Robert Warnock

Tolstoys Nudge

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing is ever final

and since when can PJ not ruck? he's far better than Jamar put it that way, but i agree more damagin up forward or down back (that goal from about 60 at suby against the dockers when we were winning in the 1st qtr by heaps--what a goal).

anyway, i do see something in not keeping white. then again, jamar wouldn't have been dropped if he was going to go- bailey would be bringing in guys like carroll and holland to see if they can show anything. then again the decisions have been made, as DB said after round 6 the footy dept was already looking at the future and who would be here andnot here next year

I think every thread that does not state a hard and fast fact should start with "I think"/"X thinks", etcetera, in order to stop fools like me looking at them thinking that some big event has occurred when in reality, it's just somebody's opinion.

Indeed. Although I'm not sure why I expected something definitive when we're more than a montha away from the trading period and three months from the national draft.

In any event, I echo the sentiments of those who've said that White's delisting was unrelated to any Warnock rumblings. We're years away from being a contender, and will still have three ruckmen on the list after White's exit.

I THINK Warnock wants several things from a change of clubs.

1. No 1 ruck.

2. Playing for a club in Melbourne.

3. More money [dont we all]

4. Playing with his brother.

I think his priority would be in that order.

How many clubs fill that critirea? I think only the DEES fill all those points.

Warnock also wouldnt like what he is seeing with Kepler Bradley, but I am loving it.

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a long time, as most of what is posted is rumuor and I don't like to get involved.

But, from within close circles, I do know that Robbie will be a demon next year.

Not sure how (whether PSD) or we trade a pick to keep the PSD pick, but it is almost certain to happen.

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a long time, as most of what is posted is rumuor and I don't like to get involved.

But, from within close circles, I do know that Robbie will be a demon next year.

Not sure how (whether PSD) or we trade a pick to keep the PSD pick, but it is almost certain to happen.

The words " will be a demon next year" and "is almost certain to happen" don't sit well together in the same post.

The words " will be a demon next year" and "is almost certain to happen" don't sit well together in the same post.

Nothing is ever a certainty in today's world

But all things being equal, Robbie will be a demon next year.

That is his preferred destination.

I can't see it not happening with us having the PSD#1 pick, but what if a better player comes up, that is why it is not a certainty

I'm not sure what everyone is getting all "horned up" over this guy. What i've seen of him, doesn't do much for me. Can anyone say right now 'i've seen him play, and he will be a) a champion for the club. B) a good servicable player. c) a waste of a draft pick/trade. Total dud. Help me out please.

Stupid post..

White was gone no matter what!

Costs too much to simply have as, insurance!

Its about getting the avg age down and getting kids in wherever possible, including getting them more time at VFL level..

So this is no sign Warnock is sewn up..

Even though we are very much in the box seat, anything can happen..

But, if we dont get him, there are other fish we can land, we'll get at least 1 good signing..

But, Warnock would be GREAT!

The one thing going for Melbourne to secure Robbie Warnock, is the option for him to play alongside his brother.

I thought I would share this bit of information with my Dee colleagues that just happen to fall into my lap: -

As RR has stated previously on this thread, nothing is a done deal until it's done. You don't have to be Einstein to work out that there is other competition among other clubs for R.Warnock.

Whilst we may experience some deja vu with Geelong going back-to-back, we as Dees supporters may experience the same feeling off-field at the trade table. When Chris Judd chose Carlton, many hearts were torn in Demonland.

Money talks.

We may just experience a bit of Deja-vu this year with Carlton. I have been told similar info to last year - via the same "ear" on the table at Carlton - with respect to R.Warnock - "Whatever it takes".

Steven Icke is turning everything upside down at present to get Robbie to Carlton.

Whilst it's certainly a case of "nothing's a done deal until it's done", the mfc IMO face an uphill battle to get him to the Dees, thanks to Pratt and Carlton.

So........my word of advice is - "Don't get your hopes up"

We hold a few better cards this year though. Warnock's brother plays for Melbourne, he will have the first ruck at Melbourne, we can offer him more money then Carlton (at least legally), and have the first pick in the PSD. If Warnock goes to Carlton, then the AFL would have to investigate their cap. There is absolutely no way they could pay Warnock that much more than Melbourne to bypass the Dees in the PSD.

Guest unstable punt

especially now Carlton have been given the green light by the AFL to undermine the salary cap by Pratt "employing" them at Visy so watch the boo boys buy anyone they want

We hold a few better cards this year though. Warnock's brother plays for Melbourne, he will hav ethe first ruck at Melbourne, we can offer him more money then Carlton (at least legally), and have the first pick in the PSD. If Warnock goes to Carlton, then the AFL would have to investigate their cap. There is absolutely no way they could pay Warnock that much more than Melbourne to bypass the Dees in the PSD.

The AFL will investigate all it wants, they wouldn't be able to do a thing. Carlton would have learnt from their past mistakes. Somehow, if they want someone, they will inevitably get it now.

We hold a few better cards this year though. Warnock's brother plays for Melbourne, he will hav ethe first ruck at Melbourne, we can offer him more money then Carlton (at least legally), and have the first pick in the PSD. If Warnock goes to Carlton, then the AFL would have to investigate their cap. There is absolutely no way they could pay Warnock that much more than Melbourne to bypass the Dees in the PSD.

Steven Icke seemingly knows the Warnock family very well.

In terms of Carlton getting Warnock, I don't think he'd be passing to them in the PSD (Freo have at least $2m spare in the salary cap with all the departures this season and would take him if he's there), but Carlton may actually be willing to trade for him. Novel concept isn't it.

I have heard the same thing as High Tower, and that is that Carlton are making a huge play Warnock and it has him really thinking about his options. This is no ceratinty for us to this guy, so don't go holding your breathe all supporters of wanting R Warnock at the club next year

Seems strange Carlton would chase Warnock when they already have young ruck prospects in Kruezer and Hampson.

Carlton, like Melbourne, seem to think Robbie is ready to hold down the #1 ruck spot next year and will give Kruezer and Hampson time to develop. Hampson is also a Qld boy too IIRC, so don't be surprised to see him off to GC17 for a handy pick in a couple of years time if they do snare Warnock.

Seems strange Carlton would chase Warnock when they already have young ruck prospects in Kruezer and Hampson.

Maybe they prefer Kruezer and "Warnock" W is taller ..stronger..and ready to go now.. a better combo to me ..I wouldnt mind it !!

that and Carlton just like havig all the lollies !!

Carlton, like Melbourne, seem to think Robbie is ready to hold down the #1 ruck spot next year and will give Kruezer and Hampson time to develop. Hampson is also a Qld boy too IIRC, so don't be surprised to see him off to GC17 for a handy pick in a couple of years time if they do snare Warnock.

Yep...agree.. Hampson becomes a good 'sacrifice' You can bet Carlton are thinking along these 'forward thinking' terms. They are really much better at this game. We need to learn..( and fast )

Maybe they prefer Kruezer and "Warnock" W is taller ..stronger..and ready to go now.. a better combo to me ..I wouldnt mind it !!

that and Carlton just like havig all the lollies !!

belzebub, do you think Warnock can make it through a whole season as the main ruckman for any side? From what I've seen of him at Freo, I've got my doubts he can come up against the the bigger bodies of Cox, Sandilands, King, Lade etc. He has an enormous amount of potential, but is still very, very lightly built and has had some fairly major injuries. I'd think he's a good season, if not 2 away from having the size and strength to compete on a regular basis. Can you see him lasting 22 weeks doing even 60% of the ruck work?

I could see Warnock and PJ making a pretty good combo

Warnock wil only get stronger and fitter