Chris Johnson

Guest unstable punt

Guest unstable punt

I was never one of them, I always thought he had heaps of skill and would put it together eventually, great stuff from Johnno No 2, he will be as good as his old man

I was never one of them, I always thought he had heaps of skill and would put it together eventually, great stuff from Johnno No 2, he will be as good as his old man

I hate 'I told you so' threads.

Had a good game today, no doubt, but he did not have heaps of skill. Generally he used the ball well, but there were some very costly turnovers, including several when he had absolutely no pressure on. Having said all that, he would probably sneak into the tail end of my votes.

Guest unstable punt

Had a good game today, no doubt, but he did not have heaps of skill. Generally he used the ball well, but there were some very costly turnovers, including several when he had absolutely no pressure on. Having said all that, he would probably sneak into the tail end of my votes.

I hate "I told you so" threads as well but I just got [censored] off with those who got stuck into him continuously

Guest unstable punt

Walls gave him 2 votes after Green's 3

I hate "I told you so" threads as well but I just got [censored] off with those who got stuck into him continuously

To be fair mate, he did take his sweet time about it. I like him and didn't think he got the game time any player deserves to prove himself, but he certainly didn't do anything at AFL level to inspire confidence.

I like where he is going, however. Just needs to take the silly clangers out of his game and he'll be a great runner off half back.

CJ did not show hunger for the contest - he has not since he arrived in a consistent fashion. That has changed enormously and so must opinions of him. Good on him for showing something. It just must keep coming.

1 game haha

To be fair mate, he did take his sweet time about it.

Must have something to do with the fact that he never ever played full games under Neale Daniher. At best he'd get a run for 10 minutes then off to the bench he went. And forget giving him an actual role, no way.

He has all the right attributes to be a good player, and like in the case of Miller and who knows maybe Jamar soon, all it took is someone saying "ok, we know you can play, here's your chance".

It's amazing what confidence and self-belief can do for you, and how much hungrier and harder you are at the contest when you know you're not coming off the ground in 2 minutes only to end up at Sandy the next week.

Fantastic performance by CJ today. I thought his 1st quarter in particular was very good. Seemed to win a few hard balls in the 1st qtr, and probably got a lot of confidence from that, because after qtr time, it was like he'd brought his own footy. Just kept getting it and getting it, and getting it! His disposal wasnt always 100%, but that will improve with more performances like today, and given the sheer number of disposals he got, he still mangaed to use the ball extremely well on most occasions.

Couldn't disagree more. Thought he delivered superbly in all but one bad clanger...

I know people say this a lot... but CJ = Has arrived. And not a moment too soon. I ha him written off. Boy am I ever eating humble pie.

Couldn't disagree more. Thought he delivered superbly in all but one bad clanger...

Dunno what game you were watching then. Looking at the stats he had two clangers, which was lower than I expected, but his disposal efficiency was at still only 63%. Also, it was a high possession game - even Jamar had 12 touches - so whilst 33 touches was a terrific effort, it wasn't as decisive as some people are making out. I'm not trying to pick him apart, though it may seem that way - he was very good today - but there was room for improvement still (in his disposal).

Same.

Regardless, I thought he was good, and has been since coming into the side.

but there was room for improvement still (in his disposal).

I agree - it was something he said himself in the post-match interview on one of the radio stations when they commented on his high # of disposals.

I love "I told you so" threads!

It highlights just how little some supporters know about football when they pontificate over our players careers like they actually know something, and then get found out to have no idea at all!

I love "I told you so" threads!

It highlights just how little some supporters know about football when they pontificate over our players careers like they actually know something, and then get found out to have no idea at all!

I think there is a place for "I told you so" threads. It's pretty easy to come on here and make comments that are professionally damaging to a footballer. CJ has a way to go, but it is terrific seeing him get an opportunity and even better that he is making the most of it. Go CJ!

I know people say this a lot... but CJ = Has arrived. And not a moment too soon. I ha him written off. Boy am I ever eating humble pie.

I agree DD re his disposal, his delivery to the forward line was of the highest standard, along with Davey I think they're our two best at passign to someone on a lead.

It's amazing what confidence and self-belief can do for you, and how much hungrier and harder you are at the contest when you know you're not coming off the ground in 2 minutes only to end up at Sandy the next week.

You have hit the nail on the head. Careers are made by giving players a decent go on the ground and reinforcing to them that they are good enough and belong in the side. Then the rest is up to them.