• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Alternative Strip Suggestions

Yencks

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey All, got to say - love the inverted design - so simple and obvious and it looks great. Don't mind the MFC one either. I too was one of the members that voted 'silver' on the survey last year, just didn't expect the whole thing to be silver! The board need to show some balls and come out and say 'yes, we made a mistake and now we are going to correct it. Submit to the AFL. It can happen.

MyAlternateStrip.jpg

You win.. Brilliant.. does it all.. Tasteful, Historical ref..in the logo. Simple.

Forward this to the club..its yours. ( you dont I will on your behalf )

Then we stick to just thses two designs..our normal one..and this clash..leave it at that.

Heres a design teh players would feel truyly chuffed to wear..instead of pajamas !!

well done :)

p.s. Really like the 1858 touch !! sweet ;):)

MyAlternateStrip.jpg

That would look absolutely great! There no way the club could look at that thing and not admit that its 50 times better than our current strip.

The inverted jumper or that jumper above i would be happy to see out there.

Time to get rid of the silver strip now! We still havent won a game in it (including pre-season), and hopefully we never do (as its never worn again)!

I wonder though, has there been some sort of instruction or direction by the AFL, requiring us to have the silver in the jumper?

I wonder though, has there been some sort of instruction or direction by the AFL, requiring us to have the silver in the jumper?

I dont belive there is per se. Just that if one jumper is dark..teh other is light..discerably. The red -mfc would qulaify in spades !!

Its a dodgy road i conced when we deal with teh AFL..but we might learn a little from thjose other once destitute lot ( the filth ) and tel lthe AFL ..hands off our jumpers. Were playing the game ..unlike them, so give us leeway.

Between a predominatly red jumper and our standard I cant see who we can possibly be confused with...unlike Sundays debacle.

Wow that's a lot of positive responses. I thought of putting the 1858 on the front, but it didn't look as good - still I wanted to use it, so squeezed it in on the back.

Unfortunately there's an article on foxsports.com (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23800738-23211,00.html) that says that any clash jumper must be used for two years before it can be scrapped. It does go on to say

the AFL has left the door ajar slightly, with the league confirming that the Demons could in fact be given a reprieve if they could come up with another design to play the Saints.

Any change, though, for a one-off against the Saints would appear unlikely given the cost and logistics involved.

I know if they used this jumper I would buy one, and if more people could voice their support, maybe the club would consider it.

Feel free to forward it onto the club on my behalf.

anjyone able to forward to me in pm a specifcic email addy of someone with clout at mfc other that "general" i get so littel response there.. lol

Addy will be kep quiet..I will honour the secrecy

cheers

(p.s. Macca's will do ..lol )

wow!! thanks for all the responses...demon4life, i have emailed my and your suggestions to the club and i am currently awaiting a reply.

does anyone know of an email address at the club that has a chance of been replied?

Wow that's a lot of positive responses. I thought of putting the 1858 on the front, but it didn't look as good - still I wanted to use it, so squeezed it in on the back.

Unfortunately there's an article on foxsports.com (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23800738-23211,00.html) that says that any clash jumper must be used for two years before it can be scrapped. It does go on to say

I know if they used this jumper I would buy one, and if more people could voice their support, maybe the club would consider it.

Feel free to forward it onto the club on my behalf.

Demon4Life, could you do one with the stuff on the back in white instead of blue? So the front is red with the blue MFC logo and the back has white numbers, white 1858 and a white Primus? If you could mock one up and post it that'd be great to see. I just reckon the numbers will stand out a bit more.

It's a great design, and puts the crap we're putting up with to great shame. Well done mate.

Demon4Life, could you do one with the stuff on the back in white instead of blue? So the front is red with the blue MFC logo and the back has white numbers, white 1858 and a white Primus? If you could mock one up and post it that'd be great to see. I just reckon the numbers will stand out a bit more.

It's a great design, and puts the crap we're putting up with to great shame. Well done mate.

Something like this? I had the same idea, but I personally like a bit of blue on the back as well, hence my modifcation of Demon4Life's jumper with the blue strip up the top.

post-300-1212597398_thumb.jpg

Or with added 150th logo on front right corner.

post-300-1212601371_thumb.jpg

edit: I added the letters "Est." for established above the 1858 on the back of the guernsey. I think this (Est. 1858) should be on the back of our home jumper as well, and should be a permanent fixture as a reminder that we were, and will always be the first club. Not just for our 150th, but always.

I'm not sure, but I think I like yours more than my own. Either way, they're a huge improvement on the current travesty.

