Dean Bailey on SEN 'Morning Glory'

H_T

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning Dean was on SEN.

I really like Dean, in fact i think he is the right man for the job! But sometimes i wish he would just answer the question directed at him. he always manages to beat around the bush and ever really gives a yes or no answer!!

this morning he unfortunately looked like a fool. he was asked if Chopper will be there next year..... he did his usual we will sit down with nathan and his manager, ricky nixon next week and talk about things etc etc etc... (which he said last week as well mind you)

After they spoke with Dean, the SEN krew rang Ricky Nixon and asked him if Nathan will be a demon next year... Ricky had a little chuckle and straight out said NO!!!!!

this means that perhaps they have already had that chat and coming to terms with $$$ etc, (which is fine) but i think if Dean knows he wont be there, and ricky knows and nathan knows, and lets be honest we know considering he missed the B & F and didnt start training this week..... then why dont they tell us.. the paying member and loyal supporter?? i appreciate that there is a situation here with $$$ as he is contracted... but a simple NO like what ricky said would have been just fine!

On the contrary, Dean has shown some class. No doubt they are still working through the situation. It doesn't need to be dealt with on SEN. I'm sure a statement will be made around list lodgement time.

Guest unstable punt
This was very close to the real thing!!!! There was no earth shattering news as thats always hard to achieve with andy Maher Hogging the Mike.

he speaks a lot but never says much, very frustrating this morning, wouldn't answer a straight question :angry:

Guest unstable punt

I really like Dean, in fact i think he is the right man for the job! But sometimes i wish he would just answer the question directed at him. he always manages to beat around the bush and ever really gives a yes or no answer!!

this morning he unfortunately looked like a fool. he was asked if Chopper will be there next year..... he did his usual we will sit down with nathan and his manager, ricky nixon next week and talk about things etc etc etc... (which he said last week as well mind you)

After they spoke with Dean, the SEN krew rang Ricky Nixon and asked him if Nathan will be a demon next year... Ricky had a little chuckle and straight out said NO!!!!!

this means that perhaps they have already had that chat and coming to terms with $$$ etc, (which is fine) but i think if Dean knows he wont be there, and ricky knows and nathan knows, and lets be honest we know considering he missed the B & F and didnt start training this week..... then why dont they tell us.. the paying member and loyal supporter?? i appreciate that there is a situation here with $$$ as he is contracted... but a simple NO like what ricky said would have been just fine!

agree, just never said anything, beating around the bush

Bailey is probably not commenting because the issue has not yet been settled.

Sure Carroll won't be playing with us next year, but will we be paying him out, or can we sack him without a payout?

Since the details are not yet confirmed, Bailey is not putting his foot in it by saying anything stupid.

I mean really, did people expect him to say "Carroll is a bozo, and he'll never set foot in my club ever again"?

Bailey is probably not commenting because the issue has not yet been settled.

Sure Carroll won't be playing with us next year, but will we be paying him out, or can we sack him without a payout?

Since the details are not yet confirmed, Bailey is not putting his foot in it by saying anything stupid.

I mean really, did people expect him to say "Carroll is a bozo, and he'll never set foot in my club ever again"?

I agree that on the topic of Nathan Carroll, it's best that Bailey doesn't comment until things have been settled.

As for the rest of the interview, they may as well have interviewed a piece of wood.

This was very close to the real thing!!!! There was no earth shattering news as thats always hard to achieve with andy Maher Hogging the Mike.

Certainly was. Maher is very frustrating when asking questions. He asks the questions and almost answers it himself sometimes in the process before an answer can come from the person he is interviewing. Nothing new from Bailey.

I agree that on the topic of Nathan Carroll, it's best that Bailey doesn't comment until things have been settled.

As for the rest of the interview, they may as well have interviewed a piece of wood.

In all honesty, i'd be surprised if ANY coach offered more than preseason cliches at this early stage.

Giving out any more info is high risk / no return.

Certainly was. Maher is very frustrating when asking questions. He asks the questions and almost answers it himself sometimes in the process before an answer can come from the person he is interviewing. Nothing new from Bailey.

Glad some one else notices that. It is trully beyond me how Maher has got so far in journalism. He really is terrible, & i don't say that lightly. If i was interviewed by him i would have him gagged & Chained so i could answer. John Faine on ABC 774 is the same.

In all honesty, i'd be surprised if ANY coach offered more than preseason cliches at this early stage.

Giving out any more info is high risk / no return.

