Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

The Behavior of the Australian cricket Team was deplorable Last Week. I was embarassed to be an Aussie.

I don't say that lightly-But i am really sick of the arrogant attitude, sadly at the moment the Aussies are not a likeable bunch at all.

Particulairly after the Comments I heard Watson say on this mornings Radio, that basically defended the current attitude....Little shits obviously get Paid to much money and forget what cricket is all about.

I hope the Paki's go right through us-maybe then the Team will grow up & learn some respect.

I Like to see a Bloody Hard Fought contest, but i don't like seeing childish arrogance. Shane Watson hang your head...

Ponting also needs a new Baggy Green-his original one is a disgrace. Carry it in your bag Ricky, but put on a new one when Representing my Country.

The Behavior of the Australian cricket Team was deplorable Last Week. I was embarassed to be an Aussie.

I don't say that lightly-But i am really sick of the arrogant attitude, sadly at the moment the Aussies are not a likeable bunch at all.

Particulairly after the Comments I heard Watson say on this mornings Radio, that basically defended the current attitude....Little shits obviously get Paid to much money and forget what cricket is all about.

I hope the Paki's go right through us-maybe then the Team will grow up & learn some respect.

I Like to see a Bloody Hard Fought contest, but i don't like seeing childish arrogance. Shane Watson hang your head...

Ponting also needs a new Baggy Green-his original one is a disgrace. Carry it in your bag Ricky, but put on a new one when Representing my Country.

We have three relatively minor incidents involving Bollinger, Watson and Haddin/Johnson. The Haddiin/Johnsons incident was clearly incited by Benn who has been bad mouthing the opposition all series.

You might want to reflect on the poor standards of the teams that played Steve Waugh. Wonderful team ability wise but they were A grader sledgers whose spirited and sometimes nasty antics were the bane of every other cricketing nation. Unfortunately the World Champion crown came with some negative hubris. Waugh, McGrath, Warne, Lehman, Hayden were all persistent and nasty sledgers. But its alright if you are winning.

This team does not suffer from arrogance but more inexperience and they need to mentored to the corect behaviour. In particular Watson whose antics were immature but not arrogance.

And Ponting's cap is another reason he should be removed from the Captaincy. :angry:

Perhaps the Australian Cricket team could do much worse, than re-visit the "Spirit of Cricket" pledge that was taken place when Steve Waugh was at the helm in 2003.

Fat lot of good that did. Waugh's teams were some of the most obnoxious sledgers around. Talk ideals about being honoured in the breach

We have three relatively minor incidents involving Bollinger, Watson and Haddin/Johnson. The Haddiin/Johnsons incident was clearly incited by Benn who has been bad mouthing the opposition all series.

You might want to reflect on the poor standards of the teams that played Steve Waugh. Wonderful team ability wise but they were A grader sledgers whose spirited and sometimes nasty antics were the bane of every other cricketing nation. Unfortunately the World Champion crown came with some negative hubris. Waugh, McGrath, Warne, Lehman, Hayden were all persistent and nasty sledgers. But its alright if you are winning.

This team does not suffer from arrogance but more inexperience and they need to mentored to the corect behaviour. In particular Watson whose antics were immature but not arrogance.

And Ponting's cap is another reason he should be removed from the Captaincy. :angry:

Fat lot of good that did. Waugh's teams were some of the most obnoxious sledgers around. Talk ideals about being honoured in the breach

RR I have no problem with sledging, in fact i expect it. I have a major Problem with immature arrogance which is what i watched last week.

Benn got 2 matches for his part in the "minor" Incident, Haddin should have got the same/.

Shane Watson should have been sent off. That was just so embarrassing to watch.

We obviously disagree on the style of S.R.Waugh's captaincy.

RR I have no problem with sledging, in fact i expect it. I have a major Problem with immature arrogance which is what i watched last week.

Benn got 2 matches for his part in the "minor" Incident, Haddin should have got the same/.

Shane Watson should have been sent off. That was just so embarrassing to watch.

In the manner of which the sledging has been routinely dished out by past Australian teams particular Waughs you should be more concerned if you want to bang on about behaviour. I dont condone Watson's behaviour and he should be punished. But sending off? There is no send off rule in cricket. :lol: They are better ways to deal with it.

