Jack Watts - Confirmed #1 Pick in 2008 Draft - Booyah!!!

Tex

Pretty sure i have heard that Bailey would select *the best player available* in the draft

Rich , Hurley and Watts seem genuine footballers while Naitanui has some special athletic skills but to me he lacks certain required skills of a complete footballer

like any draft its always a lottery / gamble

I would pick Watts over Rich but only because of size , his state of origin and his KPP status

Rich looks very impressive though

Comments on trading Brad Green from some posters seems odd although its quite true that you need to offer something good to recieve something good i would think that Brad Green looks like the next Demon Captain

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well spoken mate. Our best two players and the non thinkers on the forum want to get rid of them! I think Sunday showed that with the blending of youth and experience we can play some really good footy. However, playing this brand of footy that we displayed against Brisbane CONSISTENTLY will naturally take time to evolve and won't happen overnight. We will still get excellent draft picks including a priority pick and that's all we need.You must have seasoned, proven players as well as promising, developing youngsters. WE DON"T NEED TO TRADE ANYONE! Due to our poor start I can't see us getting off the bottom of the ladder and we WILL get pick number ONE.

How many games to you think us and West Coast could win by seasons end?

Ruckmen? White, Jamar, Johnson and Meesen. White probably has two seasons left in him. Dees should trade him to someone who needs a top up. Maybe to Bulldogs for next year? Swans? (i reckon Everitt has had it).

Sandy. White is finished in the AFL.

I understand for key position but we only have pick 1. The others will go before 17. We need to get rid of someone worthy of a pick 7 - 16. So we keep picks 1 and 17 and use 18 as a bargaining chip with a player to get soething from 7 to 16.

Given we are a bottom dwelling side who do we have that is quality, other Clubs will give value for and that is surplus to our needs for 2009 onwards?

We haven't exactly got the best midfielders going around. We need blokes that can get the ball down and with pace and skillful execution. Brock is the only bloke that can do this, but he's not the fastest bloke over 10m.

Correct. After taking the best available at pick 1 we need to focus on this area.

How many games to you think us and West Coast could win by seasons end?

2 more for Melb and 4 for the Eagles. My very humble call. Don't ask me which two we will win. We are too unpredictable. Eagles will win most of their remaining home games I think. They would love to beat the Dockers.

We are [censored] enough to land a gun at seasons end. We will get Naita, Rich or Watts, so what does it matter. Each of these little rippers will help us climb the ladder, and build a solid team to take on the flag in years to come.

This is a GREAT year to finish with a top 3 pick, and you can bet your house the dees will land a top 3 pick!

I liked the sound of Watts, so I went to watch the Sandy Dragons vs. Gippsland Power last weekend (also because I know a few of the guys at Sandy) and I was disappointed. He had 12 touches, 5 marks, 2 goals 2 behinds. I would've expected a player touted as being in the top 3 to be in the best few almost every week. That said, he did show why he will certainly be drafted. He has an amazing vertical leap, and somewhat suprising for the TAC cup, he is extremely unselfish - often too unselfish. He passed the ball from 30m out on a few occasions, in a comp where players would at least be subconciously be playing for their own chances at getting drafted

I liked the sound of Watts, so I went to watch the Sandy Dragons vs. Gippsland Power last weekend (also because I know a few of the guys at Sandy) and I was disappointed. He had 12 touches, 5 marks, 2 goals 2 behinds. I would've expected a player touted as being in the top 3 to be in the best few almost every week. That said, he did show why he will certainly be drafted. He has an amazing vertical leap, and somewhat suprising for the TAC cup, he is extremely unselfish - often too unselfish. He passed the ball from 30m out on a few occasions, in a comp where players would at least be subconciously be playing for their own chances at getting drafted.

Those are still decent figures for a key forward in the TAC cup.

Have you had a look at his season stats?

Haydo, he was no where near best on ground today, I think sometimes the hype of a player influences this. He was OK but IMO there would have been a few players ahead of him today. Same as NN and Rich they didn't deserve to be in WA's best today.

Watts was quiet but did some nice things. He only played 3 quarters and was often ignored by his teammates, but he's the one I want. He moves beautifully, has great skills, is good on the ground, and is a lovely height at 194cms. I'd like to see a bit of mongrel but I don't think he has any, which would be my only query. Even though he didn't take any of his trademark grabs I saw enough class to see how good he could become.

Guest morton10
Watch for Scully who was named in the bests, is still 16/17 and will be drafted No.1 2009. Absolute freak.

I'm sorry but I'm certain that Hannebery will be a star, better than Scully played against each other in the Xavier v Haileybury game. He will either go late in the draft this year or top five next year. I very high hopes for him and he would be a great pick up if we got him this year!

I'm sorry but I'm certain that Hannebery will be a star, better than Scully played against each other in the Xavier v Haileybury game. He will either go late in the draft this year or top five next year. I very high hopes for him and he would be a great pick up if we got him this year!

Hannebery will no doubt be a good player, but he's been very quiet during the Carnival. I went to the G a few weeks back and yesterday to Casey Fields in anticipation of watching him play as I went to school with his Dad and he's mates with my nephew. Unfortunately, he hardly fired a shot in both matches. The pedigree is there and he dominates at school footy, so I'm sure he'll take the next step.

Watts was quiet but did some nice things. He only played 3 quarters and was often ignored by his teammates, but he's the one I want. He moves beautifully, has great skills, is good on the ground, and is a lovely height at 194cms. I'd like to see a bit of mongrel but I don't think he has any, which would be my only query. Even though he didn't take any of his trademark grabs I saw enough class to see how good he could become.

By that description he sounds a bit like Riewoldt; is that fair?

Bruce or Green for a round 1 draft pick.

Do you reakon anyone would take jamar for an early third rounder? if we get warnock that is.

release Bruce , Green must stay, Green is a bloody good player.

Picked this up from AAP today...

Potential number one pick JACK WATTS says he's not yet sure if he'll nominate for this year's AFL national draft.

In a possible blow to clubs on the look-out for a young key forward, WATTS says he's yet to decide if he'll nominate as he still has another year to go before he completes Year 12.

In a further concern for clubs like West Coast and Fremantle, who might land the first pick this year, the 17-year-old WATTS says he loves living in Melbourne.

WATTS will this week play for Vic Metro against Western Australia in the final of the under-18 national championships, where all of the AFL clubs' recruiters will be on the look-out for the next batch of draftees.

Potential number one pick JACK WATTS says he's not yet sure if he'll nominate for this year's AFL national draft.

In a possible blow to clubs on the look-out for a young key forward, WATTS says he's yet to decide if he'll nominate as he still has another year to go before he completes Year 12.

In a further concern for clubs like West Coast and Fremantle, who might land the first pick this year, the 17-year-old WATTS says he loves living in Melbourne.

WATTS will this week play for Vic Metro against Western Australia in the final of the under-18 national championships, where all of the AFL clubs' recruiters will be on the look-out for the next batch of draftees.

The article is a smokey to plant some doubt in the WA teams minds.

If we want him & he nominates we will get him.

WA sides will draft Nat or Rich before Watts

If he doesn't nominate, we will pick up another KPP this years draft has a few, just from Vic Metro team Lisle, Fitzpatrick, Hurley, McKernan, Lynch, Trengove could all go first round. We will also have the option on the WA player that West coast doesn't pick. We get him great we don't we will still get a very good footballer.

If he wants to stay in Victoria he has to nominate for the draft this year, or he's going to the Gold Coast next year.

This has "stay away W.A." written all over it. Excellent!