You've obviously never heard Matthews or Roos being interviewed. They are honest, and don't come out with cliches in order to avoid the question.

And what info could Bailey divulge that is "high risk"? I had this debate last year in respect of divulging the true state of our injury list. The cloak and dagger approach really helps, doesn't it? We really fooled every other club!!!!!

Dean Bailey Cannot give a definitive answer on carroll because of legal reasons. $$$ are involved. Get off his case.

You've obviously never heard Matthews or Roos being interviewed. They are honest, and don't come out with cliches in order to avoid the question.

And what info could Bailey divulge that is "high risk"? I had this debate last year in respect of divulging the true state of our injury list. The cloak and dagger approach really helps, doesn't it? We really fooled every other club!!!!!

Matthews and Roos are just more exrerienced and don't use the usual cliches. They still don't answer all the questions, coaches never do. Bailey doesn't need to feed all the clubs information to the drama hungry media and public. Just be patient and let his actions do the talking. Clarkson hardly talks to the media at all but do you think Hawk fans are worried.

Matthews and Roos are just more exrerienced and don't use the usual cliches. They still don't answer all the questions, coaches never do. Bailey doesn't need to feed all the clubs information to the drama hungry media and public. Just be patient and let his actions do the talking. Clarkson hardly talks to the media at all but do you think Hawk fans are worried.

It's not just about the drama hungry media and public, it's about the members and supporters.

Personally, I would like to know what lessons he learnt from this season. Although you believe that his coaching performance was exemplary.

Glad some one else notices that. It is trully beyond me how Maher has got so far in journalism. He really is terrible, & i don't say that lightly. If i was interviewed by him i would have him gagged & Chained so i could answer. John Faine on ABC 774 is the same.

Maher is an idiot, annoying and a terrible journalist in my opinion. I can't listen to him any more. But i can see why they keep him - he talks so much crap that he can fill hours with very little and he manages to handle (bully?) callers in a way that few others can.

Personally, I would like to know what lessons he learnt from this season. Although you believe that his coaching performance was exemplary.

No doubt Bails has learnt what is required in this caper. Lesson No.1 - The need to be 'competitive' on a consistent basis. But I'm sure you already knew that...

Matthews & Roos do say a few things worth noting, but at THIS stage of the season?

Re: Carrol - if legal proceedings are going ahead, he'd be silly to say anything else.

Re: injuries - you're right, but even if they're telling the truth it all sounds like a cliche anyway

Anything else, i think its way too early to say. Preseason is to get players fit, but also develop players and experiment with roles, sort out the things that most people would ask questions about.

It's not just about the drama hungry media and public, it's about the members and supporters.

I'd rather see actions on the field from last year. No one is saying Bailey has been exemplary. However most supporters realise the poisoned chalice he inherited last year. Your pathological attacks on him are boring and if anything highlight your shortcomings not Bailey's

And on such a woodduck station like SEN you are hardly going to get anything but the standard cliches. Roos and Matthews are two of most experienced and smarter media operators. Neither have had to coach a Club and list in the condition MFC is in. Bailey has been an AFL Coach for just over 12 months. A self serving comparison at best.

Dean Bailey Cannot give a definitive answer on carroll because of legal reasons. $$$ are involved. Get off his case.

Spot on.

If Bailey states he is out then his salary (if they pay any) gets put in this years TTP which means we breach it... The AFL are all over these things so they won't be saying anything until Oct 31...

The supporters know whats happening imagine we breached the TTP because Bailey stated he is gone and we lose our 1st rd draft pick...... I'm sure you would be happy then

the carroll thing annoys me and i dont know why bailey doesnt speak up....... he is deifinitley not a demon next year

on another topic.. i dont understand why he diesnt just say we are going to draft watts? and before you all abuse me i think it would be a good thing for him to say... get watts down there now and training and on the weights ets and give us as supporters some piece of mind and something to look forward to.....

watts will 100% be going number one and he knows it.... just bloody say it!!!

who cares if it then makes it easuer for other teams...... does it really make a difference??

Guest melbman
the carroll thing annoys me and i dont know why bailey doesnt speak up....... he is deifinitley not a demon next year

Maybe they are persuading Carroll to leave (with or without enticements) as a type of we won't sack you if you resign first

If the above is the case then if Bailey/MFC come out and say he's gone then we've put the cart before the horse

John Fain is a bigot. Andy Maher take 4 sentences of sluring to say something that takes most people one. Red Symonds FTW!