TEAM FOR SUNDAY

What is this crap about Bruce??

He was named our best, got 38 possesions for gods sake!

NO ONE gets dropped after 38 posessions!!

I mean, I am not even his biggest fan, I got in trouble 4 saying he could be trade but, but dropped??

WTF!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interchange;

Martin - will deservedly get another run

Valenti - did enough to get another run (3)

Newton - will not be dropped after 1 game

Junior - if totally fit will replace Bell (stiff)

White - will miss because Jamar is named

Yze - will need to backup a best performance with Sandy

Bell - stiff on last weeks performance but does not figure at the moment amongst the other kids.

What is this crap about Bruce??

He was named our best, got 38 possesions for gods sake!

NO ONE gets dropped after 38 posessions!!

I mean, I am not even his biggest fan, I got in trouble 4 saying he could be trade but, but dropped??

WTF!!!

Heh Nudge, be cool. Its just Y_M being the moron again. Just laugh at him - that's what I do when he rants about Bruce (and waxes lyrical about Sylvia). ;)

Out: Green

In: Davey

I'd rest Junior for another week. You don't return from a groin injury and fly straight up to Perth to play at Subiaco.

If Junior does play, it should be Sylvia out. Correct response to his pathetic game last week.

Interchange;

Martin - will deservedly get another run

Valenti - did enough to get another run (3)

Newton - will not be dropped after 1 game

Junior - if totally fit will replace Bell (stiff)

White - will miss because Jamar is named

Bell - stiff on last weeks performance but does not figure at the moment amongst the other kids.

Sylvia out for Junior.

If Junior does play, it should be Sylvia out. Correct response to his pathetic game last week.

Hahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaa

He has been named in Sandys best every week since he's been there, and is the only player in the entire team to do so. What more does he need to do?

The bench is really tough to pick this week :wacko:

I think Yze will get a call up. I still find it astonishing the amount of [censored] he cops on here. Fact he is he has achieved more than 95% of our current list probably ever will. He may not be the way going forward, but he is one of the stars of our past, and one of the most influential demons for me to watch growing up as a kid. I still remember sitting there at the g with my dad as a kid when he first burst onto the scene and noone even knew how to see his name and we were all yelling yze!!! (pronounced ye-zee) lol

If Baileys picking on form like he says he is, then Yze has earnt the call up with 12 tackles and 17 1%ers!! He's in the ebst every week, and if thats not work rate and defensive pressure that earns a call up, then nothing is.

after 17 i percenters, yze deserves a game

I'd agree if Bails is sticking to his often used idea that form decides games played then Yze man has to get a game

17 1%ers plus a heap of tackles which he is not known for, maybe he will get another go next year if he is changing his game...... ;)

...Yze has earnt the call up with 12 tackles and 17 1%ers!!

17 1%ers plus a heap of tackles which he is not known for,

for you two, and for everyone else wo still believes this misconception, you need to go back and read the player reviews.

He got 17 1%ers INCLUDING 12 tackles.

So thats 5 other 1%ers.

It's still good, but dont claim it as something its not.

...Yze just gets called selfish. We were down by about 2 goals with a few mins left and he took and shot from about 50 out on the run with no free men available to him...

you're kidding aren't you? both shots he had at goal he had at least 1 free man standing on his own waving his arms in front of goal waiting for the pass, while yze just put his head down and kicked for a low percentage goal. at times like that you need to do the team thing, not try to win it on your own...

I seem to remember Yze turning down bigger $$ offers from a few clubs back around 02-03 when he was AA and still a star of the competition. Shouldnt we be rewarding that sort of stuff to show the youngsters if they work hard and are loyal, we will play them until the end and thank them for their service?

did yze turn down bigger money, or did he use the 'offer' to jack up his price at the mfc, getting himself on lots of money before playing 3 years worth of soft, unaccountable footy, where he refused to do the team thing while his skills slowly declined?

