professionalism) lets not leap to the conclusions that we have no way of getting to. Redleg is completely right, because we don't have the facts and without those I am not sure how or why anyone with any sense can just assume anything, unless you want to think the worst.