DEMONS DUMP MACCA- ITS OFFICIAL

Billy Baxter

Maybe we have a sponser with huge dollars that have said get rid of him and I will come on board, speculation, we may be crap at the moment but Primus must be happy with the extra media attention given to to bottom team. We can't get games free to air but the sponser banner has had a fair work out on the tele.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know any hard core facts, but from what I've heard McNamee personally turned that 150 year function into a success after they had only sold a handful of tickets. He stepped in and sold the place out!

It's difficult to have any real impact in only 4 months in the job.

The other thing is that in the article on afl.com.au he intimates that as soon as Stynes came in it seemed apparent they wanted him out. That sounds a litte worrying to me, as Stynes couldn't have had a full grasp on the facts when he seemed to make his mind up.

Still crossing fingers

You may not consider that an impoprtant element of membership but I do. I dont expect to be involved in everyday events.. but the ursuping of a Chairman..and the wholesale sacking of the clubs CEO..arent everyday. You seriously think someone who can run the Aussie Open has no clue ??

HERE HERE. Well said. Purcahsing a membership entitles one to alot more than just game entry.

I personally think we have made a big mistake on this one. I believe Paul was the best choice that we could of got to our club. I think Jimmy should of looked long term to see it pay out big time for us. Both Tennis and Golf were very successful in his tenure(especially tennis) and I can only hope Cameron Swaab (if it is his gig) will be be able to do as good.

Saying that the board and CEO must be on good working terms otherwise it will be a disaster at the club.

Good luck Paul.

PS they had better announce this afternoon who the new CEO is or Jim stynes will lose all business credibility!

IE dont take drastic actions unless you have a plan in place and that plan needs to be forwarded to the members now.

as usual, a lack of professionalism begins to leak from junction oval....

when will the club comment, well and truly after Paul has made his comments!!

macnamee also was coming from left field and believe that he was for branding days, such as youth day, the mcc/mfc footy lunch that was a sell out, a kids zone, etc....

looking forward to hearing from the club and the eventual replacement...

the image that i have of schwab is of him , garry lyon and joe gutnick getting out of a taxi together...

the sad thing about this is yet again the MFC has shown lack of judgement ( in either appointing paul mac or dumping him too early and in the process wasted more hard to come by dollars!! As noted above same old errors and issues for last 40 years and not learning from the mistakes.

"After extensive discussions with Paul, we have determined that a new CEO will be required to execute this Board’s plans to take our Club into the future"

And we're still none the wiser to what the Board's actual plans are to take our club into the future... when are we going to hear about these plans?

I don't know what to make of this decision just hope they have made the right one. Would love to hear more about the Board's plans for the future.

Time will tell.

Any thoughts on McNamee's sacking? Was he ever the right man for the role? I guess we will never know.

I hope the club comes out soon to articulate the new business plan and what, who and when will be the new CEO and their role.

I still think Jimmy is the man, but members need to see something concrete, in relation to forward business planning, vision and strategies.

Enough of the motherhood statements.

"After extensive discussions with Paul, we have determined that a new CEO will be required to execute this Board’s plans to take our Club into the future"

And we're still none the wiser to what the Board's actual plans are to take our club into the future... when are we going to hear about these plans?

I don't know what to make of this decision just hope they have made the right one. Would love to hear more about the Board's plans for the future.

Time will tell.

I don't get it.

Is Paul not a capable sports administrator?

Why is he not able to implement the new board's direction? Why do we need a new person specifically?

I hate this [censored]. We are a joke.

I don't get it.

Why is he not able to implement the new board's direction? Why do we need a new person specifically?

He can. He probably wanted to.

Its just a case of Jimmy wanting his mates.

Schwab is one of them, so expect him to be appointed soon.

I don't get it.

Exactly, Is Paul that incapable that it is worth throwing 125k away when our goal is to reduce debt, bemused by all this at the moment but will wait it out and hope we get an insight to the boards plans and a replacement soon.