I happen to know for a fact, being a friend of a promising young Melbourne players (stalk my facebook if you're that smart), that they do not like the environment at the club and have asked to be traded at years end if possible.

woopdedo.

a new coach comes in and makes a hard stand. he says we are building this club around youth. there are only a few basic requirements of you. do the team thing at all times. work equally as hard when you dont have the ball, and work equally as hard when we're in defence. play for the team, not for yourself. the coach says 'there are no favourites here anymore. you will all be judged on form, on the way you follow those rules, and on what you can bring to the club over the next 5 years.'

he then proceeds to pick a team that includes all the players with the right attitude, regardless of talent.

a young player decides he 'doesn't like the culture because he has to work for a spot now'. well get f***ed and play for another team if you are that selfish and soft.

well looking at the sandy team, neither bell nor martin have been named on the sandy team/bench, so that indicates they will play for the dees.

that leaves: James McDonald, Michael Newton, Shane Valenti, Jeff White and Adem Yze on our bench, of which only 2 can play.

yze is named on the ground for sandy while the other four are on the bench.

based on that i am going to say that the final bench will read: bell, martin, newton and valenti/mcdonald, with my hunch that mcdonald wont be made to fly to perth.

another point that BBB made in the sandy thread is that bartram and morton have also been named on the bench for sandy even though they are named on the ground for the mfc. could indicate that bartram could be swapped for junior.

Very good response Deanox. I'd reckon 17 1%ers would more than double Yze's career aggregate.

Its a pity that in 2002 and 2005 given that Yze loves the Club so much that he sought to pursue contract negotiations through the media. He's a real team player who just struggles to see that the word and the concept goes beyond "ME".

MELBOURNE

Backs Matthew Whelan Colin Garland Matthew Warnock

Half backs Chris Johnson Paul Wheatley Lynden Dunn

Centreline Cale Morton Cameron Bruce Simon Buckley

Half forwards Colin Sylvia Matthew Bate Aaron Davey

Forwards Paul Johnson Brad Miller Austin Wonaeamirri

Followers Mark Jamar Clint Bartram Nathan Jones

Interchange from Daniel Bell James McDonald Stefan Martin Michael Newton Shane Valenti Jeff White Adem Yze

In Aaron Davey James McDonald Jeff White Adem Yze

Out Brad Green (hamstring)

Interesting to see Adem Yze in the side.

Would expect White to play.

Would have thought that Dunn got the job on Palmer????

In Davey

Out Green

Emms - James McDonald Jeff White Adem Yze

In Davey

Out Green

Emms - James McDonald Jeff White Adem Yze

Melbourne Team

Backs: M.Whelan, C.Garland, M.Warnock

Half backs: C.Johnson, P.Wheatley, L.Dunn

Centreline: C.Morton, C.Bruce, S.Buckley

Half forwards: C.Sylvia, M.Bate, A.Davey

Forwards: P.Johnson, B.Miller, A.Wonaeamirri

Followers: M.Jamar, C.Bartram, N.Jones

Interchange: D.Bell, M.Newton, S.Valenti, S.Martin,

Emergencies: J.McDonald, J.White, A.Yze

White and Yze will play with Sandy, so it would apear Junior is going with the side to Perth...

Melbourne Team

Backs: M.Whelan, C.Garland, M.Warnock

Half backs: C.Johnson, P.Wheatley, L.Dunn

Centreline: C.Morton, C.Bruce, S.Buckley

Half forwards: C.Sylvia, M.Bate, A.Davey

Forwards: P.Johnson, B.Miller, A.Wonaeamirri

Followers: M.Jamar, C.Bartram, N.Jones

Interchange: D.Bell, M.Newton, S.Valenti, S.Martin,

Emergencies: J.McDonald, J.White, A.Yze

White and Yze will play with Sandy, so it would apear Junior is going with the side to Perth...