Benn effort to collide carelessly and wantonly with Johnson without regard was callous, provocative and appalling in cricket terms. He made no effort to avoid Johnson and clearly impeded the batsman even when the batsman had already had their course altered. he should have clearly given the batsman right of way. He made no effort to do so and no effort to apologise in recognition of the error of his poor actions. Benn has been spoiling for an confrontation all tour and was rightly sanctioned. Haddin unnecessarily verbaled him. His offence was minor to Benns but regretable.

We obviously disagree on the style of S.R.Waugh's captaincy.

Like I said you obviously fit into the bucket that says anything is allowed when you are winning. For some who abhors arrogance, Waughs teams reeked of it and the team were renowned for their ugly gamesmanship which has poisoned the standing of Australian teams internationally well after the main combatants had retired.

In the manner of which the sledging has been routinely dished out by past Australian teams particular Waughs you should be more concerned if you want to bang on about behaviour. I dont condone Watson's behaviour and he should be punished. But sending off? There is no send off rule in cricket. :lol: They are better ways to deal with it.

Benn effort to collide carelessly and wantonly with Johnson without regard was callous, provocative and appalling in cricket terms. He made no effort to avoid Johnson and clearly impeded the batsman even when the batsman had already had their course altered. he should have clearly given the batsman right of way. He made no effort to do so and no effort to apologise in recognition of the error of his poor actions. Benn has been spoiling for an confrontation all tour and was rightly sanctioned. Haddin unnecessarily verbaled him. His offence was minor to Benns but regretable.

Like I said you obviously fit into the bucket that says anything is allowed when you are winning. For some who abhors arrogance, Waughs teams reeked of it and the team were renowned for their ugly gamesmanship which has poisoned the standing of Australian teams internationally well after the main combatants had retired.

Steve Waugh was never going to be a loser-some players are like that. Thats why he became captain. He instilled a respect in the baggy green which had not been set before

All teams sledge, S.R's team was not the First some of it is out right funny, i have no problem with that, but i do have a problem with last weeks behavior (The new Referral system is going to cause all out war if it is not fine tuned quickly).

I think your premise for pushing Watson down the order is wrong. There are more appropriate means of punishment for misbehaviour. And I dont think pushing someone down the order is indeed a punishment but more a measure of team balance. And Watson is hardly physical straining under the bowling demands so far. It is likely we will play Siddle, Bolly and Johnson so I dont think Watson will be overbowled. It might also be a thought about Hughes batting at 3.

Think of it as this: Ponting is declared unfit. Hughes is brought in, and it's close to certain that he will open. The choice is clear: Katich or Watson moves. By sending Watson to 6, the selectors IMO send a message to Watson, along the lines of 'yes, we could have left you at the top, or moved you to 3, but we choose to move you to 6'. That's what I meant by punishment.

Steve Waugh was never going to be a loser-some players are like that. Thats why he became captain. He instilled a respect in the baggy green which had not been set before

All teams sledge, S.R's team was not the First some of it is out right funny, i have no problem with that, but i do have a problem with last weeks behavior (The new Referral system is going to cause all out war if it is not fine tuned quickly).

As usual its got nothing to do with winning or losing but Steve Waugh and his team's participated in some of the most offensive and disgraceful sledging and mocking of opposition players. It was unnecessary and for many teams culturally offensive. But like I said it all acceptable... if your winning.

As players they were very good and set performance standards that were high. However on the behavioural front on the field they were a fail. As sportsman they were not respected for the sportsmanship at all and the Australian cricket team of that time was not seen positively by oppositions, by the media or by Australian audience for some of the publicised indiscretions. The Australians were not respected overseas for their conduct at all.

You have potted knowledge and view of cricket and your myopic stance is typical of that. It not an issue of the fact they sledge, its the manner and conduct of it. The same principles you apply to behaviour. I am not sure sensible people would find the debasing taunting of an opposition players family members funny but there you go.

The referral system is the least of the problems if players of both sides can curb their behaviour.

Think of it as this: Ponting is declared unfit. Hughes is brought in, and it's close to certain that he will open. The choice is clear: Katich or Watson moves.

Hughes may not open and could bat three.

