Warnock can leave (rumour only)

Yencks

Guest melbman
Dont be suprised if we see a serious overhaul of the system by next years trade period.

They can call it the Carlton Clause or the Visy Variation

If I was a Carltion supporter I'd be wrapped how their club just 'gets it done'. Some 'holier than thou' types may disagree from an ethical point of view, and that's fine. Unfortunately, my club has been a soft touch for 40 years. I prefer the alternative.

We have more room in the cap than Carlton, they are bluffing there arses off with this one and I hope Freo doesn't fall for it.

Personally, I'd take Pick. 24 but they don't see that as fair so off to the PSD I hope we go.

If Carlton think we will blink, then they are getting their old arrogance back.

If Warnock goes in to the PSD and we think he is the best talent out there - we should take him. If he whinges, tell him to suck it up.

We have more room in the cap than Carlton, they are bluffing there arses off with this one and I hope Freo doesn't fall for it.

Personally, I'd take Pick. 24 but they don't see that as fair so off to the PSD I hope we go.

If Carlton think we will blink, then they are getting their old arrogance back.

If Warnock goes in to the PSD and we think he is the best talent out there - we should take him. If he whinges, tell him to suck it up.

Unless we are prepared to pay him $400k over 4 years or another Club with a PSD pick before Carlton, then Carlton will get him for nothing.

I am not sure MFC are prepared to do that and Carlton are in the box seat.

Unless we are prepared to pay him $400k over 4 years or another Club with a PSD pick before Carlton, then Carlton will get him for nothing.

Agreed. Is he worth $400,000? A resounding NO.

It would be neglegent for the MFC to pay that kind of wage.

Buddy is earning that amount as we speak!!!

Staggering.

Why can't we pick him up with pick 19 in the national draft on the proviso that we make plenty of room in the salary cap.

Trade Bell, Chris Johnson and Carroll all for a half eaten ham sandwich for all I care. Or even delist one of Bell or CJ if necessary as they're both out of contract.

(or maybe I'm just deperate to beat Carlton in a recruitment war :wacko: )

Why can't we pick him up with pick 19 in the national draft on the proviso that we make plenty of room in the salary cap.

Trade Bell, Chris Johnson and Carroll all for a half eaten ham sandwich for all I care. Or even delist one of Bell or CJ if necessary as they're both out of contract.

(or maybe I'm just deperate to beat Carlton in a recruitment war :wacko: )

because he will nominate for the PSD not for the national draft.

Guest fatty

I've never heard so much nonsense about such a noname player in my life since Sylvio Foschini took the VFL to the Supreme Court.

Can't we move on?

I understand your sentiment and I don't want him either but why shouldn't an elite sportsmen be able to choose a club during trade week. Wasn't this one of the reasons this week was set up?

'Elite'? I'd hardly call him elite. He's an unproven ruckman with potential: that means he could end up great, or end up a nobody. And, until free agency is cleared by the AFL, this week was set up for clubs to trade their commodities: draft picks and players. Not for players to move themselves around as they see fit.

We could get much better for CJ. And I'd keep him before I delisted him. I think he showed enough this year.

'Elite'? I'd hardly call him elite. He's an unproven ruckman with potential: that means he could end up great, or end up a nobody. And, until free agency is cleared by the AFL, this week was set up for clubs to trade their commodities: draft picks and players. Not for players to move themselves around as they see fit.

We could get much better for CJ. And I'd keep him before I delisted him. I think he showed enough this year.

When I wrote "elite" I was meaning a full time sportsmen playing in the top level of their chosen sport. I wasn't discusssing his ability. I'm pretty sure one of the reasons for trade week is for players to move to chosen clubs as well (Presuming a deal can be done of course) The calls for free agency are growing ever louder.

Guest paxino27
-If we give up pick 80 for this kid I will be [censored] off

-Even though he has a good relationship with conolly, schwab, his brother and would get more game time at melbourne, he chooses carlton

-what's with this whole choosing business? i mean

he is no superstar

he has not yet had a great game

he has only played 21 games

yet he thinks he can choose a "preferred" club

i blame chris judd that he has done this

if he wants to leave fremantle and come home, he should be happy to go to any club

what is he? someone that is not even that good (apart from height) to choose where he goes like he is some superstar

apparantly, he just outright refuses to come to melbourne

--i hope he plays for carlton and sucks

--i hope freo get pick 24 and use it on someone that wants to come home three years later

--i hope that he does not come to melbourne because he is an arrogant [censored] to think he has the right to choose where he goes

lets draft a tall and develop spencer, someone who at least has a bit of grunt

i want people that will play for the red and blue

and if people say, it's all about the money

the fact is, warnock would not be getting much $$ straight away at melbourne, but the fact that he would be getting more game time and oppurtunities would mean that he is more likely to increase his worth at melbourne, who does not have any superstars

therefore have more salary cap room

i wanted warnock to come to melbourne, but not any more

Couldn't agree with you more mate, you summed it uo perfectly. And what makes even less sense about him going to Carlton is the fact that Carlton drafted Kreuzer at pick 1 laast year and in a few years time will obviously be their number 1 ruckman. I'd have thought Warnock would want to go to a club where there's no established ruckman or really promising young ruckman who will be taking over within two years myself.

Couldn't agree with you more mate, you summed it uo perfectly. And what makes even less sense about him going to Carlton is the fact that Carlton drafted Kreuzer at pick 1 laast year and in a few years time will obviously be their number 1 ruckman. I'd have thought Warnock would want to go to a club where there's no established ruckman or really promising young ruckman who will be taking over within two years myself.

exactly

at the end of his career (i presume being the no. 1 ruck at melbourne) he would have earnt more money at the dees than at carlton

exactly

at the end of his career (i presume being the no. 1 ruck at melbourne) he would have earnt more money at the dees than at carlton

He is starting on $400k for 4 years at Carlton. MFC would have to be paying big to top that over his career.

He could still be No 1 ruckman at Carlton. Time will tell.