Nick Natanui will go #1 now!

Demonic_Inferno

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Warnock signing on as a sanitation worker, Melbourne will take Natanui with the first pick in the 2008 national draft. In that, they get a 10 year ruckmen of the likes no one has ever seen before. The MFC is a boring club PERIOD. At the end of the day whilst Warnock would have been paid siginificantly more amounts of money at Carlton he has nominated them as his preferred club because of their exciting future. This is not just about Melbourne's need for a ruckmen, it is about Melbourne's need to be an eye catching club, we need to give ppl a reason to want to watch us. Taking Natanui is the start of an exciting dynasty at Melbourne.

At picks 17 we will take Cornellius and the next best midfielder at #19.

Lets face it next year we'll be bottom next year and probably won't win more than 4 games. Watts won't have nominated and Butcher will be eligible, let's take both those kids and marvel in 2010 how exciting our club is.

We should take Cousins in the PSD too.

Imagine this!

Rd 1 2009 MCG. Crowd 51,000. The match has been built up all week about the return of Cousins. First centre square bounce Natanui, McLean, Jones and Cousins all walk in. OMG! :o

Guest Addam
We should take Cousins in the PSD too.

Imagine this!

Rd 1 2009 MCG. Crowd 51,000. The match has been built up all week about the return of Cousins. First centre square bounce Natanui, McLean, Jones and Cousins all walk in. OMG! :o

Good to see you've got an imagination.

I dont think we'll take Naitinui. We just need to pick up a decent ruckman with Pick 17 or 19.

Good to see you've got an imagination.

I dont think we'll take Naitinui. We just need to pick up a decent ruckman with Pick 17 or 19.

we can't afford to waste any of our top 20 picks. they all need to be successful. therefore we should NOT take a ruckman. they take 4 yrs to develop and are a big risk they will turn into nothing!

quality ruckman can be found late in the draft and in the rookie draft----

see Cox (rookie), Sandilands (Rookie), Warnock (pick42), Griffin (rookie), Jamar (rookie) etcetcetc.

No he won't, people can come in their droves to watch Jack Watts apply his trade from an early age. Nice imagination though Neita.......Walt Disney is funding a new movie their making, there after just these types of imagination for a new blockbuster! You can call them on 1800IMAGINE.

Im actually starting to like the idea of Naita.

To be honest im not so one minded like other posters. I would be happy with Watts or Nait, both will be great so it's a win-win.

Plus both players will take 4 years to develop.

You shouldn't let the marketing department make recruiting calls.

He's Fijian, has a leap, is athletic, and has crazy hair. Great.

If he doesn't develop into an A grade footballer it is a wasted pick, no matter the extra excitement he will bring for a short time.

Watts is a bottom age player who looks like he can play CHF, FF, Wing or all three (Richo). I have argued that Naita could do the same, but one is a great footy player and the other is an great athlete learning to play footy.

I'm gonna ignore the Cousins rubbish.

Guest Addam
Turn our attention to Mundy, he can has one thing going for him than most our current players he can hit targets by hand and foot.

Yeah I agree. If we do set our sights on Mundy, lets chase hard.

Whilst I would have liked to get Warnock, it is not the end of the world if we don't. Spencer has come along in leaps and bounds and the club is very impressed with him. He is only 20 next year, I think, and has a tremendous upside. Jamar will finally convince all next year that he is a VFL ruckman, not an AFL one; Spencer to get a couple of games next year before getting a full gig in 2010.

Guest Jack Watts
Im actually starting to like the idea of Naita.

To be honest im not so one minded like other posters. I would be happy with Watts or Nait, both will be great so it's a win-win.

Jack Watts would still make more sense at Melbourne, not Natanui.

Who cares about Warnock - The guy will def only be a 2nd rate ruckman at Carlton.

I'm not sure about everyone else but I think PJ showed us a lot this year. Furthermore, we have a few more ruckman in our arsenal like Jamar, Spencer, Meesen etc.

It's not all bad. Plus, who knows what the draft might bring. Not to mention the pre-season draft.

And Demons32, nice stab at everyone too with your 'not so one minded' comment.

How would you like it if someone said something like that to you?? Shame.

Guest Addam
Natanui will be three years away from commanding the No 1 ruck role (if he ever does) at senior level. By that time we will have Spencer coming through.

You always sit on the fence.

Naitinui is doing fine at WAFL senior level. I think he would be preferred to Jamar in Round One, 2009 should we select him.