By sending Watson to 6, the selectors IMO send a message to Watson, along the lines of 'yes, we could have left you at the top, or moved you to 3, but we choose to move you to 6'. That's what I meant by punishment.

:wacko:

Gee if they were really serious at disciplining Watson they should have batted him at 11 or better still declare 9 down and not bat him at all? He needs to be taught a lesson.

How about we say we brought Hughes in and for team balance we put you at No 6? That would be logical and sensible reason.

As usual its got nothing to do with winning or losing but Steve Waugh and his team's participated in some of the most offensive and disgraceful sledging and mocking of opposition players. It was unnecessary and for many teams culturally offensive. But like I said it all acceptable... if your winning.

As players they were very good and set performance standards that were high. However on the behavioural front on the field they were a fail. As sportsman they were not respected for the sportsmanship at all and the Australian cricket team of that time was not seen positively by oppositions, by the media or by Australian audience for some of the publicised indiscretions. The Australians were not respected overseas for their conduct at all.

You have potted knowledge and view of cricket and your myopic stance is typical of that. It not an issue of the fact they sledge, its the manner and conduct of it. The same principles you apply to behaviour. I am not sure sensible people would find the debasing taunting of an opposition players family members funny but there you go.

The referral system is the least of the problems if players of both sides can curb their behaviour.

Are you inferring that no other oposition Team Sledged the Australians?? I am sure we took as good as we got. Don't tell me the Terbinator is squeaky clean!! Sledging probably upped its anti after the body line series, so i don't see why you are just singling out S.R's Team.

Tony Greig was a superb sledger!!

Are you inferring that no other oposition Team Sledged the Australians?? I am sure we took as good as we got. Don't tell me the Terbinator is squeaky clean!! Sledging probably upped its anti after the body line series, so i don't see why you are just singling out S.R's Team.

Did I say that?? No I didnt. No Australia gave more than it got and in some cases in the most reprehensible manner. In some cases it went beyond the verbal and it went physical Harbinjan Singh is on par with some of the behasviour exhibited by up 5 members of the Waugh Australian team. I am glad you are appalled by him. He would have fitted well into the Australian teams of that time.

You clearly have little clue about what actually happens out on the ground in particular in regard to some of the teams you revere.

As I initially stated your meldramtic bleating over the behaviour of the Australians in Perth is in double standard given the regard you have had for Waugh's sides which were persistently and continually exhibiting unsportsmanlike behaviour on the field that earned them the reputation as ugly Australian at home and abroad. Even worse given they went public on the "Spirit of Cricket" pledge which they did little to uphold.

You clearly have little clue about what actually happens out on the ground in particular in regard to some of the teams you revere.

How would you know more about what was said on the field than i? Were you part of an Australian XI at some stage?

I have never thought the Australian sides were angels, nor would i want that.

They gave as good as they got. The Difference between the Australians just gone were they were great at the game & knew exactly when to sledge, thus oposition sides mentally crumbled.

But i dispute the idea that other teams do not sledge just as hard, although it is hard to sledge when you are being thrashed-that happens in any sport.

I doubt the MFC have done much sledging over the last few years, although there would have been a lot in Northeys day.

What the Aussies did last weak was [censored] weak compared to sledging-The Windies up till then were not even rated. Last week was a sign of desperation.

How would you know more about what was said on the field than i? Were you part of an Australian XI at some stage?

I have never thought the Australian sides were angels, nor would i want that.

They gave as good as they got. The Difference between the Australians just gone were they were great at the game & knew exactly when to sledge, thus oposition sides mentally crumbled.

But i dispute the idea that other teams do not sledge just as hard, although it is hard to sledge when you are being thrashed-that happens in any sport.

I doubt the MFC have done much sledging over the last few years, although there would have been a lot in Northeys day.

What the Aussies did last weak was [censored] weak compared to sledging-The Windies up till then were not even rated. Last week was a sign of desperation.

