Robert Warnock

Tolstoys Nudge

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde
Oh... it's a strong point.... I saw your comment and I'm glad you don't care that people know you're a complete and utter liar..... I comprehend that just fine, Champ.

What a coincidence ... now I don't beleive you. :)

The Hun report didn't mention the salary cap. We're out of the race because Warnock's $ claims are over the top.

Sorry you were correct did not mention Salary cap however did mention ünable to afford 400k per year for him" and not what you have written

Now thats crazy dont you think seeing we got rid of White Yze and Holland, not that i feel Warnock is not worth that money but how on earth are we going to compete if we cannot entice any young player worth that money

What are we broke or does it mean we have max our salary cap as we are the highest paying club for salaries to players

Guest Dr Jekyl & Mr Hyde

Carlton say they have enough cash to fit in Ryan O'Keefe (rumoured to be around $450k p/year) and Robert Warnock (rumoured to be around $400k p/year)

yes- in case you hadn't heard, we are in debt, and theres over a million more to raise, not to metion whatever we lost this yr..so it's probably back to 3 million

what are the rest being paid in bottle tops, who ever is responsible for overpaying our current group needs to be seriously looked at and hopefully not part of future decisions

what are the rest being paid in bottle tops, who ever is responsible for overpaying our current group needs to be seriously looked at and hopefully not part of future decisions

You can ring him at Richmond and while your at it can you ask him to chip in some of the money he's cost us by grossly overrating our list a few year's back, Cheers

exactly! i know we dont want to have to pay warnock that amount cos he's not worth it. but if we snap up a trade deal with freo, we can tell him what we pay him.

pick 24 from carlton? we could do way better...and let's face it we neeeed a ruckman

for anoyone who reckons jamar is decent, you have no idea about ruckwork. PJ is good, but needs someone for support as he is better being rested up foward or helping out down back. Spencer is a bit of a way off but is looking good for 2010-2011, and meesen- well. enough said

landing warnock would help us out sooo much- he's 21,22.

Jamar's ruckwork this year was nowhere near as bad as you and many others make out BB. I'm talking purely at the bounces, ballups and throwins, he needs to improve around the ground but his rucking is at least decent. He beat Sandilands, Charman and Jeff White amongst others this year.

i reckon bailey has something up his sleeve, the cunning devil that he is...at least for getting someone/something in trade week. or it's just the fact that he know's he's developing a powerhouse in the making!

i reckon bailey has something up his sleeve, the cunning devil that he is...at least for getting someone/something in trade week. or it's just the fact that he know's he's developing a powerhouse in the making!

Not so sure BB. Have a read of this link regarding Warnock.

However, it does come accross that they will consider a trade or two if the cards fall their way - so to speak. IMO they will draft, draft, draft kids and may look at getting another 1st or second round pick (inside the first 25 hopefully) via a trade. I'd be happy with that, certainly!

Just a thought - it wasn't at all surprising for me to see where Davey finished up in the B&F, the coaches obviously were not happy with his output throughout the season. Trade Bait perhaps?

What was a bit of a shock was how many votes Nathan Jones finished up on: 22 votes. (18th position)

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...3-19742,00.html

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl...4-19742,00.html

Yes that's what i mean. in order to get another top 25 pick though mate, that would mean the trade of a player and a pick or a player. that is what i meant by bailey having something up his sleeve

agree with you on davey's season- he started very ordinarily- mind you, he's not a midfielder- he shouldn't be traded though unless someone offered us a top 10 pick which they won't

and jones i thought wasn't that surprising- i didn't pick him for top 10, but then 18th is a fair drop, one would've thought he was better than that.

We can better Carltons pick 24 for Warnock,we offer Freo pick 19 and they'll deal with us.

He can't go into the preseason draft because we have first pick,don't we?

I would hate if we used Pick 19 to get Warnock! Unless we got an earlier pick.

For a start, I dont want him! Let him go to Carlton. But lets make it hard for Carlton to get him and give up more than Pick 24.

Possible trade -

Melbourne - Pick 6 (We give up Davey and Pick 19)

Fremantle - Pick 19

Carlton - Warnock and Davey

OR

Melbourne - Pick 24 and Bentick

Fremantle - Pick 19

Carlton - Warnock and Pick 35

Yes, but he can nominate his terms eg $1.4-$1.5M over 4 years. We would have to meet them, to get him. :wacko:

Yeah! That's right! Stuff that. Carlton can have him. I think Bails will up the ante with Freo so Carlton pay more for him. We dont want a player who does'nt want to be there and puts riducolous price tags on his head. Good luck to him if he can get it!

Yeah! That's right! Stuff that. Carlton can have him. I think Bails will up the ante with Freo so Carlton pay more for him. We dont want a player who does'nt want to be there and puts riducolous price tags on his head. Good luck to him if he can get it!

Nick Stephens didn't want to go to Carlton,only Collingwood,now he wouldn't leave Carlton at any price!

We need another ruckman if we take Watts so i do want him,the next few drafts are out.

Warnocks only a young kid and Judd rang him and said we have the best young midfield and we want you,that'd be pretty hard to knock back coming from Juddy.

Hawks and Cats don't have a great ruck division,so you can get away with it with a gun midfield but we don't have that either.

Port had the best ruck division this year and look where they finished.

I would hate if we used Pick 19 to get Warnock! Unless we got an earlier pick.

For a start, I dont want him! Let him go to Carlton. But lets make it hard for Carlton to get him and give up more than Pick 24.

Possible trade -

Melbourne - Pick 6 (We give up Davey and Pick 19)

Fremantle - Pick 19

Carlton - Warnock and Davey

OR

Melbourne - Pick 24 and Bentick

Fremantle - Pick 19

Carlton - Warnock and Pick 35

No offence but that second trade is very very bad. We lost out majorly. Bentick is [censored].

that first trade is just as bad! losing davey and pick 19 only to receive pick 6 is a shocker!

the more i come to think of it, it wouldn't be that bad if we traded someone who is over 23 (Davey, Miller) and a pick in order to get a good pick..i wouldn't use 17 or 19 to get a better pick though

davey and 35 for pick 4/6 whatever port have. or essendon or carlton

Oh, is that right, Bailey's the cunning devil is he, not the footy manager, Chris Connolly?