Its either Junior or Valenti in or out.

strange to take him but not to play him to allow him to get some match fitness back?

perhaps it is a way of saying ' you're 90% over the injury and could of played but given the season etc we're not going to risk you. come to perth as the emergency, if there is a problem you can play...

strange to take him but not to play him to allow him to get some match fitness back?

perhaps it is a way of saying ' you're 90% over the injury and could of played but given the season etc we're not going to risk you. come to perth as the emergency, if there is a problem you can play...

The reason an extra player is taken is one of the players maybe injured during training whilst over there or during the warmup before the team sheets are submitted. Thus a player is always on standby whenever the team travels interstate. :rolleyes:

The reason an extra player is taken is one of the players maybe injured during training whilst over there or during the warmup before the team sheets are submitted. Thus a player is always on standby whenever the team travels interstate. :rolleyes:

If you're not going to play McDonald, it seems strange to fly him over to Perth and back for nothing as an emergency, given that he's had a few weeks off with injury.

Deanox knows that you take a standby over, but his point is that given the circumstances, it's odd we'd choose McDonald, unless there was going to be a late change - we have other guys on the list.

cheers rogue. given he has had 3 weeks out already, you would think it was very strange that if he was fit (as in over his injury) he would not either slot into the team, or be given a chance to gain match fitness at sandy.

my point was that, in the past he may have been selected, but it may be a sign of the times - go youth first. either that or there is a late change planned.

i could only think that would consider pulling a tall for junior to give us extra run, but i cant think why we'd bother...and junior with low fitness wouldnt be the one you want for extra zip...

I would like to see Davey for Green the only change, but I believe JMac will come in for Bartram or Valenti aswell

my point was that, in the past he (McDonald) may have been selected, but it may be a sign of the times - go youth first. either that or there is a late change planned.

My thoughts exactly. I hope Valenti is persisted with, and Bartram has been getting better. Possibly Bell may make way, but i thought he was ok last week. Junior will most likely fly over with the team as the 1st emergency and only play should there be a late change. I don't think he will play for Sandy this week, even if he doesn't play against Freo.

for you two, and for everyone else wo still believes this misconception, you need to go back and read the player reviews.

He got 17 1%ers INCLUDING 12 tackles.

So thats 5 other 1%ers.

It's still good, but dont claim it as something its not.

you're kidding aren't you? both shots he had at goal he had at least 1 free man standing on his own waving his arms in front of goal waiting for the pass, while yze just put his head down and kicked for a low percentage goal. at times like that you need to do the team thing, not try to win it on your own...

did yze turn down bigger money, or did he use the 'offer' to jack up his price at the mfc, getting himself on lots of money before playing 3 years worth of soft, unaccountable footy, where he refused to do the team thing while his skills slowly declined?

woopdedo.

a new coach comes in and makes a hard stand. he says we are building this club around youth. there are only a few basic requirements of you. do the team thing at all times. work equally as hard when you dont have the ball, and work equally as hard when we're in defence. play for the team, not for yourself. the coach says 'there are no favourites here anymore. you will all be judged on form, on the way you follow those rules, and on what you can bring to the club over the next 5 years.'

he then proceeds to pick a team that includes all the players with the right attitude, regardless of talent.

a young player decides he 'doesn't like the culture because he has to work for a spot now'. well get f***ed and play for another team if you are that selfish and soft.

Those 1% are awesome for YZE is what I was suggesting DX simple as that not rating it the game of forever....

As to jacking his price up, you tell me one player who would not be jacking his price up. Time is the game is very very short, they need to make as much money as they can whilst they can which is completely understandable. He chose to stay at MFC for lesser money... Yze is on his last legs here but he should be given a game if he is up to it.

J.McDonald, J.White, A.Yze

Is this the most experienced emergency list in the history of football?

It could very well be... McDonald 211 games, Yze 269, White 265.

745 games of experience there!

Out: Green

In: Davey

I'd rest Junior for another week. You don't return from a groin injury and fly straight up to Perth to play at Subiaco.

Some reliable inside information I received by phone is that Junior will not be considered because of your reasoning above. Well done Jaded!