Maybe Schwab is lined up for the role and will work for free and be paid outside of the club with houses and 'external' business opportunities therefore the 125k we have thrown away is justified and seen as a money saving exercise. :P

Exactly, Is Paul that incapable that it is worth throwing 125k away when our goal is to reduce debt, bemused by all this at the moment but will wait it out and hope we get an insight to the boards plans and a replacement soon.

Maybe Schwab is lined up for the role and will work for free and be paid outside of the club with houses and 'external' business opportunities therefore the 125k we have thrown away is justified and seen as a money saving exercise. :P

We conduct a nation wide search for the best possible CEO, a process Stynes was involved in. We then fire him three months after he is given the job other than no apparent reason except he is incapable of implementing the new board's direction?

What direction? Why is he incapable? Why would somebody else do a better job?

And most of all why would anybody want to become CEO of this club which is totally unstable and rigid. Considering what has happened to the last two CEOs I'd saty right away if I was a prospective candidate.

not bad..115 for a short stint !! ffs !! What kind of clown oufit is this. And yes as a previous poster highlights ( as I did elsewhere) we still have no real idea of what the PLANS are..just rhetoric.

For some..dont confuse any agreement of not with any longer term aspirations for this club with the shonky way in which its all transpiring.. Or does everyone feel the ends justify the means..even when we have no idea of the END !

Another landmark day in the recent history of this club.. soon to be renamed from the Demons...to the SHAMBLES !!

not bad..115 for a short stint !! ffs !! What kind of clown oufit is this. And yes as a previous poster highlights ( as I did elsewhere) we still have no real idea of what the PLANS are..just rhetoric.

For some..dont confuse any agreement of not with any longer term aspirations for this club with the shonky way in which its all transpiring.. Or does everyone feel the ends justify the means..even when we have no idea of the END !

Another landmark day in the recent history of this club.. soon to be renamed from the Demons...to the SHAMBLES !!

you make a great point. i dont care what we're named. that was the least of our problems.

This year has got to be the lowest the club has ever had. I feel sorry for Dean Bailey and the players. They deserve better than our basketcase administration. As do the supporters of this once great, but now totally irrelevant club.

1. McNamee failed to deliver a Business plan ( I would see this as KPI given our positon)

2. He extended his recent (and questionable) trip to Wimbledon with an additional week in Paris (with his phone turned off)

If these are true, it's disappointing.

I had no problem with him playing at Wimbledon, but an extra week while uncontactable is a little off.

The failure to provide a business plan is more important, ofc.

And most of all why would anybody want to become CEO of this club which is totally unstable and rigid. Considering what has happened to the last two CEOs I'd saty right away if I was a prospective candidate.

Very concerning.

We need to get the best candidate possible.

Hopefully people will be interested - I'd be concerned.

We conduct a nation wide search for the best possible CEO, a process Stynes was involved in.

If the SEN rumour - mentioned earlier in the thread - is correct, McNamee wasn't the #1 choice after this search, but PG took him on board.

We conduct a nation wide search for the best possible CEO, a process Stynes was involved in. We then fire him three months after he is given the job other than no apparent reason except he is incapable of implementing the new board's direction?

What direction? Why is he incapable? Why would somebody else do a better job?

Valid points Gouga. The club needs to articulate the reasons why McNamee was incapable of implementing the new board's direction. If they don't, members and the general football world will see it as another waste of money.

Having said that, the position will still attract quality candidates, simply because it's such a challenging role.

I still believe that Stynes would have consulted the AFL prior to terminating McNamee's contract, and the AFL must have given their blessing.

It would seem that despite our increasing necessity ( members ) we are expendable and irrelevent. Am not impressed one iota about this year.

This year has got to be the lowest the club has ever had. I feel sorry for Dean Bailey and the players. They deserve better than our basketcase administration. As do the supporters of this once great, but now totally irrelevant club.

Our poor on-field performance has been a major contributing factor to our current financial position, so don't feel too sorry for them.