My source is an ex player manager of Test and interstate cricketers. The comments made to me were done so around and after the time of Waugh's Australians being labelled ugly winners. And from the publicised behaviour of the Warne, Lehmann, McGrath, Hayden and Waugh on occassions plus the information passed to me from this source, it is clear that the Australians sledging was far more than friendly banter some of it was disgusting and beyond comprehension. Australia may have been a successful cricket team but they were not a respected team by other nations and some of that bad blood carried for years afterwards. And it does not take much for some of that animousity from opposition teams to the behaviour of the Australian team built up over a number of years to surface. Its ironic but unreasonable that there were complaints about Singh's "monkey" call. It was disgraceful. But its a pity that the Australians had institutionalised racial taunts as something tactical in their game for some. In particular the Indians struggle to comprehend the incident when they have felt that have subject to as much more often over a number of years

Its also amusing that you lambast Haddin for his behaviour but you blindly and naively accept the sledging of past Australian teams

Its clear you are not aware to the extent and manner to which the Australians behaved and you would like to believe what fantasies you conjure. I dont why you rank the Perth test behaviour as worse than the matters I refer as you clearly dont have a clue about what went on. I guess its on a par with "when you win the toss you always bat".

My source is an ex player manager of Test and interstate cricketers. The comments made to me were done so around and after the time of Waugh's Australians being labelled ugly winners. And from the publicised behaviour of the Warne, Lehmann, McGrath, Hayden and Waugh on occassions plus the information passed to me from this source, it is clear that the Australians sledging was far more than friendly banter some of it was disgusting and beyond comprehension. Australia may have been a successful cricket team but they were not a respected team by other nations and some of that bad blood carried for years afterwards. And it does not take much for some of that animousity from opposition teams to the behaviour of the Australian team built up over a number of years to surface. Its ironic but unreasonable that there were complaints about Singh's "monkey" call. It was disgraceful. But its a pity that the Australians had institutionalised racial taunts as something tactical in their game for some. In particular the Indians struggle to comprehend the incident when they have felt that have subject to as much more often over a number of years

Its also amusing that you lambast Haddin for his behaviour but you blindly and naively accept the sledging of past Australian teams

Its clear you are not aware to the extent and manner to which the Australians behaved and you would like to believe what fantasies you conjure. I dont why you rank the Perth test behaviour as worse than the matters I refer as you clearly dont have a clue about what went on. I guess its on a par with "when you win the toss you always bat".

Steady on RR, very few people relatively speaking have walked out on to a test arena so i can only go on what i hear through broadcasters microphones.

All i recall hearing for years was "Bowling Shane" from either ian healy or adam gilchrist!! Any really Sledging was done very subtly or quietly.

If it was that bad i certainly don't support it, But i still believe in the old theory of "What Goes on in Thailand Stays in Thailand" But i think $$ are killing that adage.

I rank last weeks game because it was the first time i felt disappointment at barracking for an australian Cricket side-and i will not be attending the Boxing Day Test because of it. If you have known this "under cover" info for ages Good on ya...but i didn't.

Although when Roy Symmonds gets $1:5 Mill to play for 4 weeks in india, i am notr suprised the Agro bar has been raised.

Steady on RR, very few people relatively speaking have walked out on to a test arena so i can only go on what i hear through broadcasters microphones.

All i recall hearing for years was "Bowling Shane" from either ian healy or adam gilchrist!! Any really Sledging was done very subtly or quietly.

Lehmann was suspended for calling an opposition player a b---- c----- . Unfortunately, some of the sledging was pointed and aimed at a target as low blow. I think the public would have been disappointed in the cricket team if the truth came out. The India blow up 2 years ago over Singh has its seeds sown over a number of years of Australian behaviour.

If it was that bad i certainly don't support it, But i still believe in the old theory of "What Goes on in Thailand Stays in Thailand" But i think $$ are killing that adage.

Unfortunately winning ugly has its ramifications.

I rank last weeks game because it was the first time i felt disappointment at barracking for an australian Cricket side-and i will not be attending the Boxing Day Test because of it. If you have known this "under cover" info for ages Good on ya...but i didn't.

I share your disappointment but this is not a strong Australian team at all. Your missing out on a good day's cricket by doing that. I am fascinated at how we will go.

Although when Roy Symmonds gets $1:5 Mill to play for 4 weeks in india, i am notr suprised the Agro bar has been raised.

I hope he has been permanently barred from the agro bar for his own sake!!!

Lehmann was suspended for calling an opposition player a b---- c----- . Unfortunately, some of the sledging was pointed and aimed at a target as low blow. I think the public would have been disappointed in the cricket team if the truth came out. The India blow up 2 years ago over Singh has its seeds sown over a number of years of Australian behaviour.