I think more than ever it's important to remind the football world of our place in the game, of our heritage, and i believe the MFC logo as well as the year we were established do this. We have no brand? We are the oldest football club in the southern hemisphere, dominated the league for two decades in the 40s and 50s, have a long association with the MCG (home of AFL, home of '56 olympics, host to many international sporting events) and share the name of the city of Melbourne. No brand? We are Australian Football!!!!!

I just opened this page and saw Clints and Doggos and both are good... MUCH better than our current one...

A mostly read gurnsey is NOT a bad idea... Why didn't the club consider this?

What I don't get is how the club can run a questionairre about how we pay them that takes 25 minutes to finish, but won't give asking the punters for their opinion on our gurnsey a go...

Why not email for suggestions to ALL the fans... Then sift through the few-hundred suggestions, as well as add their own, then put the best 5-20 suggestions on an email or letter every 2 years...

Problem solved? They have some control, we have some control...

A mostly red gurnsey is NOT a bad idea... Why didn't the club consider this?

Why not email for suggestions to ALL the fans... Then sift through the few-hundred suggestions, as well as add their own, then put the best 5-20 suggestions on an email or letter every 2 years...

Problem solved? They have some control, we have some control...

That would be great. Unheard of, but great! To actually have a real say in how the jumper should look, instead of just a few limited choices. Its win-win for the club (who gain a more marketable design with suggestions from their target market), and for the members, who have a say in making sure something like the silver jumper never comes out again. The jumper should only be designed by people who live and love the MFC... not some marketing suits.

In regards to the mostly red jumper, I think they felt the need to 'overhaul' the last clash jumper completely, as a result of the new MelbourneFC brand dropping the Demon.

But i dont know why that instantly meant changing the colours of the away strip completely? The jumper Demon4Life and myself suggested, or even the inverted colours from Nugget Jones, are not all that disimilar to the old clash strip, but, importanty without the Demon. And they are still completely recognisable and familiar to the MFC identity, not like our current one. It couldnt have been that hard to get rid of the demon face, but still keep it familiar and simple. There was never an issue of colour-clash with our old red jumper, and there would never be. The white/silver thing, IMO has already clashed with other clubs we've played this year.

No matter which way u spin it, the design and marketing team made some big blunders in putting that silver jumper out. Frankly, i cant even begin to comprehend how it came about as the best option in the end.

All of the serious suggestions in this post thus far (and even the jumper with Neita on the front! :lol: ) have been much nicer, and seriously more marketable to current and prospective members than that silver job.

Guest richie mac

If the AFL insists on white being a part of the jumper then maybe this could be an option. Its a modification of a couple of other designs that have been posted. I'm a complete hak at this sort of thing so excuse the roughness. For the record i reckon that red jumper is awesome guys!

post-2018-1212577895_thumb.jpg

I don't think the AFL insists on white or silver being part of the alternative jumper...just look at Essendons alternative strip for proof of that.

I don't think the AFL insists on white or silver being part of the alternative jumper...just look at Essendons alternative strip for proof of that.

I just wrote to the Footy Show with the following letter via Sam's Mailbag.

Please direct this to Garry Lyon.

Dear Legend,

Further to your comments regarding the MFC's alternative strip last Monday on Footy Classified, a number of Demons fans have been coming up with alternative strips for the MFC on the Demonland Fan website.

Please click on the following link to see a few of the more popular designs, http://demonland.ugbox.net/forum/index.php...=10415&st=0.

Clearly the one in all red, with blue MFC logo and blue numbers is far superior and is gaining considerably far more support on the fan websites than the absolute trashbag second rate rubbish our club has come up with.

Can you please show this on the Footy Show and request the club and the AFL to allow us to immediately change to something more atune to our traditionally colours before our club implodes.

I would also propose we would wear red shorts and red socks or blue shorts and blue socks or a mix when required depending on who we play.

Can we please get some common sense in our club?

It can't be that difficult.

Regards Haydo.

The way we're playing I think they can all wear our original jumper but way oversized down to their knees & they might as well wear the shorts over their heads as camoflauge. :(

Clearly the one in all red, with blue MFC logo and blue numbers is far superior and is gaining considerably far more support on the fan websites than the absolute trashbag second rate rubbish our club has come up with.

Can you please show this on the Footy Show and request the club and the AFL to allow us to immediately change to something more atune to our traditional colours before our club implodes.

I'll watch with keen interest tomorrow. Hope it gets on and Garry takes it seriously. Judging by the spray he gave the white/silver jumper on Footy Classified, i wouldn't be surprised if he does.

Must say, i quite prefer the all red jumper with blue MFC logo, but with the white numbers and sponsor logos on back! ;)

(If it is getting on TV...) :lol: