Nik-Nat to Port

I was reading this in the Adelaide Advertiser (shytest paper in Australia) the other day and thought I would post the link to the article on the web.....

It is basically saying that Naitanui could be the saviour for Port Power, linking up with Fijian-born David Rodan and Alipate Carlisle....

An interesting read about the values of tanking....

Also here is a line from the article.....

"The latest draft buzz has key forward, Victorian Jack Watts, going to Melbourne at pick one and dual All-Australian under-18 midfielder, WA's Daniel Rich, heading to West Coast - which has been accused of tanking - at pick two."

I like this idea of targeting Watts....

The Whole Article

Tanking exists we all know it. The AFL and KB are the only people to deny it. Mark Riley Coached us in Round 22 Last year and a week later was at Carltank with Kriuzer in tow. Would have been a very handy player this year. One day Demetrio will admit that he was WR WR WR WRO WRONG and that the Draft system is a disgrace in its present Form.

I was reading this in the Adelaide Advertiser (shytest paper in Australia) the other day and thought I would post the link to the article on the web.....

It is basically saying that Naitanui could be the saviour for Port Power, linking up with Fijian-born David Rodan and Alipate Carlisle....

An interesting read about the values of tanking....

Also here is a line from the article.....

The Whole Article

So the Crows are gonna try to Nik the Nat paddywack then give the dogs the bones. :(

I can't see Port Adelaide finishing behind West Coast given that the Eagles play Hawthorn and Geelong in Round 22 so their prospects of getting Naitanui will be dependent upon them finishing 14th and WCE taking Rich with their selection. I'm not that certain about their decision being all that cut and dried.

Based on vision I saw of Port playing Carlton on Saturday I would even swear that they're tanking except for the fact that Andrew Demetriou says AFL clubs don't tank.

I can't see Port Adelaide finishing behind West Coast given that the Eagles play Hawthorn and Geelong in Round 22 so their prospects of getting Naitanui will be dependent upon them finishing 14th and WCE taking Rich with their selection.

Fwiw, that's acknowledged in the article.

Are you suggesting WCE's decision isn't that cut and dried, or Ports?

The tanking debate!

2007 Melbourne 5 wins = Draft pick 3 (Morton) and 21 (Maric)

2007 Melbourne 4 wins = Draft pick 3 19 (Ward) and 21

draft result because of the win in round 22

2008 Melbourne 2 wins = Draft Pick 1 (Watts), 17 & 18

2008 Melbourne 2 wins = Draft Pick 1 (Watts),2 (Rich possibly) & 17

I doubt however Melbourne at the beginning of 2008 predicted that we would only have 2 wins at Rd 20

The tanking debate!

I doubt however Melbourne at the beginning of 2008 predicted that we would only have 2 wins at Rd 20

While this is all true, when will people get over it.

Whoever wants to know the truth......... we should have won 8-9 games last season (due to leading in the final minutes of a number of games) and we did not deserve the Priority pick... For us the get the priority pick last year would be equivalent to Fremantle getting it this year.

This year fremantle will probably finish the year with 5 wins... just missing out on a PP. If any freo supporter lamented winning 5, instead of 4 wins, i'd tell them to get over it because they should have won 9 games. the only difference is that we won our 5th game in round 22 while they won their 5th game in round 19.

The tanking debate!

And also, i just read this exact post on Bigfooty and it was posted by a Carlton poster.

If you are going to plagarise posts please make it known, especially when you are plagarising from a Carlton supporter and ESPECIALLY if you are plagarising from Bigfooty--- bigfooty attracted possibly the biggest bunch of pimple-popping dipsticks you could ever imagine (maybe that's why i find it so funny and entertaining)....

Poor effort by you

P.s. i gave you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a Carlton supporter who's posting on demonland.

The tanking talk is rubbish as explained in my post above

--- bigfooty attracted possibly the biggest bunch of pimple-popping dipsticks you could ever imagine (maybe that's why i find it so funny and entertaining)....

I love the delicious irony of this comment :)

Don't take my post seriously sylv, I'm just having a laugh

[censored] I was caught out copying and posting a previous post that I found interesting on bigfooty ! :rolleyes: . If you look back to the original post you'll see I had to edit a whole of crap that was rediculing the demons for not taking up this oppurunity.

Would it had been ok if i just typed out the thing myself?

Tanking is crap but this is an interesting hypothetical worthy of discussion. This scenario justifies that. Rather than turn this into a "lets burn neita3000 thread" lets get back on topic. Thanks guys!

Tanking is crap but this is an interesting hypothetical worthy of discussion. This scenario justifies that. Rather than turn this into a "lets burn neita3000 thread" lets get back on topic. Thanks guys!

Agree. Out of interest is that pick 19 - Callan Ward? Who is at the Bulldogs.

Interesting coming from someone at Carlton. Blaa! Those Blues supporters are enjoying the success (if you can call it that - 9 wins) now courtesy of their failures including their salary cap breaches (how ironic)

Ward plays for the Bulldogs. Has recieved a bit of publicity cause he is still at school. Had a brief segment on him in the footy show. Looks as if he can play.

Ward plays for the Bulldogs. Has recieved a bit of publicity cause he is still at school. Had a brief segment on him in the footy show. Looks as if he can play.

Yes, he was impressive against the Magpies at the G earlier in the season.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sid Vicious
I can't see Port Adelaide finishing behind West Coast given that the Eagles play Hawthorn and Geelong in Round 22 so their prospects of getting Naitanui will be dependent upon them finishing 14th and WCE taking Rich with their selection. I'm not that certain about their decision being all that cut and dried.

Based on vision I saw of Port playing Carlton on Saturday I would even swear that they're tanking except for the fact that Andrew Demetriou says AFL clubs don't tank.

Looks like they decided it was impossible to tank against us so they slaughtered us instead. Presumably, they are more interested in Hamish Hartlett or Jack Ziebell than they are in Nick Naitanui.

Pavlich ruled out against Collingwood......

You can just about bank on the following happening for the first five picks now: -

1/ Jack Watts - Melbourne

2/ Daniel Rich - West Coast Eagles

3/ Nicholas Naitanui - Fremantle

4/ Hamish Hartlett - Port Adelaide

5/ Hurley - Essendon

Pavlich ruled out against Collingwood......

You can just about bank on the following happening for the first five picks now: -

1/ Jack Watts - Melbourne

2/ Daniel Rich - West Coast Eagles

3/ Nicholas Naitanui - Fremantle

4/ Hamish Hartlett - Port Adelaide

5/ Hurley - Essendon

Fremantle just coughed up Naitanui to Port.

What's the betting Port don't beat Nth today?

Fremantle just coughed up Naitanui to Port.

What's the betting Port don't beat Nth today?

Even if Port wanted to win they wouldn't. They are a long way behind the teams above them on the ladder. North is clearly the 4th best team in the comp, maybe 3rd over the Dogs. Choco should send Mark Harvey a nice gift as thanks for Naitanui.

Even if Port wanted to win they wouldn't. They are a long way behind the teams above them on the ladder. North is clearly the 4th best team in the comp, maybe 3rd over the Dogs. Choco should send Mark Harvey a nice gift as thanks for Naitanui.

Well looks like that gift Choco is sending Harvey is actually Naitanui. Port absolutely giving the roos a bath, they are home.

I would have agreed with everything you just said Titan_uranus, but I just heard a final qtr score with Nth 10 goals behind.

I'm gobsmacked!

You know, I now really think both Port and Fremantle are legitimate match day performers. This Port performance is remnants of their 2007 second posi.

Port have just handed Naitanui back to Freo.

Please guys, tell me what's going on.

:lol: :lol:

I'm with you on this. :unsure: