Jack Grimes

DEMON WITHIN

From the weekly VFL (reserves in this case) review...this got me excited!

Jack Grimes

Jack had an outstanding game, collecting 30 possessions off half back and in the midfield. His ball use and decision making under pressure was really good. He showed good skills overhead, and took some good strong contested marks. He is continuing to get his game time up, and played around 85%. Jack looks just about ready to play, and he will be pushing really hard for senior selection this week.

I think this is probably the best review we get each week...great work from andy lovell

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the weekly VFL (reserves in this case) review...this got me excited!

Jack Grimes

Jack had an outstanding game, collecting 30 possessions off half back and in the midfield. His ball use and decision making under pressure was really good. He showed good skills overhead, and took some good strong contested marks. He is continuing to get his game time up, and played around 85%. Jack looks just about ready to play, and he will be pushing really hard for senior selection this week.

I think this is probably the best review we get each week...great work from andy lovell

Agree .... Chopper seems to tell it as it is, and I really look forward to his reports for that reason.

Does anyone know where he will be next year? I read an article a while ago indicating that he is currently tied to both the Dees and Sandy. Obviously that cant continue in '09, and I was wondering if anyone has heard what's happening.

Still a chance for a MFC debut, if he can continue his good form at Sandy 1s.

I hope he follows us and leaves Sandy.

Why is that?

Is he a particularly good Coach?

Not that it's necessarily a reflection on him, but Sandy hasn't been great this year.

I think he has done an exceptional job with our young kids, and I think he puts us over Sandy, which is good for us.

We've had extra development coaches this year in Kelly O'Donnell and Mark Williams. I would have thought that Lovell's focus was on winning games for Sandy. In that regard, he's failed.

mo64 why don't you justify that comment? Talk about simplistic! Why don't you let me know about the changes to sandy's team over the past year, the injury concerns and th effect of melbourne's list and then rate his year.

Still a chance for a MFC debut, if he can continue his good form at Sandy 1s.

I doubt it especially if they are using Rd 22 for testimonial games for senior players leaving.

Why is that?

Is he a particularly good Coach?

Not that it's necessarily a reflection on him, but Sandy hasn't been great this year.

Whether Lovell does go with MFC will depend upon the terms of any alliance with Casey Scorpions and the role anticipated for Lovell if were to maintain some involvement with MFC.

mo64 why don't you justify that comment? Talk about simplistic! Why don't you let me know about the changes to sandy's team over the past year, the injury concerns and th effect of melbourne's list and then rate his year.

Agreed.

Both the MFC and Sandy lists have been decimated to key players which have robbed Sandy of much fire power this year.

I doubt it especially if they are using Rd 22 for testimonial games for senior players leaving.

He may be a chance for Round 21. Two games in Sandy Seniors for preparation.

But if he doesn't make it in Round 21, IMO they should leave his debut until next season.

He may be a chance for Round 21. Two games in Sandy Seniors for preparation.

But if he doesn't make it in Round 21, IMO they should leave his debut until next season.

Why the rush to play him this year?

He still needs to get the tempo of Sandy 1sts and show he is capable at that level. I am confident that in time he will clearly show he can make the next step. But two weeks is a very short time to do that. Let him learn a litttle at Sandy 1sts level and bring him on next year.

I look forward to him showing his wares in 2009.

He still needs to get the tempo of Sandy 1sts and show he is capable at that level. I am confident that in time he will clearly show he can make the next step. But two weeks is a very short time to do that. Let him learn a litttle at Sandy 1sts level and bring him on next year.

Because..........I want to see him in a Melbourne jumper on the G now? I can't wait. :unsure: But if its next year fine.......I can wait...but I won't sit still until then! :lol:

Totally agree. Why take the risk with one or two games to go when we have been cautious all the way through? Debut round 1 2009.

Barry's reports have been far from complimentary of Sandy's performances this year. I'd rather bow to his opinions than yours or Rhino. With the amount of experienced MFC players regularly playing at Sandy, the results have been poor.

Lovell was the only casualty from the Geelong football department after their review, so you tell me what makes him a good coach?

Barry's reports have been far from complimentary of Sandy's performances this year. I'd rather bow to his opinions than yours or Rhino. With the amount of experienced MFC players regularly playing at Sandy, the results have been poor.

Lovell was the only casualty from the Geelong football department after their review, so you tell me what makes him a good coach?

Neither timD nor I have made any opinion on Chopper Lovell. You branded Lovell a failure and got asked to substantiate. And as usual you have not and seemingly cannot.

We've had extra development coaches this year in Kelly O'Donnell and Mark Williams. I would have thought that Lovell's focus was on winning games for Sandy. In that regard, he's failed.

Is that a reflection on Chopper as coach, mo64? Is it just about winning this year, or is it more to do with development of young future Melbourne players.

With so many types of players in and out of the side, I doubt it has been solely the focus on winning.

Who's coaching the Scorpions at present?

Greg Hutchison is the Scorpion's coach. Think I read somewhere he was interested in being involved in the GC job.

My mate's Dad is on the Scorpion's board so I'll do some digging and find out what's goin on down there.

I know Mark Alves is assistant coach - maybe a further Dees connection?

Is that a reflection on Chopper as coach, mo64? Is it just about winning this year, or is it more to do with development of young future Melbourne players.

With so many types of players in and out of the side, I doubt it has been solely the focus on winning.

Sandy's focus has always been about winning. And the issue of types of players coming in and out of the side impacts all VFL clubs with alliances, and along with injuries, hasn't been used as an excuse at Sandy in the past.

Sandy's focus has always been about winning. And the issue of types of players coming in and out of the side impacts all VFL clubs with alliances, and along with injuries, hasn't been used as an excuse at Sandy in the past.

What about development?

Greg Hutchison is the Scorpion's coach. Think I read somewhere he was interested in being involved in the GC job.

My mate's Dad is on the Scorpion's board so I'll do some digging and find out what's goin on down there.

Yes, I read that on a thread from an insider that Hutchy was linked to GC17 too. He's got some competition in Guy McKenna and a few others. Good luck on the digging, cheers.

To be fair, the comment mo was replying to was as simplistic - along the lines of wanting Lovell because he's done well with our kids.

I don't understand the rush to debut him. He's had injuries all year, let's allow him to get used to the Sandy 1sts and not rush him into the AFL for the sake of debuting kids.

He's been in good form, and may have played Sandy 1s before now if the Club had not chosen to play him in the 2s for x weeks.

I disagree with those who say that we should not pick him given his injuries earlier in the year, and also don't want to see him picked for the sake of it.

However, if he can transfer his good enough form to Sandy 1s, there's no reason not to pick him if it's on merit.

Totally agree. Why take the risk with one or two games to go when we have been cautious all the way through? Debut round 1 2009.

There's no use wrapping him in cotton wool - he's done his pre-season, played the stipulated number of games at Sandy 2s, and is now playing in Sandy 1s. If he merits a call-up, he should get it.

Which of Holland, Yze, and White will be fighting Grimes for a spot?

He's been in good form, and may have played Sandy 1s before now if the Club had not chosen to play him in the 2s for x weeks.

I disagree with those who say that we should not pick him given his injuries earlier in the year, and also don't want to see him picked for the sake of it.

However, if he can transfer his good enough form to Sandy 1s, there's no reason not to pick him if it's on merit.

There's no use wrapping him in cotton wool - he's done his pre-season, played the stipulated number of games at Sandy 2s, and is now playing in Sandy 1s. If he merits a call-up, he should get it.

Which of Holland, Yze, and White will be fighting Grimes for a spot?

I agree, if its merited he should get it.