Unfortunately winning ugly has its ramifications.

I share your disappointment but this is not a strong Australian team at all. Your missing out on a good day's cricket by doing that. I am fascinated at how we will go.

I hope he has been permanently barred from the agro bar for his own sake!!!

I am just Fascinated that i have not heard more if it is that prevellent, By that i mean the real Low stuff, bcoz we often get "clean Feeds" from ch 9 (Straight out of the Ground) at work with multiple audio tracks.

So the players must be very aware of how to be sledging without being screened, as those microphones are vert sensitive.

You are right about next weeks game, but it has just left a real sour taste in my mouth-I wish we were playing the Windies again actually! See Chris Gayle Put Hauritz over the Roof!

I am just Fascinated that i have not heard more if it is that prevellent, By that i mean the real Low stuff, bcoz we often get "clean Feeds" from ch 9 (Straight out of the Ground) at work with multiple audio tracks.

So the players must be very aware of how to be sledging without being screened, as those microphones are vert sensitive.

You are right about next weeks game, but it has just left a real sour taste in my mouth-I wish we were playing the Windies again actually! See Chris Gayle Put Hauritz over the Roof!

From time to time the issues bubble up into flashpoints but there is simmering undercurrent of dissatisfaction about the way recent Australian sides have behaved here and overseas particularly outside of the UK. Cricket is a great game that binds different cultures for the moment they play. However the robustness and at times viciousness of the Australian on field aggression upsets other cultures and teams. And while we can be dismissive of it, Australians dont like the same standards put back at them. Incidents with McGrath, Symonds and Haddin give testimony to the fact that Australians have not welcomed the feistiness served on them that they serve on others.

I wonder how sensitive the microphones are when they could not pinpoint Warne's ungracious "Cant bat, cant bowl" sledge of Scott Muller. Blaming Tom(?) the cameraman fooled no one. In the recent series there has been consistent heckling going on between Benn and the Australians. Some of it particularly from Benn has been borderline in behaviour but none of it was taken in the microphones. I dont think it is an effective deterrent.

I think Pakistan may surprise with some of their young stars. Consistently inconsistent as a team Pakistan can still manage to unearth a prodigious talent now and again. They certainly need one.

From time to time the issues bubble up into flashpoints but there is simmering undercurrent of dissatisfaction about the way recent Australian sides have behaved here and overseas particularly outside of the UK. Cricket is a great game that binds different cultures for the moment they play. However the robustness and at times viciousness of the Australian on field aggression upsets other cultures and teams. And while we can be dismissive of it, Australians dont like the same standards put back at them. Incidents with McGrath, Symonds and Haddin give testimony to the fact that Australians have not welcomed the feistiness served on them that they serve on others.

I wonder how sensitive the microphones are when they could not pinpoint Warne's ungracious "Cant bat, cant bowl" sledge of Scott Muller. Blaming Tom(?) the cameraman fooled no one. In the recent series there has been consistent heckling going on between Benn and the Australians. Some of it particularly from Benn has been borderline in behaviour but none of it was taken in the microphones. I dont think it is an effective deterrent.

I think Pakistan may surprise with some of their young stars. Consistently inconsistent as a team Pakistan can still manage to unearth a prodigious talent now and again. They certainly need one.

Yes the scott muller issue amazed me, we all heard S.K clear as day on that one!! He just walked away from that one-as only Warney could.

The Paki's will give the australians a real going over, if they are in the right head space.The state of their country won't help, but they may treat it as Time out from the troubles at home and just go for it.

The Paki's are like the Dockers-Talent but will they show it?

I was at the '92 World Cup Final-The Paki's ripped into it that day!!!

Edited by why you little

Regardless of how many he score I cannot fathom why Hauritz was nightwatchman. For the player with leadership aspirations, I can see no reason why Clarke did not come out to bat last night at 3/290 and the pitch was a batting gem. I felt Australia lacked momentum in the first session today.

I very much dislike the concept of a 'nightwatchman'.

I agree, they can slow momentum very easily, although todays innings maybe the best thing for Hauritz. He may now believe he truly belongs out there which i think has been lacking in his game, although he was lucky to make 75-he did it.

His bowling just may improve.