Backs Matthew Whelan Nathan Carroll Daniel Bell

Half backs James Frawley Matthew Warnock Colin Garland

Centreline Cameron Bruce James McDonald Brad Green

Half forwards Ricky Petterd Brad Miller Simon Buckley

Forwards Addam Maric Colin Sylvia Adem Yze

Followers Jeff White Clint Bartram Nathan Jones

Interchange Jack Grimes Ben Holland Cale Morton Paul Wheatley

Emergencies Stefan Martin Michael Newton Shane Valenti

In Nathan Carroll Jack Grimes James Frawley Ben Holland Addam Maric Ricky Petterd

Out Matthew Bate Lynden Dunn Mark Jamar Stefan Martin Michael Newton (all omitted) Austin Wonaeamirri (hamstring)

New Jack Grimes (Northern Knights)

RICHMOND

Backs Chris Newman Will Thursfield Kelvin Moore

Half backs Jay Schulz Luke McGuane Jordan McMahon

Centreline Matthew Richardson Shane Tuck Brett Deledio

Half forwards Matt White Joel Bowden Richard Tambling

Forwards Shane Edwards Jack Riewoldt Trent Cotchin

Followers Troy Simmonds Kane Johnson Nathan Foley

Interchange Daniel Jackson Mitch Morton Adam Pattison Greg Tivendale

Emergencies Daniel Connors Dean Polo Alex Rance

In Adam Pattison Greg Tivendale

Out Tristan Cartledge Daniel Connors (both omitted)

Like-for-like changes are mostly positive, given the form of the players dropped:

Maric for Wonaeamirri

Petterd for Bate

Grimes for Dunn

Holland for Newton

Frawley for Martin

Carroll for Jamar //well, Carroll played in the ruck on the weekend ;)

I think theyre going to try Carroll in the ruck. Hence the dropping of Jamar. I know White is there but yes.

I think your right. I dont see White in the Ruck all day.

From all reports Caroll was very impressive in the ruck last week. Im not expecting much but it will be an interesting experiement.

I really don't think Chops will get much of a gig in the ruck. I think he will remain in the backline which is where he'll play next year, when he gets a game, until his contract runs out.

Dutchy and White will mostly ruck and do some forward line duties.

One has to admire Bailey's consistency - within reason. He's claimed all season that players will be picked on form. Caroll, by all reports, played very well on the weekend and gets his call up whilst Bate and Dunn feel the wrath. If he dropped all the duds there wouldn't be a team.

I have high hopes for Grimes and reckon it will be third time lucky.

1. Bell for Woewodin - fail. Bell isn't up to it.

2. Dunn for Jolly - fail. Dunn isn't up to it.

3. Grimes for Johnstone - ? As I said, I have high hopes.

PS: Carroll is a spud who I hope never plays for us again. But I can understand the decision - unfortunately.

Many struggled against Port Adelaide and those three that you mention Rogue, (Newton, Bate, Dunn), were really disappointing. Newton did try, but he lacks in areas many have.

Those three are out.

Martin was a bit stiff. Wheats survives. DB is sticking to his guns regarding form. Good to see. Keeping things accountable right throughout.

I don't think Bartram has been playing too well of late, but has remained in the team.

Bate was just about BOG against the Bombers only 3 rounds ago, i wouldn't be surprised if he was carrying an injury of some sort.

Dunn was forced out of the side due to illness 2 weeks back where he lost quite a bit of weight. Had a poor return last week, and i would say has been given an early spell due to not being 100%.

I don't think you can read too much into these final round selections. Three playing farewell games, and Carroll getting a game perhaps on form?

I'm looking forward to Sunday's game, if only for the farewell of a couple of long-serving players. Grimes' debut is also exciting. I didn't think Stefan Martin had been too bad, besides his calamitous last quarter against Port. Clint Bartram has amazingly escaped the axe again. His skills and decision-making have been deplorable this year. While he's certainly not alone in that area, most others have paid for it with an extended trip to Sandy.

I don't think Bartram has been playing too well of late, but has remained in the team.

Bate was just about BOG against the Bombers only 3 rounds ago, i wouldn't be surprised if he was carrying an injury of some sort.

Dunn was forced out of the side due to illness 2 weeks back where he lost quite a bit of weight. Had a poor return last week, and i would say has been given an early spell due to not being 100%.

I don't think you can read too much into these final round selections. Three playing farewell games, and Carroll getting a game perhaps on form?

I agree, I think both Bate and Dunn aren't anywhere near 100%

Really don't like Frawley in for Martin, but the rest of the changes are good and will better the team. Glad that Maric got back in.

Even if Bate is fit I thought dropping him was the right move.

Not quite sure what you mean here.

We were surmising as to whether Bate is fit or not, if he isn't fit that would explain his poor play.

If he was fit, i would say his form wouldn't warrant him getting dropped. Go back and look at the Demonland votes for the Bombers game which was only a couple of weeks ago, he played a hell of a game.

Go back and look at the Demonland votes for the Bombers game which was only a couple of weeks ago, he played a hell of a game.

+1. People herre sometimes have short memories. Bate and the much-maligned Colin Sylvia were our best that day, along with the Jamar-Johnson ruck duo.

Not quite sure what you mean here.

We were surmising as to whether Bate is fir or not, if he isn't fit that would explain his poor play.

If he was fit, i would say his form wouldn't warrant him getting dropped. Go back and look at the Demonland votes for the Bombers game which was only a couple of weeks ago, he played a hell of a game.

I'm not sure either...

I think what I was trying to say was, regardless of his fitness, Bate probably shouldn't have been selected this week based on form. However I guess I based that on the past couple of weeks after the Essendon game, where he wasn't as good. I did forget that game though.

I've given up trying to work out team selections the last couple of weeks, let alone this season. All I know, this is the worst MFC team on paper, I have seen in 30 years of following the Dees. I see no point of playing Petterd and Grimes. Played bugger all footy this season, so why bring them in for just one game?

I've given up trying to work out team selections the last couple of weeks, let alone this season. All I know, this is the worst MFC team on paper, I have seen in 30 years of following the Dees. I see no point of playing Petterd and Grimes. Played bugger all footy this season, so why bring them in for just one game?

who else would u have brought in then fruit loop

You idiot.

To give Grimes a taste of AFL experience will be invaluable to his progress through to the pre-season and beyond.

How you can not see this is beyond me.

who else would u have brought in then fruit loop

'Fruit loop?' Yeah right 'I want to have sex with Dean Bailey' I think you are on the wrong website champ! And to the rest of you straw grasping, slack jaws who had a go. I will say it again. Why play a couple of kids for JUST ONE GAME. And don't trot out the 'experience' line because one game in a dead rubber match in the last round of the season, isn't experience. Why not just wrap them in cotton over summer and unleash them next season, Round 1?