Crawf and the cup

Kiss of Death

the bloke deserves it, he has worked hard for it and hasn't gived up.

well done crawf!

its people like cousins that dont deserve a medal over neitz!

well said.

Yes, Craft worked his arse off for a medal, it's not like he's coasted his way to the cup, but it still makes me wish people like Neita and Robbie could have been on that podium.

How about 100k at the G though?

Beautiful.

the bloke deserves it, he has worked hard for it and hasn't gived up.

well done crawf!

its people like cousins that dont deserve a medal over neitz!

nup. Doesn't deserve it more than Harvey or Neita or Flower or... doesn't matter every year a premiership is awarded and some tool will get a premiership medallion and some bloke that really deserves one doesn't. That's footy - it's not fair. I look at Buddy and I see Carey all over again.

You consider Hodge to be a tool? Every club would kill to have him in their team. He is the epitome of an Aussie Rules champion. Hard, tough commited, a leader by example but also ready to give any player not pulling his weight a piece of his mind. Last year he did his hammy in the first half of a final, came back in the second half to help the team win (along with Bateman), easily B.O.G. This year he breaks his ribs, spits up blood, comes back on, cops the hits and plays as tough as ever. One week later he's B.O.G. in the grand final (and deserved it). He's Brock McLean + some.

But back onto the topic "Who else saw this and wished it was Neita?"

Last year seeing Billy B. in tears on the sidelines after the final siren, I was seeing Gazza. I get bloody excited on GF day because I'm constantly seeing red and blue, what might be. I know we're a long way off, but just the chance of sharing in that in the next decade...It's worth the wait.

Congrats to Crawford, he deserves the medallion - something many champions have to retire without ever holding their own.

well said.

Yes, Craft worked his arse off for a medal, it's not like he's coasted his way to the cup, but it still makes me wish people like Neita and Robbie could have been on that podium.

How about 100k at the G though?

Beautiful.

and i was one of them

ripper crowd, great atmosphere. i wish to experience that with the dees- 2000 was heartbreaking and over before the bounce

add lewis as well hodge didnt deserve the norm smnith as well, should of been riolis

i was surpirsed during the grand final presentation i could not see kennett anywhere and his ridicolous jacket

I knew I missed someone, at least someone got 'it'.

i recon the best melbourne moment this year was that walk from fed square

there is nothing like a sea of red and blue

Completely agreed. I arrived a little late (the walk had just started) and coming in on the train to watch the sea of red flags was amazing. Even better was that by the time Connex finally put the train in the station and i crossed to Fed Square, the fans were still exiting. Truly a sea of red and blue.

PS very glad not to see Launceston Jeff anywhere in sight.

This is the saddest I've felt after a Grand Final in my life. I'm 19 and didn't care about footy as much back in '00, but there's just something about today that makes me feel that there's no reason why Goddamn Hawthorn has the right to beat Geelong, given how good the Cats are, in a Grand Final.

Why do we have to be so crap? I go every week, so why can't I see a bloody flag? I can just imagine how my grandpa feels, not to mention all the guys and gals from his generation who barrack for Melbourne. Sitting through 44 years of torture, with all the wooden spoons and retirements, lost Grand Finals and missed chances, while Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon see success after success.

Since the last time Melbourne won a Premiership, one Club has died, six have been born and three have changed their names, one of them twice. And there's a good chance that the next ten years will be marred by Premierships won by undeserving life-guards and faceless Sydneysiders, cheating environmentalists and birds of every kind.

For every Shane Crawford who lifts a Premiership Cup, there'll be ten David Neitzes, Jeff Whites, Matthew Richardsons and Robert Harveys who pass from the game, never having won a flag. As one former Essendon Captain with bad knees once said, "footy sucks sometimes."

Chook, our day will come, and when it does, it will be sweeter than anything we've ever experienced before.

And we won't have to stand up on the podium with a giant 'TASMANIA' sign on our jumper, and we won't have to thank the AFL's administration for helping us (because they didn't). We'll be able to stand up there and say that we did it against all the odds, that we fought on our own and we triumphed.

I know it's hard going year after year without a flag, but things turn around so quickly in football, and we just have to stick by the club and hope that we'll once again be a powerhouse of the competition. It seems that football is as much about hope, as it is about winning.

Chook, our day will come, and when it does, it will be sweeter than anything we've ever experienced before.

And we won't have to stand up on the podium with a giant 'TASMANIA' sign on our jumper, and we won't have to thank the AFL's administration for helping us (because they didn't). We'll be able to stand up there and say that we did it against all the odds, that we fought on our own and we triumphed.

I know it's hard going year after year without a flag, but things turn around so quickly in football, and we just have to stick by the club and hope that we'll once again be a powerhouse of the competition. It seems that football is as much about hope, as it is about winning.

You're right. Maybe you should change your name from "Jaded" to "Cautiously_Optimistic." I'd be happy to keep your old user-name warm for you. :lol:

Sigh . . . I was just having a bit of a moment last night.

You're right. Maybe you should change your name from "Jaded" to "Cautiously_Optimistic." I'd be happy to keep your old user-name warm for you. :lol:

Sigh . . . I was just having a bit of a moment last night.

I have become more optimistic as time goes on, which is a little bit strange given that things have actually gotten worse since I first started posting here (2002?). Maybe it's because I've become delusional at my old age, or maybe it's because I've seen plenty of teams bottom out and then rise to the top.

Our time will come, it has to. We just have to stick together until then, and don't let anyone tell us we can't, or won't, make it.

Don't worry.

Your dreams of seeing Neitz with the cup will change to dreams of Bruce/Green holding the cup in 5 years, then Davey and Rivers in 10 years, then Brock in 12 years.

Don't worry. Your sorrow for Neitz won't last for long.

Unless we win a flag soon, in which case he'd have just missed out.

That would suck...

it was only the second grand final that i have been to! the othr one of course being 2000.... that was one of the longest days in the history of the world..

yesterday though, i wondered how ti would feel if it were the demons.... i hope i get to see a demons premiership one day and will be there to enjoy it like my hawk mates!!

i know how much hard work there is to be done but i already have paid my membership, have donated to debt demolition and wait to see our next move....

all for that one day in september!!!

and i was one of them

ripper crowd, great atmosphere. i wish to experience that with the dees- 2000 was heartbreaking and over before the bounce

How good was it to see that figure go up....great to see. The first time over 100K since 1986.

It felt over when Neita hit the post with the first shot at goal.

It felt over when Neita hit the post with the first shot at goal.

Even he's said that he wonders what would have happened had he kicked that. In all likelihood, we probably would have just lost by 55 points instead of 60, but you never know. Watching it a couple of nights ago, you could see that we made the Grand Final for a reason.

I'm more depressed now than any previous GF. Maybe it's because Tassie recruited better than us & reached success faster than us. But I left the game on Saturday feeling angry that we didnt succeed before that brown/yellow/gold crap team that almost merged with us because they were fiancially strapped, yet managed to rebuild before us!!!!

It will now look they will participate in the next 9 GF's before we even look good enough to participate in any finals!!!!